• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request an Individual Move Set Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
    • Seen yesterday
    That further brings questions.

Ice Beam could not super effective Froslass (who is part ice herself) nor gengar. If you were counting crunch, then even gallade could, however, Gallade is 99.9% always faster then him, and Close Combat will OHKO tyranitar (believe it or not), same with Froslass' Hidden Power Fighting :/

Actually tyraniboah runs DD if i remember correctly, it would set up on the switch and OHKO you,

No Boah doesnt run DD

Boah is

Tyranitar@Leftovers
    252 HP / 188 SP.ATT / 68 Speed
    Quiet nature
    - Substitute
    - Focus Punch
    - Thunderbolt / Ice Beam
    - Dark Pulse / Crunch

Still DD Tar wastes you

Tyranitar@Life Orb / Leftovers
    252 SPEED / 252 ATT / 6 HP
    Jolly Nature
    - Taunt / Stone Edge / ice Beam
    - Crunch
    - Earthquake
    - Dragon Dance

OHKO's everything on your team, it also outruns everything after a single Dragon Dance.

Even Swampert gets 2hko'd with a Life Orb'd Crunch 0_O.

Gliscor or Hippowdon are probably your best bet, but if it decides to run ice Beam and Life Orb, watch out, OHKOing and 2hkoing each respectively, even with a Jolly Nature.

Just drop either gengar or Froslass, they provide no coverage with each other, drop one and give yourself a special wall, if you dont run walls, you will loose. miserably.

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    Aha right poke, wrong name lol
    Need help with my mixed deoxys:
    Deoxys@Life Orb
    Naiive
    252Spd/150Att/104SpAtt (Or somethin along those lines)
    Super Power
    Extrmespeed/Pursuit
    Shadow Ball
    Ice beam
    Superpower stays because its stat is high enough that it OHKOs a blissey with maxed defence and HP, so it should be able to kill off uber-bliss even easier. Rest is changable :)

FourFourTwo

*used calm mind*
    Years
    • Age 35
    • NYC
    • Seen Dec 23, 2010
    Alright, I have a weird question.

I'm currently training an all bug team to enter a "type" tournament, and I'm debating on whether to evolve my yanma into a yanmega...

Both have a spd base of 95, and pretty high special attack.
    The thing thats really bothering me is that I want to keep compound eyes on my yanma, instead of tinted lens on the yanmega. The reason is because I'm running hypnosis and toxic on my yanma, so I want the most accuracy.

The nature is modest, so its +sp.att, -att

Any suggestions?

I'm running 252 speed, 252 sp.att, 6 sp.def for EVs.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Alright, I have a weird question.

I'm currently training an all bug team to enter a "type" tournament, and I'm debating on whether to evolve my yanma into a yanmega...

Both have a spd base of 95, and pretty high special attack.
    The thing thats really bothering me is that I want to keep compound eyes on my yanma, instead of tinted lens on the yanmega. The reason is because I'm running hypnosis and toxic on my yanma, so I want the most accuracy.

The nature is modest, so its +sp.att, -att

Any suggestions?

I'm running 252 speed, 252 sp.att, 6 sp.def for EVs.

Yeah, evolve it, Yanmega outclasses it in every way, Tinted lense is a much better ability, nothing can really come in and wall it apart from neutrals, Tinted lense still wastes resistances, as it hits for normal damage, so Skarmory switching on Air Slash will get wasted.

Yanmega@Choice Specs
    252 SP.ATT / 252 SPEED / 6 HP
    Modest Nature
    Trait : Tinted lense
    ~ Bug Buzz
    ~ Air Slash
    ~ Hidden Power Ice / Hidden Power Ground / Hidden power Fighting / Hidden Power Electric
    ~ U-turn / Ancientpower / Shadow Ball / Psychic

If you can get the right hidden power, just stick one of the other moves from the last slot in that third slot.

FourFourTwo

*used calm mind*
    Years
    • Age 35
    • NYC
    • Seen Dec 23, 2010
    Hm. Alright. Should I go with Psychic or Shadow Ball? I feel like Psychic covers more for an all bug team..

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Hm. Alright. Should I go with Psychic or Shadow Ball? I feel like Psychic covers more for an all bug team..

its really up to you, Psychic hits stuff like gengar and tentacruel hard, whilst Shadow Ball grants better overall coverage.

FourFourTwo

*used calm mind*
    Years
    • Age 35
    • NYC
    • Seen Dec 23, 2010
    Well, i got its IVs. They're awesome... Except in speed. :(

its Modest Yanmega: 4 / 31 / 31 / 31 / 31 / 3

4 31 IVs. In attack, defense, special attack, and special defense! But the speed is 3. :(

Hidden Power is Dragon 69.

I think this is awesome, except for speed. Maybe I could Baton Pass it some agility?

Do any of you suggest re-breeding?

sims796

We're A-Comin', Princess!
    Years
  • Oh my God. That is SUCH a kick in the crotch, by God himself. I'd suggest rebreeding, but for the love of God, KEEP THAT ONE! Nickname it, so you'll rememer what it is.

Baton Passing YANMEGA speed sounds stupid, and quite ironic. However, keep it, & rebreed. Never know when 4 perfect IV's will come in handy.

FourFourTwo

*used calm mind*
    Years
    • Age 35
    • NYC
    • Seen Dec 23, 2010
    I know, I'm really angry. I wish the attack was switched with the speed. :(

Last edited by a moderator:

Blargtastic808

likes stuff
    Years
  • Wow godly IVs except for speed. Yanmega has become one of my favorite bug types. Really fast, decent attacking power and just an overall good addition to a bug team.

If you don't mind me asking, what else is on your bug team?

FourFourTwo

*used calm mind*
    Years
    • Age 35
    • NYC
    • Seen Dec 23, 2010
    Scizor leading,
    Heracross
    Forretress
    Yanmega
    drapion
    shuckle

Mostly a defensive team, with forretress, drapion and shuckle.
    im thinking of putting in masquerain over drapion to get some water moves on here.

Myzou

Lost and Confused xD
    Years
  • lol, Gofre, I'm now up to 21/22 wins with that team on Shoddy, only lost cause I accidently used Hidden Power Fire on Dragonite, thinking it was ice XD

Anti

return of the king
    Years
  • I hate walls, It's a pet peeve of mine, however, I have learned I need some kind of a wall, so I added Milotic, she was able to wall 3 pokemon before falling (she killed them in the mean time XD) I'm now 5/5 with this team on shoddy... Now to REbreed all my pokemon, as my current ones have whacked EVs -.-

You will not win without walls. You simply won't. If you'd like to disagree then tell me how you are going to switch into Metagross, Tyranitar, Salamence, Gyarados, Geengar, Lucario, Azelf, Garchomp, Heracross, and all the other terrifying sweepers today.

But Gofre, you do realize Boah doesn't run DD right? >.>

Also if you have 20 wins with that team you haven't been playing very many competent opponents. Seriously it's a bad team.

Also if you think Tyranitar is uber I have a few stats for you:

Weaknesses:

-Water (very common)
    -Grass (lol)
    -Ground (VERY common)
    -Fighting (gg Tar, also very common)
    -Bug (somewhat common)

Also if Tyranitar is OHKOed by Focus Punch from CB Blissey it isn't uber lololololol. sorry, it's just really funny in my mind that Blissey can OHKO TTar.

Here's another bright idea: don't attack Tar with special attacks. Simple enough. Honestly it's a VERY good pokemon but uber? No.

Also your team is Boah weak and DDtar weak no matter how you spin it. Dark Pulse will detonate your ghosts and psychics while Ice Beam will end Yanmega and Roserade. DDatr can also set up on you and defeat you, and Focus Sash is disabled by this awesome sand stream.

Your biggest weakness is Weavile who can OHKO literally everything on your team :/ Milotic can't take many STAB Night Slashes either.

Needs walls. Milotic is a cool bulky water in all but so many sweepers can just destroy it (Metagross, Electivire, Heracross, Raikou, Medicham.....) so bring in some special walling ASAP. Blissey will work there (or other things but I won't get into all those options) and some physical walling, like Donphan.

You'll need a spinenr like Donphan, especially considering that team is torn apart by spikes/SR, both of which or quite common.

Really without walls you WILL NOT beat any competent player with a competent team.

EDIT: I hope that didn't come across as malicious or mean. I was only trying to point out the obvious errors hehe

Last edited:

Myzou

Lost and Confused xD
    Years
  • You will not win without walls. You simply won't. If you'd like to disagree then tell me how you are going to switch into Metagross, Tyranitar, Salamence, Gyarados, Geengar, Lucario, Azelf, Garchomp, Heracross, and all the other terrifying sweepers today.

But Gofre, you do realize Boah doesn't run DD right? >.>

Also if you have 20 wins with that team you haven't been playing very many competent opponents. Seriously it's a bad team.

Also if you think Tyranitar is uber I have a few stats for you:

Weaknesses:

-Water (very common)
    -Grass (lol)
    -Ground (VERY common)
    -Fighting (gg Tar, also very common)
    -Bug (somewhat common)

Also if Tyranitar is OHKOed by Focus Punch from CB Blissey it isn't uber lololololol. sorry, it's just really funny in my mind that Blissey can OHKO TTar.

Here's another bright idea: don't attack Tar with special attacks. Simple enough. Honestly it's a VERY good pokemon but uber? No.

Also your team is Boah weak and DDtar weak no matter how you spin it. Dark Pulse will detonate your ghosts and psychics while Ice Beam will end Yanmega and Roserade. DDatr can also set up on you and defeat you, and Focus Sash is disabled by this awesome sand stream.

Your biggest weakness is Weavile who can OHKO literally everything on your team :/ Milotic can't take many STAB Night Slashes either.

Needs walls. Milotic is a cool bulky water in all but so many sweepers can just destroy it (Metagross, Electivire, Heracross, Raikou, Medicham.....) so bring in some special walling ASAP. Blissey will work there (or other things but I won't get into all those options) and some physical walling, like Donphan.

You'll need a spinenr like Donphan, especially considering that team is torn apart by spikes/SR, both of which or quite common.

Really without walls you WILL NOT beat any competent player with a competent team.

EDIT: I hope that didn't come across as malicious or mean. I was only trying to point out the obvious errors hehe

And yet, I've KOed 13 Tyranitars with this team today, along with 4 Weaviles >.> (Weavile can't outspeed focus blast from Gengar or HP Fighting from Froslass)

And if you listened, I now have Milotic, she is a very competent wall, and even survives an explosion.

Both Roserade AND Gengar can absorb Toxic Spikes. Only Yanmega takes a lot of damage from SR, and no pokemon is alive long enough to put up more then 1 layer of spikes.

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
  • How exactly did your Gengar outspeed Weavile? Is it scarfed?

I see it's not Scarfed. It's odd how you outspeed it yet Weavile has a higher base speed.

Myzou

Lost and Confused xD
    Years
  • How exactly did your Gengar outspeed Weavile? Is it scarfed?

I see it's not Scarfed. It's odd how you outspeed it yet Weavile has a higher base speed.

How should I know, maybe he's adamant with very few Speed EVs? lol

FourFourTwo

*used calm mind*
    Years
    • Age 35
    • NYC
    • Seen Dec 23, 2010
    I doubt that if you're competative battling. I'd like to have a battle with you when I'm done with my team. =)

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
  • If that's the case, the people you are battling are incompetent. Drop the attitude now though. You're wearing on my last nerve with your disrespectful tone during this discussion.

Years
    • Seen Jul 9, 2008
    Which for Skarmory?

Skarmory@Shed Shell/Lefties
    Impish
    252HP/252Def/4atk
    Drill Peck
    Roost
    Whirlwind
    Spikes

Skarmory@Shed Shell/Lefties
    Impish