• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick Question and Answer Thread / Breeding Questions

Years
  • So i've done some reseach, and i foud out that breeding pokes from different countries increases the chances of getting a shiny. My question is Does the Meister Magicarp count as foreign ?

No, the game itself generates the Pokemon so it isn't considered foreign.
    Palmer recap.
    So if I throw a battle, start at zero, I can work back up to 21 wins to fight his first team again? Additionally, even after I beat him, I can still fight him again even after I get the "print?"

Also,
    What's a print?

Also,
    I've beaten the elite four and had several battles on the battle frontier. Why don't I have access to the Survival and Resort areas yet?

1. Yes and yes.
    2. Basically, they're the same as Badges, just rewards for beating the Frontier Brain.
    3. You need to have seen all Pokemon in the Sinnoh Dex once. Then Prof. Rowan will give you the National Dex and then you will gain access to these areas.

Lynnx

half listening.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2009
    Also,
    I've beaten the elite four and had several battles on the battle frontier. Why don't I have access to the Survival and Resort areas yet?

Wait, you've gotten to the Battle Frontier? You have access to the Survival and Resort areas, you just need to walk/ride/surf there (go east from the Fight area to get to the Resort area, and north from the Fight area to get to the Survival area.)

Years
  • Wait, you've gotten to the Battle Frontier? You have access to the Survival and Resort areas, you just need to walk/ride/surf there (go east from the Fight area to get to the Resort area, and north from the Fight area to get to the Survival area.)

Nope. there were guys standing in the way. They moved when I got the national dex (Thanks jpp!)

Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2009
    How do you catach a Muchlax in Platnium

How do you catch a Muchlax? I have checked at least 100+ honey trees and I keep getting Burmas and Combee.

.Razr

Blazing Ace
    Years
  • First you have to find a honey tree (Try the on you have to use rocksmash to get to by Dr. Footsteps house) and smear honey on it. It's pure chance but there are only some speacil trees that will get a Munchlax (such as the one I told you about) in the strategy guide for platinum it's classifed as Super Rare. Anthor way is if you have a female snorlax leave it at the day care with a lax incease a pokemon that can breed with it. In the egg should have a munchlax in it.

lolwut

Too cute for you
    Years
  • So i've done some reseach, and i foud out that breeding pokes from different countries increases the chances of getting a shiny. My question is Does the Meister Magicarp count as foreign ?

No. You have to actually trade a foreign poke from a different game for the method to work. If you're going to try it i suggest the quick egg hatch cheat by the way.

TERRA#493

Competitive Battler
    Years
  • Easiest way, as .Razr said, is to put a female Snorlax which holds Lax Incense (you can find the Lax Incense in the Revenged Path) with a valid partner - a Munchlax comes out!

Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2009
    Thanks for the advice. Which of the trees have the chance for the Muchlax. And for the day care thing where would i get a snorlax?

.Razr

Blazing Ace
    Years
  • I have a list of all the "good" trees but I don't really have the time to post the whole thing. I'd search it on Ask.com

You'd migrate the snorlax caught in firered/leafgreen into platinum, that's assuming you've beaten the game of course

Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2009
    1. Ask.com sucks. Use Google.
    2. Any Honey Tree can have a Munchlax in it. It's just a 1% chance, so you'll need to be really patient.

Wait is it only certain trees or any of them and they all have a 1% chance?

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    So... is Garchomp an Uber? Has it always been an Uber, or am I just oblivious? o.o

Garchomp is an uber and it has been an uber for a long time. Though it used to be in the OU tier but got moved because it was said to be overpowered. Currently it is being looked at once again to see if it should be moved back into the OU tier.

The Red Chain

So... is Garchomp an Uber? Has it always been an Uber, or am I just oblivious? o.o

Yes, Garchomp in competitive battling terms is referred to as an 'Uber'.
    This is because of it's stats, ability, and movepool.

It's stats are fairly high nearly every where, it's ability is Sand Veil, which means it's
    evasion increases by 20% in a sandstorm.
    It's already extremely fast with a base speed of 102, and powerful with a base attack of 130, so it's ability can make it all the more a pain in the neck.
    It can use many useful STABed moves such as Dragon Claw, and Outrage as well.

Any Pokemon classified as an Uber has that classification for being nearly unstoppable in the correct situations.

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
  • Garchomp is an uber and it has been an uber for a long time. Though it used to be in the OU tier but got moved because it was said to be overpowered. Currently it is being looked at once again to see if it should be moved back into the OU tier.

Overpowered meaning insanely fast, strong, hard-to-counter, and overall broken.

Garchimacera learns Swords Dance and gets STAB Dragon-type moves, and is quick enough to pull it all off and then sweep your team. Since not many things have Dragon-type and Ground-type resistance simultaneously, Garchomp will almost always take down a buddy with it.

Really, the only way to down Garchy is to outspeed him, but if your Pokemon out can't do that, you will either stay in and die or switch out, get Swords Dance'd on the switch, and then lose the switch-in the next turn. Garchmeister Supreme is even harder to outspeed because of his base 102 SPE, and his immunity to Thunder Wave.

Ice-type moves? Garch Vader has a Yache Berry attached to absorb your hit and OHKO you back. Even if it doesn't hold that berry, you need 269 SPA just to OHKO Garch with Ice Beam -- that means most Ice Beams will only 2HKO Garchomp and on the first one, will get taken down.

THEN, there's Sand Veil. 20% evasion in a sandstorm is just ridiculous. You may be able to get in on Garchomp successfully, but there's still that chance that he'll still survive.

Years
    • Seen Jun 9, 2009
    Pokemon help please

I've played and mastered pokémon pearl, and now I'm playing platinum. But there's something I don't get; how do you no what type of vitamin to your pokémon?

If any help, Thank you!

Back