• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Question of the Day

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
Years
  • What's one thing you would change about or add to the main series Pokemon games to make them more challenging?
    Removing the shift mode, forcing people to play in set mode. Why would every other trainer announce which Pokémon he's going to use so that you can switch in a type advantage? You don't let them do that either, how's that fair?

Otamajakushi

Kuuuuuuu ku ku ku...
    Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2017
    What's one thing you would change about or add to the main series Pokemon games to make them more challenging?

I would change the current Exp Share to Exp All and make it obtainable late in the game. I would then bring back the Exp Share hold item for use otherwise. I think it would also have benefits post game, say if you only wanted to give exp to a single Pokemon. The Gen 6 exp share should stay though, in some form, just not obtainable so quickly.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • Yea, the Exp Share (the 6th gen style one) is definitely a big one. I always do miss the old style Exp Share that you give to your Pokemon as a hold item.

One big thing that I would definitely change is, I would make the AI smarter. Having them play more strategically, like utilizing type advantages, predicting your next move, switching out, etc. I've always felt like that'd make the games a lot more fun and challenging! But that might just be the competitive battler in me talking ;3

Otamajakushi

Kuuuuuuu ku ku ku...
    Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2017
    Yea, the Exp Share (the 6th gen style one) is definitely a big one. I always do miss the old style Exp Share that you give to your Pokemon as a hold item.

One big thing that I would definitely change is, I would make the AI smarter. Having them play more strategically, like utilizing type advantages, predicting your next move, switching out, etc. I've always felt like that'd make the games a lot more fun and challenging! But that might just be the competitive battler in me talking ;3

Well, you may be on to something there. Perhaps one way to add challenge to the game is to add the concept of difficulty levels. There could be the normal mode, where everything is as it is, and then you can have a sort-of challenge mode, where everything is as you suggestion. Huh, interesting. I think that could work out.

Perhaps the player can select which mode to play in at the beginning OR always give them the option to go between the modes throughout their play though. So if they feel it's too challenging, they go to normal, and vice versa. Neat!

Years
  • Extend the Elite Four/Champion Pokemon rematch level to the late 80s-early 90s, with Egg moves included in some movesets. I find that Exp. fodder (ie. the Chansey line and Audino) is much easier to find and farm in the newer games, so getting an entire team to level 70 is not as difficult as it used to be.

Kotone

someone needed a doctor?
    Years
  • What's one thing you would change about or add to the main series Pokemon games to make them more challenging?
    probably make the pokemon higher than level 100. i think that would be insane battling the elite four and the champion.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • Wow, some great answers on this one! Lots of stuff that I never even thought about c:

Question of the Day

What's a feature of one of the older main series Pokemon games you'd like to see brought back?

Years
  • The Key system from BW2, which allows the player to select a difficulty through an IR connection with another player's cartridge (assuming they have them unlocked). Not only does this add replay value, it also makes the game more flexible to fit a wider range of skill levels; this way, beginners won't feel overwhelmed, and veterans can still expect a challenge even after finishing the game. Why Game Freak decided to get rid of this feature, nobody knows. I thought it was a pretty nifty feature.

pkmin3033

What's a feature of one of the older main series Pokemon games you'd like to see brought back?

Challege Medals from BW2. Trophies! I'm primarily a Sony gamer and, whilst I did NOT approve of BW2's crappy multiplayer funtions, I did like the idea of medals, and I would love to see them done properly (i.e. without trashy multiplayer ones that are damn near impossible to achieve) in a future game!

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
    Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    Diffuclty system like the ones on BW/BW2 where IR need to adjust the levels and stuffs, Walking with pokemon (HG/SS), BW/BW2 Medal System and perhaps memory link from BW2

Years
  • Lol!Never knew Question of the day has been reinstated.
    I want the battle frontier back with some improvements!Man that battle frontier was really exciting!

Last edited:

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
    Years
  • What's a feature of one of the older main series Pokemon games you'd like to see brought back?

It would be cool to walk with Pokemon again, like in HG/SS, especially now that the games are 3D!

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Question of the Day

The Key System, Dream World.Fast Frame Rate from Gen III games.

Question of the Day

What's one thing you would change about or add to the main series Pokemon games to make them more challenging?​
    I have an idea similar to Ketsu, setting a Level cap, as well as acting similarly to Battle Facility battles -- No level ups, trainers not allowed to use items, no more than 2 same Pokémon/items etc.

Question of the Day

Have you ever run out of PP and had to use Struggle during a battle?

I did with my Magikarp when it was battling Blue's Abra! It was like the epic match of Pokémon history!

Laguna

Sir Zangoose
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Aug 31, 2016

Pokémon following you around like in Yellow and HG/SS! It was the cutest thing ever.

Years
  • What's a feature of one of the older main series Pokemon games you'd like to see brought back?
    I pretty much have the same answer as Laguna. When Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver came out it was literally the bomb. Having a Pokémon follow you is pretty cool and you can directly talk to them and know what they think and feel about you. The PokéWalker was also cool and it motivated me to actually walk out of the house and being able to encounter Pokémon you could encounter earlier than usual was a cool feature. And something else I also want that has been missing since Gen V, having the Safari Zone and a Game Corner THAT HAS SLOT MACHINES!

KetsuekiR

Ridiculously unsure
    Years
    I don't understand why they took out what Laguna mentioned? It was awesome and pretty much every one reacted extremely well to it! I mean, why take out something that sells? :P

Other than that, mining :P I really, really liked mining in Sinnoh and it was awesome operating an underground with traps and stuff xD Man, when I first played Pearl, it really did provide me with hours of fun, I just couldn't stop! :P

Winter

[color=#bae5fc][font="Georgia"]KAMISATO ART: SOUME
    Years

Definitely the PokeWalker by far. And I hate to sound cliche but the Battle Frontier as well as the old Game Corner (like who cares if it's 'gambling', it's just a game. -.-)

//isn't even wearing rose-tinted glasses but has to beg the question of why Game Freak makes dumb decisions to remove as what has been mentioned as stuff that sells

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
    Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024

Definitely the PokeWalker by far. And I hate to sound cliche but the Battle Frontier as well as the old Game Corner (like who cares if it's 'gambling', it's just a game. -.-)

//isn't even wearing rose-tinted glasses but has to beg the question of why Game Freak makes dumb decisions to remove as what has been mentioned as stuff that sells

If Pokemon game have gambling, then it's not rated E on some rating section and would be classified another rating. like how japanese HGSS was replaced with Voltorb flip.

Otamajakushi

Kuuuuuuu ku ku ku...
    Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2017

The whole Pokewalker feature set. This includes both the device and Pokemon walking outside of their Pokeballs. Imagine if they integrated this into Pokemon Go as well!

Embernight

Dragon Tamer
    Years
    • Seen Apr 1, 2022
    What's a feature of one of the older main series Pokemon games you'd like to see brought back?:
    I would want to be able to have a Pokemon follow me around just like in the Johto games. I loved fishing and having an exclamation mark appear over my Pokemon's head as they helped me land a Pokemon. I also wish that they would keep the PokeNav feature for future games. Never has any game feature motivated me to catch so many Pokemon. I've always wanted to fill the Pokedex, but I've never gotten as close to doing so as I have by completing every area on the PokeNav.

Back