• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Route 1?

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
  • I hope they get rid of all the old pokemon aswell.

Tiem to go back to just the 100 please? :)

Not going to happen. First off there was 151 original pokemon.

second it is confirmed that Black and White is compatable with older games. Therefore all pokemon will be back.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Most of you keep saying that Isshu is based around / off of America. We don't know this. Many people think that it's Shanghai too, so just remember that.

Anyways, yes, the reason we are starting at Route 1 again is because Isshu is so far away. I'm pretty sure that the National Dex will remain the same, but this time with the added Pokemon.
    That is true we don't know yet for sure...
    Well we will have a International pokedex instead of a National since it takes place in a different country or maybe the Continental pokedex if Isshu does take place in China ;)

Myles

Seriously?
    Years
  • Most of you keep saying that Isshu is based around / off of America. We don't know this. Many people think that it's Shanghai too, so just remember that.

It will never be officially confirmed because they never confirm any of the regions in that manner. There's no doubt except from people that desperately want it not to be New York, for some strange reason... As far as I'm concerned Isshu is as much confirmed as being based off New York as Sinnoh is of Hokkaido.

Mortalis

[css-div="background-color:#4e9dda;text-align:cent
    Years
  • It will never be officially confirmed because they never confirm any of the regions in that manner. There's no doubt except from people that desperately want it not to be New York, for some strange reason... As far as I'm concerned Isshu is as much confirmed as being based off New York as Sinnoh is of Hokkaido.

That's what I meant; I know it will never be officially confirmed, as they did not do so with most of the other regions [beside Kanto and Johto, I recall them telling us sometime ...]

Well, you never know. It could be based off of somewhere in India. It's all up to Game Freak.

Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2010
    All of the known regions of the main series were part of the map of Japan. Maybe Isshu is somewhere else like in North America! Who knows!

I love to listen to Pokémon music on my computer. When I'll be searching for route 1, I'm sure I'll always click on the wrong one XD

when i first played sapphire, i saw the 1st route was 101 so i ended up rhinking we would go to johto before...so starting at route 1 causes less confusion

and with johto and kanto being connected, it makes since that they share the same route system

speaking of route 101, why did it jump from 46 to 101?[I guess there might be some regions between Johto and Hoenn someday and then we'll see routes 49 (47 and 48 are in HG and SS) to route 100.]

Last edited:

Caelus

Gone
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2013
    I'm glad they're calling the first route Route 1, since that's what I would expect from a region located far from the other four.

That, and 301 sounds pretty excessive to me. :/

hack1

Dragon Green
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2015
    I don't care. Was it Route 1 or Route 598½ all I care is Pokeymanz on that route.

IceFireLighnting

I, for one, love the idea that Isshu is in America, because then we get to host a pokemon game for once! SO COOL!!:cheeky:

Pokekid1995

The beatles
    Years
  • This is exactly what I believe, the past games were all set in the Japan area. This new game is supposedly based off a far away land (ahem New York) so that would only suggest they have there own set routes etc.

actually its shanghai china hiun city is in china compare a map of them both and see

Le Creep!

~don't act blonde.
    Years
  • YAYAYAYAYYAAY!!

I was expecting the Sinnoh region to start off with ''Route 1'', instead I got a whopping ''201''.

It's great that there's going to be a new route system *song and dance*

Zeta Sukuna

Descendant of the Inchlings
    Years
  • I love how there is a new route system. I was disappointed in both Hoenn and Sinnoh when they just tacked on an extra hundred. It makes it seem as if it is a new journey, and that's good, at least to me, anyway.

Years
    • Seen Jul 9, 2011
    Said bridge could always be the Brooklyn Bridge, or one of the other thousand bridges in New York.

Besides, there wouldn't be a route reset if it were based on Shanghai. China and Japan are pretty close to each other, especially when compared to New York.

Also, a good few of the species in the region are New York natives; pigeons, eagles, chipmunks, blue jays...

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
  • Said bridge could always be the Brooklyn Bridge, or one of the other thousand bridges in New York.

Besides, there wouldn't be a route reset if it were based on Shanghai. China and Japan are pretty close to each other, especially when compared to New York.

Also, a good few of the species in the region are New York natives; pigeons, eagles, chipmunks, blue jays...

Oh right. Kill joy. Yes it's New York, the Eagle seals that deal T_T

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    Yes, Hokkaido/Sinnoh was further away from the other regions then Shanghai is.

Yes but they are all part of the same country, whilst Shanghai and "Hoenn" are separated by 900km of ocean.

I live in England and technically France is closer than some places in my own country, however I would still class it as 'far away' in comparison.

This topic isn't about the LOCATION it's about the ROUTES.

------

Personally I like that the routes start again, but I'd have prefered it if they had individual names rather than just numbers to give them a bit of character and make them more memorable.

Back