• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick Question and Answer Thread / Breeding Questions

Years
    • Seen Oct 7, 2019
    Hi, I just caught Azelf and Uxie, and have been looking for Mespirit. it ran away from it's cave and Prof Rowan came up saying "It looked like it wanted to play with you" But when I check its dex, it says "Area Unknown" I was wondering if there was any "easy" way to check if its in an area or not.

Years
  • Hi, I just caught Azelf and Uxie, and have been looking for Mespirit. it ran away from it's cave and Prof Rowan came up saying "It looked like it wanted to play with you" But when I check its dex, it says "Area Unknown" I was wondering if there was any "easy" way to check if its in an area or not.

Map Poketch app. Number 13.
    Hey
    Where do you get Regirock and Registeel on platinum

Regirock: Rock Peak Ruins (Route 228)
    Registeel: Iron Ruins (Iron Island)

Years
    • Seen May 4, 2023
    Hi, I just caught Azelf and Uxie, and have been looking for Mespirit. it ran away from it's cave and Prof Rowan came up saying "It looked like it wanted to play with you" But when I check its dex, it says "Area Unknown" I was wondering if there was any "easy" way to check if its in an area or not.

you need the map thing on your Poketch to find where Mespirit is, to get it you go to Jublife city and go to the Poketch Company and go in the door on your right then go up talk to the guy and he will give you the map thing then it will show where Mespirit is.

Do I keep on turning off my game until I get it to be shiny

Last edited:

Fire Wolf

it's as humid as a sauna, boy!
    Years
  • Yes, you'll have to turn off the game till you get them shiny, it depends on your luck how many times you have to turn off.

Zheeph

2794 3335 3469 - SoulSilver FC
    Years
  • No, not really. Stats don't change in the battle tower regardless your Pokemon's level. Also, wi-fi has that whole autolevel to lv. 100 thing.

Still, it's cool bragging rights and it'll help if you actually find someone to battle with in real life. :V

Ok thanks, i guess i'll just start EV training until they reach the maximum EV levels.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Well most of the Pokemon from the GTS are hacked

actually, the only hacks i've had were from a pc member.

I had Burmy from "faraway place" on diamond, but i traded it to platinum, and i looked after beating E4 and it said Distortion World.

Also, does Munchlax learn Metronome from level up?Coz at the moment, my double-battling team in the Hotel Grand Restaurant is Eevee and Munchlax.and if i had metronome, it'd be like May's pokemon. specially as i'm gonna evolve Vee into Glaceon

Years
    • Seen Aug 20, 2014
    Okay, so I am new to this P/D world. What in the world is a shiny Pokémon, why are they rare and how do you get them? (I'm getting the game for X-mas - but shhhh, my BF doesn't know that I know ;-))

Years
  • Okay, so I am new to this P/D world. What in the world is a shiny Pokémon, why are they rare and how do you get them? (I'm getting the game for X-mas - but shhhh, my BF doesn't know that I know ;-))
    Shiny Pokemon are Pokemon that have a different color pigment than that the species ordinarily have. For example, a Magikarp ordinary looks like this, but the shiny version looks like this. They're very rare (I think the chance of an encounter is 1/8120 or something close to that?) because it'd be more rewarding if you find one of those. They can be found in the wild like ordinary Pokemon, or hatched as an egg.

Years
    • Seen May 4, 2023
    actually, the only hacks i've had were from a pc member.

I had Burmy from "faraway place" on diamond, but i traded it to platinum, and i looked after beating E4 and it said Distortion World.

Also, does Munchlax learn Metronome from level up?Coz at the moment, my double-battling team in the Hotel Grand Restaurant is Eevee and Munchlax.and if i had metronome, it'd be like May's pokemon. specially as i'm gonna evolve Vee into Glaceon

ok well not all hacks are from the GTS then

Trap-Eds

Dig a hole, dig a hole........
    Years
  • Not sure if this was asked already, but since this thread has almost 200 pages...If you EV train a Pokemon, and then evolve it, will it lose all its EVs upon evolution? Or will it keep them?

Silhouette

On my way to Viridian City ♪
    Years
  • Not sure if this was asked already, but since this thread has almost 200 pages...If you EV train a Pokemon, and then evolve it, will it lose all its EVs upon evolution? Or will it keep them?

It will keep them. I believe the only way to lose EV's is by feeding the Pokemon EV reducing berries.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Yeah.

Ok, its about my Munchlax again.

So, he is japanese, has a japannese OT, and had a japanese name.

But, when i evolved him, he's now just called SNORLAX.

is that normal?coz it'd really annoying, as i have a team of nicknamed pokes, but i can't rename him, yet his name's in English!!

Years
  • When foreign Pokemon that aren't nicknamed evolve, they get their name changed to whatever is right for your region, so going from ゴンベ to SNORLAX is normal. If it was nicknamed, let's say something like ゆゆこ, it should still stay ゆゆこ since it was nicknamed.

BlaqJester

Guru
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2013
    if your gonna ev train it then breed it and get all its moves taught then evole as soon as it done it stats wiil grow higher being thats its at its last evolution stage

Back