• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick Question and Answer Thread / Breeding Questions

mervyn797

What? I'm right here. >D
Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2011
    that means your game is corrupted. did u probably turn off the game when it was "saving, do not turn off power" or did you remove the game card when you were playing?

Years
  • Thank you. That completely helps and doesn't defeat the purpose of this thread.

You mean your Sinnoh dex, right? Trainer unless noted otherwise:
    046 (Wormadam) - Route 214
    053 (Combee) - Route 208
    064 (Ambipom) - Route 216
    093 (Sudowoodo) - Route 216
    096 (Not sure but possibly Happiny)? - Yes; Route 210 (South)
    114 (???) - Unown; Solaceon Ruins (Wild Pokemon)
    133 (Octillery maybe??) - Yes; Route 220
    134 (???) - Finneon; Route 220
    135 (???) - Lumineon; Route 223
    138 (Feebas) - Route 222
    151 (???) - Manaphy; Check book at Mr. Backlot's house
    152 (???) - Rotom; TV in Old Chateau (Night only) (Wild Pokemon)
    168 (Probably Umbreon) - Yes; Route 212
    170 (Probably Glaceon) - Yes: Route 217
    174 (Togetic) - Route 221
    190 (Dusclops) - Route 216
    193 (Porygon2) - Route 216
    195 (Scyther) - Route 210 North
    197 (Elekid) - Route 210 South
    203 (Swinub) - Route 217

Thanks alot.

I thought you needed the national dex for Rotom but oh well.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    some of my pokemon have effort ribbons does that mean they are fully EV trained?

When you are awarded the Effort Ribbon, it lets you as the trainer know that all the EV's are fully in use. This is obtained by all the Pokémon you might have battled against. If you desire to have the Ev's removed so you can EV train your Pokémon in the certain stats you choose, then you can use the EV reducing berries to help you.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    If your DS cartridge gets pulled out while you're playing, does it damage it?? Coz if it does, i'll go execute my brother.

Also, i cloned a bidoof on Diamond, yet i couldn't clone it on Platinum, so it's a D/P glitch.

And hell, i reckon me and blacktux007 probably cloned an event Suicune. Wi-fi kinda froze after he'd traded it to me, so he's probably got one, aswell as me having one, coz i just had to switch it off.

So you're cloning glitch doesn't work in Platinum, but i mighta just found one

groudonlover

Mateus readies Hellfire...
    Years
  • Save your brother, it does very rarely hurt the game.
    The only thing that happens is that the DS
    1) 90% of the time if the LID is closed turns itself off
    2) 10% of the time if the LID is closed or always if the LID is open the game Freezes, nothing worse than that

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Oh,nowt major then for someone who only saves when they have to (e.g. accessing wi-fi, or going to switch off).

Ok, so, i wanted to restart platinum, so i traded my giratina holding griseous orb to diamond. on diamond, of course, it said it didn't have an item.

I then realised on diamond i couldn't afford the pokeballs to capture 196 bidoofs to trade to platinum in exchange for my good pokes.

So i've now traded Giratina back. However, it still has no held item. Does this mean i've lost my Griseous Orb forever?? Coz i hate Giratina, but at least the Origin Forme was useful in-game

Justin T

Hydro Action
    Years
  • Hey I haven't tried it yet, but is Soft Reseting a safe thing to do? Like it won't erase anything will it?

Years
  • I believe soft reset is safe,as long as you save your game nothing will happen to it. Soft resetting is just a 'shortcut' instead of pulling the power thing.

Years
  • Soft-Reset is to restart the DS back to the menu without pulling the power thing.
    To do the soft reset,I think it is L + R + Start + Select. For Pokemon D/P/PT if you soft reset it'll bring you back to the beginning when you open the Pokemon game. (ESRB Notice,Pokemon,Nintendo,Game Freak,etc.)

Last edited:
    Years
  • The Secret Key was received by mystery gift either by going to the event locations themselves like all other events or by receiving it from Nintendo wi-fi connection. The event for both is now over and there is no way to receive a secret key at the moment.

Black Omega Zero

Ware Wa Meshia Nari GHAHAHAHA!
    Years
  • Giratina @ Griseous Orb
    Naughty Nature
    -Substitute
    -Shadow Force
    -Outrage
    -Aura Sphere/Earth Power

Which move of the last slot should be used better? (My own set...) I think Aura Sphere, because it goes X4 vs Tyranitar (X3 with Sand Stream), instead of X.75 with the Earth Power, but more coverage for Heatran... (it doesn't benefit from Sand Stream, however) Any opinions?

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • According to this article, a Naughty Giratina Origin Forme wants these attacks:

~ Dragon Claw / Outrage
    ~ Shadow Ball / Draco Meteor
    ~ Earthquake
    ~ Thunder / Hidden Power Fire

I would dump Substitute, as you are not using the bulky Giratina form.

And actually, I would find a way to squeeze in Aura Sphere, as nothing stops Tyranitar in that set.

Either way, feel free to head to the Strategy Forum and Team Help thread, as the DPPt forum doesn't specialize in movesets.

Dark Destiny

Your Destiny is in your hands
    Years
  • Okay quick question, is it possible to trade say Gen 1 pokemons onto D/P/Pt if you haven't got a national dex? I haven't attempted it and I was just wondering if it was possible =/

Back