• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick Question and Answer Thread / Breeding Questions

The Red Chain

THEN, there's Sand Veil. 20% evasion in a sandstorm is just ridiculous. You may be able to get in on Garchomp successfully, but there's still that chance that he'll still survive.

People also LOVE to take advantage of Garchomp's ability.
It's already so hard to counter, but you will almost always see Garchomp on a sand storm team unless you specify that you don't want Ubers.
If this is so, you may as well run.. because you will almost always get massacred.

DeathOfBlades

AYE SIR!
Years
When IV Breeding. Say like your father has perf IVs for attack. Will it still contribute to the father? Or it is all from the mother. Also I just found out you can get 31 IVs in all your stats. Does getting perfect IVs in all the stats affect EVs in any way?

Years
Yes it is possible. I'd say about a 1 in a 1,073,741,824 (32^6) chance to encounter one in the wild. Breeding Pokemon with already Perfect IVs lowers that chance though.

DeathOfBlades

AYE SIR!
Years
So pretty much it is incredibly impossible or takes mega hyper longer than catching shiny legends even though you're breeding two parents with perf IVs in an attack stat?

Pretty rare, but not if you were to breed from a ditto with 31 ivs and another poke with 31 ivs in every stat.

Since when are you going to find a ditto with perfect IVs in every stat??? Just by breeding with parents with perf IVs in certain stats will take like mega hyper gay super forever!!

Has anyone actually attempted to get perfect IVs in every stat and actually got it?

Last edited:

Kudra

IV breeder
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Apr 3, 2013
So pretty much it is incredibly impossible or takes mega hyper longer than catching shiny legends even though you're breeding two parents with perf IVs in an attack stat?

Since when are you going to find a ditto with perfect IVs in every stat??? Just by breeding with parents with perf IVs in certain stats will take like mega hyper gay super forever!!

Has anyone actually attempted to get perfect IVs in every stat and actually got it?
To breed for a pokemon with perfect IVs alone, even with parents that have all flawless IVs, the odds are 1:59916 (credit for statistic to smogon), so you'd better have a bit of spare time on your hands.

Years
Well... Breeding just two Pokemon both with perfect IVs in attack... changes the odds to 4,026,531,841...

If you want completely flawless IVs that badly, you could reference this page for details and reference and this page for expanded probability calculations. Or shoddybattle, that works too.

lolwut

Too cute for you
Years
I have bred a lickitung with 31 in everything but i think speed and sp atk and a larvitar with 31 in everything but speed so its not really as hard as you think, go on smogon (forums) and everyone iv breeds over there, most people have a huge collection of perfect iv bred pokes. And for getting a ditto some people just hack one, but it IS possible to breed a ditto with perfect ivs.

DeathOfBlades

AYE SIR!
Years
Ditto is a Pokemon that can't be bred so... The only way to get one with perfect IVs is to catch one and hope it's that 1 in 1,073,741,824.

By the odds of 1:13 do they mean by I have to hatch only 14 pokemon and I'll get finally one?

Say like you have a nature that doesn't boost attack and characteristic trait that is often dozes off but then you have 31 IVs in all stats and you EV train 252 in the attack stat. Will you still get max attack IVs?

Also how much will a perfect IVed pokemon be worth?

Last edited:

Tinhead Bruce

the Neighbour
Years
By the odds of 1:13 do they mean by I have to hatch only 14 pokemon and I'll get finally one?

Say like you have a nature that doesn't boost attack and characteristic trait that is often dozes off but then you have 31 IVs in all stats and you EV train 252 in the attack stat. Will you still get max attack IVs?

Not necessarily, just because those are the odds doesn't mean you'll get one in the amounts of times the odds are, but yes, hypothetically you should get one after 14 eggs.

Oh, hey, to jpp8's post, there is a MUCH easier way to get a perfect Ditto. In fact, I have one with me at the moment. Read The Smogon RNG Abuse Thread if you want one yourself =p.

Yeah.... you will still have 31 IVs in attack. IVs never change after you receive/catch the Pokémon. You will not, however, have the maximum attack stat. In order to get max attack, you will need to get an attack-boosting nature, like Adamant, Brave, Lonely or Naughty (preferably Adamant).

Perfect IV'd Pokés are VERY valuable (and mostly hacked) right now, but with the method above ^, they are becoming more commonplace.

Last edited:
Back