• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request a Moveset / Simple Q&A / Breeding Questions

S+M staff are great

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Maybe

• Total voters

MichaelaTheUchiha

Forever Shawol and Aileean
Years
  • I've been EV training on my Pearl, and I've gotten three pokemon that I really like and they've already been EV trained, but I'm not really sure what my other three pokemon should be. Here are the pokemon that I've EV trained:

Dragonite
    Level 82
    Lonely Nature (Likes to Thrash About)
    HP: 280
    Attack: 331
    Defense: 155
    Special Attack: 187
    Special Defense: 176
    Speed: 164
    Moves:
    Dragon Dance, Outrage, Fire Punch, Earthquake

Torterra
    Level 62
    Naughty Nature (Proud of its power)
    HP: 205
    Attack: 216
    Defense: 144
    Special Attack: 98
    Special Defense: 99
    Speed: 89

Moves:
    Razor Leaf, Wood Hammer, Crunch, Earthquake

Gyarados
    Level 53
    Adamant Nature (Likes to run)
    HP: 170
    Attack: 195
    Defense: 101
    Special Attack: 63
    Special Defense: 113
    Speed: 103

Moves:
    Dragon Dance, Waterfall, Ice Fang, Giga Impact

Also, is the moves and all good? DX I feel like a totally n00b

RodeoJones

True Blue.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2012
    Trying to figure out the best Forretress set for my team. I don't have another Pokemon to set up stealth rock and I already have a Starmie for rapid spin so...how bout this?

Forretress @leftovers
    Relaxed Nature
    EVs 252 HP/ 151 ATK / 144 DEF
    Stealth Rock
    Spikes
    Toxic Spikes
    Earthquake/Explosion

Garrabutártulo

A wild Garrabutártulo appears!
    Years
  • I would choose explosion. Don't think earthquake will do much on a forry.

I do want to have a sableye. I know spiritomb is better, but spiritomb sucks, I hate it... and sableye is sooooooo cool...

I was thinking on this set. What do you think? It would be an annoyer, not a real killer.

Knock off
    Will'o'whisp
    recover
    toxic/night slash/I don't remember the name in english but it is a dark move, something like dark claw, maybe/seismic toss

zommy08

Crimson Trainer
    Years
  • I've been EV training on my Pearl, and I've gotten three pokemon that I really like and they've already been EV trained, but I'm not really sure what my other three pokemon should be. Here are the pokemon that I've EV trained:

Dragonite
    Level 82
    Lonely Nature (Likes to Thrash About)
    HP: 280
    Attack: 331
    Defense: 155
    Special Attack: 187
    Special Defense: 176
    Speed: 164
    Moves:
    Dragon Dance, Outrage, Fire Punch, Earthquake

Torterra
    Level 62
    Naughty Nature (Proud of its power)
    HP: 205
    Attack: 216
    Defense: 144
    Special Attack: 98
    Special Defense: 99
    Speed: 89

Moves:
    Stone Edge/Superpower/Stealth Rock, Wood Hammer, Crunch, Earthquake

Gyarados
    Level 53
    Adamant Nature (Likes to run)
    HP: 170
    Attack: 195
    Defense: 101
    Special Attack: 63
    Special Defense: 113
    Speed: 103

Moves:
    Dragon Dance, Waterfall, Ice Fang, Earthquake

Also, is the moves and all good? DX I feel like a totally n00b
    ack too lazy to say anymore XD

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
  • Trying to figure out the best Forretress set for my team. I don't have another Pokemon to set up stealth rock and I already have a Starmie for rapid spin so...how bout this?

Forretress @leftovers
    Relaxed Nature
    Stealth Rock
    Spikes
    Toxic Spikes
    Earthquake/Explosion
    It really depends on your Starmie's set though. I wouldn't run Rapid Spin on Starmie with Forretress here. I'd personally go the Special Defensive set.

Forretress @ Leftovers/Shed Shell
    Trait: Sturdy
    Nature: Careful
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Def
    - Stealth Rock
    - Spikes/Toxic Spikes
    - Rapid Spin
    - Payback

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    I wanna ask the experts, though. =/
    lol

Noir generally is only useful for Trick Room and Gravity teams really...Rotom-A outclasses it with better typing, movepool, etc.

Trying to figure out the best Forretress set for my team. I don't have another Pokemon to set up stealth rock and I already have a Starmie for rapid spin so...how bout this?

Forretress @leftovers
    Relaxed Nature
    Stealth Rock
    Spikes
    Toxic Spikes
    Earthquake/Explosion
    Well...we need to see your team so we can tell if physically or specially defensive fits best.

Also Alternative, Impish > Careful imo so you don't get 2HKOed by +1 Outrage from Mence.

MichaelaTheUchiha

Forever Shawol and Aileean
    Years
  • xD Yeah, I would have put a rock move on Torterra, but I don't have any. Dx

With Gyarados though, after I still an Earthquake that I don't need in one of my other games, I might as well, though I did spend all that money at the game corner just for Giga Impact....

Dx No suggestions on other pokemon for my team?

myrrh25

New account soon.
    Years
  • Okay I just got myself this new-fangled shark torpedo thing.
    Sharpedo i think?

Tell me how this looks, I've tried cover some of it's weaknesses with the moveset..

Sharpedo @Life Orb
    Rough Skin
    Adamant
    252 Atk, 252 Spd, 4 HP
    Zen Headbutt
    Ice Fang
    Waterfall
    Crunch

Anything I should be changing on the moveset?

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
    Years
  • Use:

Sharpedo @ Life Orb
    252 Atk / 252 Spe
    Jolly Nature
    -Earthquake
    -Crunch
    -Ice Fang
    -Waterfall / Aqua Jet

Zen Headbutt is bad unSTAB and most fighters either outspeed it or have mach punch so it doesn't really help.

TheNewRocketMovement

Nothing suits me like a suit.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2010
    Quick combo double team idea for a 2vs2 battle

Clefable @ Big Root
    - Belly Drum
    - Drain Punch
    - Meteor Mash
    - Cosmic Power

Espeon @ Twisted Spoon
    - Zen Headbutt
    - Psychic
    - Psych Up
    - Morning Sun

1st Turn: Espeon uses Psychic, Clefable used Belly Drum.
    2nd Turn: Espeon uses Psych Up, Clefable uses Drain Punch.
    Following Turns: Espeon attacks with Zen Headbutt, Clefable attacks with Meteor Smash, using Morning Sun and Drain Punch when HP needs recovering.

I haven't decided on Natures or EV's just yet, any suggestions?
    And thanks a lot to shookie and FreakyLocz14 for answering my previous questions.

Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2011
    Newbie Question

Is competitive battling done over Wi-fi, or simulators? If it's done over simulators, does that mean that you don't even train the pokemon or anything because you just enter the data into the simulator?

This whole competitive battling scene is very confusing to me, however, I am interested as I love competition. :D

shookie

Often scatters things.
    Years
  • Is competitive battling done over Wi-fi, or simulators? If it's done over simulators, does that mean that you don't even train the pokemon or anything because you just enter the data into the simulator?

This whole competitive battling scene is very confusing to me, however, I am interested as I love competition. :D
    Eh you can do either. Most people use Shoddy though, and no, you don't have to actually train anything. You just put in what Pokémon you want, their EV spread, IVs, moves, etc. though you have to know what team you want to use first. I think a lot of people prefer to find good Shoddy teams then bring them to Wi-Fi, not the other way around.

Air Pichu

We're Safe and Sound~
    Years
  • Quick Question about a Marowak:
    Marowak @ Thick Club
    252 atk, 252 ?, 4 ?
    IVs:
    Nature: ???
    -E-Quake
    -???
    -Swords Dance
    -Sing

I haven't decided on EVs, nature, and a move to fill in the last slot, can you please help me?

Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2011
    Do you guys ever feel like making your own sets for pokemons rather than using sets from websites like Smogon?

I just found out that Torterra could learn Light screen and reflect so i was thinking about trying out a dual screen set.

Torterra
    Careful nature
    EVs: HP 252, SPdef 126, Def 130.
    Moves:
    Light Screen, Reflect, Stealth Rock, Earthquake.

I tried to make it so he could take both special attacks and physical attacks fairly well. After a light screen and a Reflect he is impenetrable (i hope lol :P). Anyway, what do you guys think?

Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2010
    move set for laparas and arcinine

im not sure what my move set should be so i need answers please

NickofTime

Dancin' like a dragon
    Years
  • Do you guys ever feel like making your own sets for pokemons rather than using sets from websites like Smogon?

Torterra
    Careful nature
    EVs: HP 252, SPdef 126, Def 130.
    Moves:
    Light Screen, Reflect, Stealth Rock, Earthquake.
    if its a lead that would be really cool
    however you could integrate a kind of sub seed into it instead of stealth rock and eq have toxic/leech seed and protect or you could even run toxic and leech seed
    (that way you can't be burned and lose the combo then be laughed at, though you need to watch for toxic)

Yeah i think that the swagger psych up combo is very underrated, or that psych up/snatch is underrated in general. ever snatched a blisseys softboiled or a substitute or a belly drum. MAN is that satisfying.

Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2011
    if its a lead that would be really cool
    however you could integrate a kind of sub seed into it instead of stealth rock and eq have toxic/leech seed and protect or you could even run toxic and leech seed
    (that way you can't be burned and lose the combo then be laughed at, though you need to watch for toxic)

Yeah i think that the swagger psych up combo is very underrated, or that psych up/snatch is underrated in general. ever snatched a blisseys softboiled or a substitute or a belly drum. MAN is that satisfying.

Thanks for the tip. Altough i don't have another member in my planned team that can set up Stealth Rock (well, i have one but he is suppose to be my sweeper) so that's why i had it into consideration.

Panfisha

BIGGLYPUFF?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2021
    I'm entering a little tourny, mixed tier, and wanted to know what you pros thought of a few of my guys.

Banette (muscle band or focus sash)
    jolly nature
    Insomnia
    252 atk
    252 spe
    4hp
    -Shadow sneak
    -knock off
    -disable
    -confuse ray
    This one I like because no one would suspect confuse ray or disable. So if they do manage to get that one move that can hurt it, I can disable that move. Muscle band to increase the power of both attacks, or focus sash so if they have a move that can one-hit me, I can live that attack, and then I can disable it, then shadow sneak for some last second damage before it dies(assuming it doesn't finish them.)

Feraligatr(focus sash or muscle band)
    adamant nature
    252 atk
    228 speed
    8hp
    -Aqua jet
    -swords dance
    -substitute
    -ice punch
    I made this centered around aqua jet. Swords dance because along with a stab priority move, it can be devastating. Substitute just so he can last longer, and ice punch just in-case I run into a grass type meant to resist aqua jet. Focus sash I wanted so it could live a fatal attack, and then activate torrent ability, OR muscle band so the attack's are stronger right off the bat.

Back