• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick Question and Answer Thread / Breeding Questions

Years
  • The highest lv. Pokemon is Cynthia's lv. 62 Garchomp, so I think that having your Pokemon lv. 60-65 would be a good bet. I think even lv. 55-ish would be OK if you like to abuse Hyper Potions and Revives.

Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2012
    Pokemon diamon/pearl wifi battle question

can u do like me and my friend do a double battle against someone but were both on the same team?

*note when i said someone like someone who i dont know, or someone i dont know their friend code

or like just in the battle frontier were we can team up and play against computer?

electricgrass

I'm a prodigy in progress
    Years
  • ok then... it's been a while.

But anyway, in Platinum do you need the Nat. Dex to catch the GBA Pokes, or are they available from the start?

Years
  • You need the national dex before you get access to the Pal Park. You still get the national dex the same way you do in Diamond and Pearl; by seeing all Pokemon in the Sinnoh dex.

Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2012
    can u do like me and my friend do a double battle against someone but were both on the same team?

*note when i said someone like someone who i dont know, or someone i dont know their friend code

or like just in the battle frontier were we can team up and play against computer?
    how do we do it? and yes its wireless.

electricgrass

I'm a prodigy in progress
    Years
  • You need the national dex before you get access to the Pal Park. You still get the national dex the same way you do in Diamond and Pearl; by seeing all Pokemon in the Sinnoh dex.

er, thanks but I was more talking about the pokemon such as Growlithe or Caterpie, who needed a GBA game in the GBA Slot of the DS (in this case Fire Red) to be accessed in the game without Pal-Parking them.

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
  • er, thanks but I was more talking about the pokemon such as Growlithe or Caterpie, who needed a GBA game in the GBA Slot of the DS (in this case Fire Red) to be accessed in the game without Pal-Parking them.

You will always need to have the Nat Dex before you can Dongle.
    Platinum added several new Dongle Pokemon, so you should check those out. I think Pineco is one?

Years
  • how do we do it? and yes its wireless.

You can only do this if you have 4 people. Go to the second floor of the Pokemon center and talk to the lady farthest to the right. She will ask you what kind of battle you'd like to do. There will be red text that sayas "BATTLES FOR FOUR" and under it will be an option that says "MULTI BATTLE". Choose it and then the game will save. Then determine who will be the leader and everyone else will join the group. Once that's finished, you'll be teleported to a room where you will battle. Stay on the side of who you want to team up with.

er, thanks but I was more talking about the pokemon such as Growlithe or Caterpie, who needed a GBA game in the GBA Slot of the DS (in this case Fire Red) to be accessed in the game without Pal-Parking them.

No. What Gymnotide said. Except I know that Pinceco isn't one of the new ones since you could get it in D/P.

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    Yeah, I lied. I haven't really played D/P for months -
    They actually took away Elekid, Magby, and Gligar in Platinum.

That is because you can find Elekid, Magby, and Gligar in the wild in Platinum without beating the E4 and without having the Natn'l Dex.

Akeraz

Winning is Magic
    Years
  • A quick question.

I heard somewhere that you can get Sky Forme shaymin using a Shaymin obtained using Oak's Letter..
    Is this true?

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
  • A quick question.

I heard somewhere that you can get Sky Forme shaymin using a Shaymin obtained using Oak's Letter..
    Is this true?

You can get Shaymin in Sky Forme by having an event Shaymin (Movie or TRU) and going to Floaroma Town. There, you shoulld see a woman who gives you the Gracedia Flower, which is a Key Item used on Shaymin to turn it into Sky Forme.

This is in Platinum only though, and I'm not 100% sure about this, so it should be confirmed by someone else.

Now for my question.

Is it possible to pass down Tutored moves through breeding in D/P? Like egg move breeding, but with tutored moves (Clefable with Softboiled, Furret with Trick etc.)

Konekodemon

The Master of Pokemon Breeding
    Years
    • Age 39
    • NC
    • Seen Nov 20, 2023
    Platnium: I am having trouble finding a Pikachu holding a Light Ball. I can't even run into Pikachu anymore will someone trade me a Pikachu that is holding a Light Ball. I will trade it back after I get the Light Ball from it if you'd like, I already have a male Pikachu and a female Pichu I just need the Light Ball. Here is my friend code: 0775 0151 5073

Platnium: I'd also like a Glameow please

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
  • Platnium: I am having trouble finding a Pikachu holding a Light Ball. I can't even run into Pikachu anymore will someone trade me a Pikachu that is holding a Light Ball. I will trade it back after I get the Light Ball from it if you'd like, I already have a male Pikachu and a female Pichu I just need the Light Ball. Here is my friend code: 0775 0151 5073

Platnium: I'd also like a Glameow please

Just so you know, Pichu can't breed, so you'll need to get a female Pikachu or Raichu if you want a baby Pichu with Volt Tackle.

Konekodemon

The Master of Pokemon Breeding
    Years
    • Age 39
    • NC
    • Seen Nov 20, 2023
    I already knew that, I was going to wait until it evolved, but I'd still like the Light Ball and a Glameow please

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Is it possible to change a Turnback Giratinas' forme with the Griseous Orb or do u need a Distortion one?

Back