• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick Question and Answer Thread / Breeding Questions

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020
If a just-hatched Pokemon eats the EV-lowering Berries, will they have no effect?

Nevermind.
"Its base SP. Def can't go any lower."

Yes, it will not go any lower as you just said. Although, the bond between your pokémon and yourself will raise. So basically the EV's you are trying to lower will not reduce at all until it gains much more levels, but the bond between you two will raise.

Years
  • Seen Dec 2, 2014
EV Training question

A website tells me that the best way to raise an Adamant Heracross is by maxing 4 HP, 252 Spd and Attack. knowing that i would lose track, even with the counter app., would it help if i gave 4 EV's per stat first then count the rest of the 248 with Attack and go crazy with Speed to get the potential maximum of each?

Tinhead Bruce

the Neighbour
Years
What I usually do is put those extra 6 EVs into the other stat (in this case HP), then, seeing as I have nothin to leave me back, I fight a bunch of Starlys or something for speed, then fight a bunch of Machops for Attack. That way, none of the EVs go to waste and I get my exact EV spread.

Please note: You are going to want to learn how to keep track of EVs, otherwise you will never fully reach your potential, as you will be locked into 252/252/4 (6) spreads.

Years
  • Seen Dec 2, 2014
What I usually do is put those extra 6 EVs into the other stat (in this case HP), then, seeing as I have nothin to leave me back, I fight a bunch of Starlys or something for speed, then fight a bunch of Machops for Attack. That way, none of the EVs go to waste and I get my exact EV spread.

Please note: You are going to want to learn how to keep track of EVs, otherwise you will never fully reach your potential, as you will be locked into 252/252/4 (6) spreads.

of COURSE. thanks man. juuuuuuuust what i needed :D

Years
  • Seen Nov 24, 2010
quick question

is there any way to make sure the gender of a pokemon egg will come out (fe)male?

or is predetermined when you pick it up?

what would i have to do to make sure an egg comes out as a female?

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020
quick question

is there any way to make sure the gender of a pokemon egg will come out (fe)male?

or is predetermined when you pick it up?

what would i have to do to make sure an egg comes out as a female?

Well it all happens by luck. However, there is a site [serebii.net] to where you can check how much rarer it is to get a female pokémon than a male pokémon or vice versa. I suggest you check that out. Click Here. Click on one of the generations and select the pokémon you want. Scroll down until you see the Male and Female percentage. I hope this helped...

Years
  • Seen Nov 24, 2010
Well it all happens by luck. However, there is a site [serebii.net] to where you can check how much rarer it is to get a female pokémon than a male pokémon or vice versa. I suggest you check that out. Click Here. Click on one of the generations and select the pokémon you want. Scroll down until you see the Male and Female percentage. I hope this helped...
yeah it helped.

it sucks though, i need 4 female evees, but i only have one lol

Years
  • Seen Jul 2, 2009
TRAVELING to other region

in pokemon platinum can u travel to other reigons?
and i swear to god no one reply saying u need to answer in the quick question forum because i dunno where it is and cba to look for it ok?

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020
what are the ev raising items and were do i get them all?

The EV raising items help you EV train to get better and stronger pokémon and their stats.

Power Items: Found in the Fight Area, or located near the Battle Tower/Battle Frontier
- Power Band, raises EV's in Special Defense
- Power Anklet, raises EV's in Speed
- Power Belt, raises EV's in Defense
- Power Bracer, raises EV's in Attack
- Power Lens, raises EV's in Special Attack
- Power Weight, raises EV's in HP

Besides the Power items, there is also the Macho Brace. To get this you need to collect all the Burmy Evolutions and show it to a man in Pastoria City. When he sees this he'll give you the Macho Brace which helps boost +2 EV's in whatever stat you are training in.

Gaining the Pokerus is also very helpful, because it speeds up the process in EV training. Just keep in mind, when one of your pokemon are holding any of these items, in battle you will move a little slower. Hope this helped.

Another big help when it comes to EV training is to use the vitamins which can be found all at the Department store in Veilstone City.

There are:

- Calcium, used for Special Attack
- Carbos, used for Speed
- HP Up, used for HP
- Iron, used for defense
- Protein, used for attack
- Zinc, used for special defense

A tip when it comes to using the vitamins. Make sure your pokemon has no EVs what so ever, then whichever area you plan on EVing in, give your pokemon 10 vitamins for that specific stat. This will give you 100 EVs for that area, as each vitamin gives 10 EVs.

Hoped this will help you out.

Back