• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick Question and Answer Thread / Breeding Questions

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    Can anyone tell me how to catch a Ditto in Platinum? I hear East of Canalave, PokeRadar. Then Trophy Garden, PokeRadar.

What is the certain way to get Ditto?

In Platinum, Ditto is a Daily Pokemon located in the Trophy Garden. Save in front of Mr. Backlot and then talk to him. If he mentions Ditto, then there will be wild Ditto in his garden, although their encounter rate is only 5%. If not, then there is still a slim chance that Ditto will be available, but it is still more useful to reset and try again.

Forever Forum

Its Hell getting into Heaven
    Years
  • In Platinum, Ditto is a Daily Pokemon located in the Trophy Garden. Save in front of Mr. Backlot and then talk to him. If he mentions Ditto, then there will be wild Ditto in his garden, although their encounter rate is only 5%. If not, then there is still a slim chance that Ditto will be available, but it is still more useful to reset and try again.
    Last night I went to him and he stated Azurill was in the Garden.

I talked to him this morning and he said the same. Do I have to wait for him to change his saying?

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    Last night I went to him and he stated Azurill was in the Garden.

I talked to him this morning and he said the same. Do I have to wait for him to change his saying?

Every day, one Pokemon is randomly selected out of a specific group and placed into the Trophy Garden. The reason why I said to save in front of him is because the specific selection is not made until you actually speak to him, meaning that resetting gives another chance at a specific Pokemon being selected.

In other words, Azurill being chosen twice was merely a fluke.

...Or are you saying that he was still insisting on Azurill being in the garden?

Forever Forum

Its Hell getting into Heaven
    Years
  • Every day, one Pokemon is randomly selected out of a specific group and placed into the Trophy Garden. The reason why I said to save in front of him is because the specific selection is not made until you actually speak to him, meaning that resetting gives another chance at a specific Pokemon being selected.

In other words, Azurill being chosen twice was merely a fluke.

...Or are you saying that he was still insisting on Azurill being in the garden?
    He was still saying Azurill was in the Garden.

So I guess I have to wait a full day correct?

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    He was still saying Azurill was in the Garden.

So I guess I have to wait a full day correct?

If he was still standing there by himself saying "There really ARE Azurill in my garden!!" or something along those lines, then yes.

Either way, you should wait until tomorrow morning and then try again.

Richard Lynch

Professor Lynch
    Years
  • Ummm... wha?

(Going by Platinum)

Duskull is easily taken care of, if you ask me, so there's no real strategy involved.

Haunter, with its dual Poison type, is taken out quickly by any powerful (preferably STABed) Psychic type move (Kadabra will always win against Haunter, for example).

Mismagius is just a pain. My suggestion is to bring along a decent Dark Pokemon who can hold its own offensively. I'm not sure about its moveset in the gym, but if its allowed to Calm Mind up, it can be a real pain to take down, so hit it hard and fast. This is slightly risky, but another Ghost Pokemon could viably be helpful, although you better make sure it can get the very first hit, and make that hit a good one!

In general, against Mismagius, its best if you have something that can take a few hits. If you can whittle her down enough, a fast and strong blow at the end could make a win for you.

Years
    • Seen Apr 15, 2009
    a Little Problem

Hello my problem is when you trad a pokemon from Pokemon Diamond to Platinum

the pokemon that you have traded will be vain ,, and proud and start sleeping in the fight and ignore your orders ... what is the solution ?? and what should I do ??

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
  • Pokemon obedience is determined by gym badges (and maybe happiness, I'm not sure)

2 badges - Pokemon up to lvl 30 will obey
    4 badges - up to lvl 50
    6 badges - up to lvl 70
    8 badges - all will obey

Metalchic

▄█ 'M ▓▒
    Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2009
    ponyta with flamewheel will work pretty well i would think, i'm not sure i leveled all my pokemon up to lv30~ before that gym =x

Years
    • Seen Apr 15, 2009
    aha but if my pokemon is under the 30es

shall I train him until he goes to the 30 or finishing 2 badges is ok ..?

thanks for posting :)

gee2k8

Slicker than your average
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Sep 24, 2013
    Older gen player seeking guidence

Hello again guys, as i have never stepped out of the realms of pokemon red/blue/yellow/fire red and Leaf green i am completely oblivious to the new selection of pokemon on the ds games Diamond/Pearl and the up and coming platinum.

I am soon to buy a DS, one for me and one for my Girlfriend because we love battling with each other on our gba's on fire red/green and we have gotten each other rather over excited about the idea of playing on a brand new DS. Now getting to the point of my post....i am after some help on the titles on the ds as i am not sure which one we each should get, knowing very little about the pokemon passed the 150 mark i have no idea which games have which pokemon and would very much appreciate it if someone could briefly fill me in with some info on these games and perhaps some suggestions could be made to which we should get (for example i dont know if platinum is a different game world all together to diamond and pearl which i am guessing are more advanced equivelants to red/blue).

Thanks in advance

Shadow

Original Flavor Darkness
    Years
  • Well, Platinum is to Diamond/Pearl as Yellow is to Red/Blue. It's an update version of the game with some new features and storyline elements. If you're going to start with one, I'd suggest Platinum as it is the most finely polished one of the new generation and has the largest selection of Pokémon.

Perhaps the biggest change you'll notice beyond the addition of Pokémon is that attacks are no longer physical or special based on their type, but by the actual attack. For example: Ember is a special Fire move and Fire Punch is a physical Fire move.

Other than that, just glance over the instruction manuals and glance over the FAQs stickied in this forum. Take advantage of the stickied Q&A thread for any simple questions you might come across while playing. And above all, have fun with the games.

Shem

Bored...
    Years
  • I would definately get platinum, It has more pokemon in it. But there are pokemon that can't be obtained in Platinum but can in Dimond or Pearl.

But you could always trade on wi-fi for those

There's also a little more content on Platinum.

By the way, If you like your fire red/leaf green pokemon and want to use them on your DS game, I would go with at least one DS lite so you can import you're GBA pokemon, but if you plan on keeping pokemon on your GBA games a DSi wouldn't affect you, or maybe one of each.

Kaseo

Cursed Being
    Years
  • I'm going to EV train a lvl 1 pokemon, so my plan was to Exp. Share lvl it once to level it up quite a bit and then get rid of the EVs it gained with berries. So my question is how many EVs do those certain berries reduce?

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    I'm going to EV train a lvl 1 pokemon, so my plan was to Exp. Share lvl it once to level it up quite a bit and then get rid of the EVs it gained with berries. So my question is how many EVs do those certain berries reduce?

Apparently, if a Pokemon has more than 100 EVs in a stat, then a single berry will reduce those to 100. Beyond that, each berry removes 10 EVs.

gee2k8

Slicker than your average
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Sep 24, 2013
    thanks for the speedy replies, i will look into getting platinum :) and a ds lite was all we could afford for the moment anyway i'm not really interested in the camera functions of the dsi i just really want to play the new games and get to grips with 150+ pokemon :)

Back