• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick Question and Answer Thread / Breeding Questions

Years
    Wrong. If your Gengar had 50 EVs in that stat already, only 5 Vitamins can be used on it. This is because the Vitamins only work as long as the EVs in that stat are below 100.

Ru-Kun

bleh...
    Years
    If the 50 EV wasn't make by vitamins, yeah, you are supposed to be able to give him 10 vitamins.

Yup, you can as long as you haven't already used all 10 Vitamins or the stat reaches max

Wrong. If your Gengar had 50 EVs in that stat already, only 5 Vitamins can be used on it. This is because the Vitamins only work as long as the EVs in that stat are below 100.

OK so which one is right?

Also if I use the macho brace while training, won't I only need to battle two Pokemon to get a certain EV instead of four?

Years
    Bulbapedia said:
    in Generation III and beyond, stats were calculated with the system of effort values, and so instead vitamins give a Pokémon 10 EV points to a stat, only working if the EVs of the stat raised are less than 100, and if the total EVs are less than 510.
    That would be me.

The Macho Brace doubles the amount of EVs you get in battle when its held. For example, defeating a Starly while holding a Macho Brace results in 2 EVs in Speed rather than 1 EV in Speed.

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
    jpp8 is right; Vitamins will grant +10 EV to any stat, so long as the stat is below 100. If you have 90 EVs, a vitamin will bump it up to 100; 91 will be bumped to 101; etc, but once you hit 100, you can't use them anymore.

And yes, Macho Brace doubles the EV gain via battle. It also stacks with PokeRus.

edit Too slow D:

Ru-Kun

bleh...
    Years
    That would be me.

The Macho Brace doubles the amount of EVs you get in battle when its held. For example, defeating a Starly while holding a Macho Brace results in 2 EVs in Speed rather than 1 EV in Speed.

jpp8 is right; Vitamins will grant +10 EV to any stat, so long as the stat is below 100. If you have 90 EVs, a vitamin will bump it up to 100; 91 will be bumped to 101; etc, but once you hit 100, you can't use them anymore.

And yes, Macho Brace doubles the EV gain via battle. It also stacks with PokeRus.

edit Too slow D:

Thank you both! Hopefully I will be able to EV train Pokemon faster now!

Years
    • Seen Jul 13, 2014
    Cheers for the answers guys! This is now clear. I think I'm desperate enough to buy either Diamond or Pearl just so i can trade my pokemon across from FR. So its possible to trade a lvl 1 charmander across from (via pal park) diamond to platinum?
    Now I'm off to buy diamond or pearl haha.
    Ok, another quick question.... is Zapdos available on Platinum anywhere? Also, what about Mewtwo? And lastly.. where do i find pikachu!!!

Cheers guys :P
    Alex

Years
    Zapdos, along with Articuno and Moltes, start roaming Sinnoh like Mesprit and Cresselia did after you obtain the National Dex and talk to Prof. Oak at his house in Eterna City. (Platinum only)
    Mewtwo has to be migrated from the GBA games.
    Pikachu is found at the Trophy Garden on Route 212.

Jack_Atlas

Who's your Master of Faster?
    Years
    Somebody help me evolve my Eevee!!!

I have a Shiny Eevee that I wanna evolve into a Umbreon without Fighting. Here's what I have done:
    1. Attached Soothe Bell
    2. Given Poffins
    3. Put in 3 Normal Rank Cute contests and 1 Great Rank Cute contest
    4. Given massages from Veilstone and Resort area.

Please give me other ideas so I can get my pokemon happy! I am currently in the process of growing the berries that increase friendship, but I dunno when they'll be done.

Last edited:

Zero°

Mirai Nikki
    Years
    Every 256 steps=1 Happiness point, go on the Bike route, or that long route near Solaceon town, (Gosh I can't spell.)

Years
    Poffins don't raise happiness actually. Neither do Contests. The things that raise happiness are:
    Walking 256 steps
    Massages (Veilstone, Resort Area)
    Using vitamins (HP Up, Protein, etc.)
    Gaining a level
    Using EV reduction Berries (Pomeg through Tamato)
    Using healing items (Anything that's not Bitter)
    Holding a Soothe Bell while doing any of the above (doubles the amount of happiness gained)

Zero°

Mirai Nikki
    Years
    Lemonade, MooMoo Milk, and Fresh Water increase happiness, though, I'm not sure about Potion. I mean, who likes medicine?

Years
    Yesterday I went to walibi world and got

EUSMR09 Regigigas but I also got an EUSMR09 Pikachu, does anyone know anything about it? because it never said we would be getting that.

Toushiro319

10th Squad Taicho!
    Years
    Help Please

I just tried turning on one of my Pokemon Diamond games and it says this in a white box with a blue border:

"The date could not be read.

Please turn off the power, then
    remove and reinsert the DS Game
    Card."

And I have done that. I have turned off the power and removed then reinserted my game a dozen or so times to try and fix the error. My brother even checked the 'pins' on the game card and they were not messed up, they were all correct.

I had around 400ish events that I was collecting. Including ones I obtained myself from beating and making completely UT from Pokemon Collesum(SP?) and Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness (total of 70 hours), 7 100% Legit WISH Pokemon, 30 100% Legit PNPC(a,b,c,d) events and more.

Can anyone please tell me how I can solve this problem!? I don't want my time and effort to have been wasted.

(P.S. Sorry if this is the wrong section please move this to the right section Mods/Admins. Thank you)

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    If the 50 EV wasn't make by vitamins, yeah, you are supposed to be able to give him 10 vitamins.

ok.my question is relevant to this:

My Flareon has the following EVs:

80Spe

i bought 10 carbos, coz i'd got the others from Staravias.

but it only accepted 1 carbos.

It has no other EVs, as eggs have 0 EVs, and fire stone wouldn't give it EVs, s y didn't it work??

valor555

The Only Light in the Deep Sea
    Years
    okay 2 things did you exp share your eevee at all? cause i think you recieve ev's for that

and i have a question if you evolve a shednja would it still hav the same ev's as the ninjask or would reset?

Years
    ok i got a question that needs to be answer i got a feebass thats bold and read up some stuff that said to get a milotic with the same nature but i checked out that ther are a few natures thats needed to evolve it and bold isn't one of them.

anyway i gave it a crap load of dry poffin with both ganlon and the micle berry but hasn't evolved.

someone please tell me what im doing wrong. pm me do whatever to contact me back cause this is driving me crazy

Back