• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Route 1?

Bloothump

the Sea Fungi Pokemon.
Years
  • actually its shanghai china hiun city is in china compare a map of them both and see

THE COUNTRY THE REGION IS BASED OFF COULD JUST AS LIKELY BE EITHER SHANGHAI OR MANHATTAN, EITHER PLACE HAS EQUAL SIMILARITIES. NEITHER IS, OR PROBABLY WILL NEVER CONFIRMED. YOUR VIDEO PROVES NOTHING. YOU CANNOT STATE YOUR SPECULATION AS FACT WITHOUT CONFIRMATION BY NINTENDO AND/OR GAMEFREAK. FURTHERMORE, THIS ISN'T EVEN THE RIGHT TOPIC FOR THIS, CONSIDERING THIS IS TALKING ABOUT ROUTES AND YOU'RE DEBATING ISSHU'S ORIGINS. PLEASE, IF YOU'RE GOING TO BE SO IGNORANT, DO IT ELSEWHERE.

Hopefully that finally gets my point across.

Sora's Nobody

The Official Roxas
    Years
  • THE COUNTRY THE REGION IS BASED OFF COULD JUST AS LIKELY BE EITHER SHANGHAI OR MANHATTAN, EITHER PLACE HAS EQUAL SIMILARITIES. NEITHER IS, OR PROBABLY WILL NEVER CONFIRMED. YOUR VIDEO PROVES NOTHING. YOU CANNOT STATE YOUR SPECULATION AS FACT WITHOUT CONFIRMATION BY NINTENDO AND/OR GAMEFREAK. FURTHERMORE, THIS ISN'T EVEN THE RIGHT TOPIC FOR THIS, CONSIDERING THIS IS TALKING ABOUT ROUTES AND YOU'RE DEBATING ISSHU'S ORIGINS. PLEASE, IF YOU'RE GOING TO BE SO IGNORANT, DO IT ELSEWHERE.

WOW. Did you take your medication today?

Find me a picture (google earth) of a place that resembles isshu as much as shanghai does, which also has a lake the exact same place as in isshu, that has a mottor way that connect the lower middle part of the center land to the right piece of land and ends with a twirl. LIKE IN ISSHU!!!

Oh and if you do happen to stumble across such a bridge, please show me its pointy top. Oh and also point out to me where on your manhattan map you have mountains.

oh and i really find it incredible (other picture of shanghai i found on PC) That shanghai has an orange bridge where the Isshu orange bridge is. Hmmmm..

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • WOW. Did you take your medication today?

Find me a picture (google earth) of a place that resembles isshu as much as shanghai does, which also has a lake the exact same place as in isshu, that has a mottor way that connect the lower middle part of the center land to the right piece of land and ends with a twirl. LIKE IN ISSHU!!!

Oh and if you do happen to stumble across such a bridge, please show me its pointy top. Oh and also point out to me where on your manhattan map you have mountains.

oh and i really find it incredible (other picture of shanghai i found on PC) That shanghai has an orange bridge where the Isshu orange bridge is. Hmmmm..

THE COUNTRY THE REGION IS BASED OFF COULD JUST AS LIKELY BE EITHER SHANGHAI OR MANHATTAN, EITHER PLACE HAS EQUAL SIMILARITIES. NEITHER IS, OR PROBABLY WILL NEVER CONFIRMED. YOUR VIDEO PROVES NOTHING. YOU CANNOT STATE YOUR SPECULATION AS FACT WITHOUT CONFIRMATION BY NINTENDO AND/OR GAMEFREAK. FURTHERMORE, THIS ISN'T EVEN THE RIGHT TOPIC FOR THIS, CONSIDERING THIS IS TALKING ABOUT ROUTES AND YOU'RE DEBATING ISSHU'S ORIGINS. PLEASE, IF YOU'RE GOING TO BE SO IGNORANT, DO IT ELSEWHERE.

wow that was kind of Harsh Sora...but nice comparing :)
    Well no one has actually confirmed Kanto,Johto, Hoenn or Sinnoh being based in Japan it's only a Theory, a very convincing theory...more than the Theory of Evolution at that :P

Sora's Nobody

The Official Roxas
    Years

• wow that was kind of Harsh Sora...but nice comparing :)
    Well no one has actually confirmed Kanto,Johto, Hoenn or Sinnoh being based in Japan it's only a Theory, a very convincing theory...more than the Theory of Evolution at that :P
    yyeah but like isshu has been found to look extremely much as shanghai. Kanto, Johto, Hoenn and Sinnoh, look extremely much as their "Japanese counter parts" i mean yes. what COULD this be Route 1?

Years
  • yyeah but like isshu has been found to look extremely much as shanghai. Kanto, Johto, Hoenn and Sinnoh, look extremely much as their "Japanese counter parts" i mean yes. what COULD this be Route 1?
    Yeah they do...maybe we should talk about this in the Isshu thread before some people say we are going off topic...

Mortalis

[css-div="background-color:#4e9dda;text-align:cent
    Years
  • Said bridge could always be the Brooklyn Bridge, or one of the other thousand bridges in New York.

Besides, there wouldn't be a route reset if it were based on Shanghai. China and Japan are pretty close to each other, especially when compared to New York.

Also, a good few of the species in the region are New York natives; pigeons, eagles, chipmunks, blue jays...

Yes, there would still be a reset if it was based on Shanghai. Shanghai, compared to the previous regions, is very far away from the regions that were based of Hokkaido and such.

Blue Jays are not native to New York, nor are chipmunks or Pigeons. The Eagle has not been revealed as an American based Pokemon. Much speculation has gone on about it's origin. More people are saying that It's based off of a native Chinese eagle. You're thinking these creatures are 'native' to New York because they're there right now; they're not.

Don't make assumptions without proper information to back you up. I also quoted this to show we need to get a little bit more back on topic; we're talking about the Pokemon and origins now, we need to talk about route 1.

Personally, i'm happy to have reset the routes. It shows that it is indeed a far away country, and that we have a fresh new region to deal with.

Bloothump

the Sea Fungi Pokemon.
    Years
  • WOW. Did you take your medication today?

I don't take any medication, thank you. :-)
    And yes, I do agree that Shanghai has a lot going for it's point. But the whole point I was getting across was that

One: Nobody knows for sure what Isshu is. Nobody but the creators. We haven't played the game, we've only seen a map. How do you know that an NPC in Hiun City won't be like "Oh, I've finally made it. Hiun, the big Apple! It's so magnificent!" there could be dialog like that inside.

and Two: All of these posts are irrelevant, because the point of this thread is to converse over the reset route numbers. This post and those before it are irrelevant to the subject at hand. This debate belongs in the Isshu Region thread, sorry to mini-mod.

I wasn't using my post to debate your theory. And your theory personally I enjoy. You never said that "ISSHU IS SHANGHAI I KNOW IT IS PROVEN". You said "no other place resembles it more". I find that true. But when people say things are proven or they're absolutely right, I don't accept that.

Again, whether Isshu = Shanghai or Isshu = New York, it doesn't matter one bit to me. But nothing is proven and it makes me mad when people say it is. Now, let's stop talking about this. Because, this thread if for routes.

Mortalis

[css-div="background-color:#4e9dda;text-align:cent
    Years
  • I don't take any medication, thank you. :-)
    And yes, I do agree that Shanghai has a lot going for it's point. But the whole point I was getting across was that

One: Nobody knows for sure what Isshu is. Nobody but the creators. We haven't played the game, we've only seen a map. How do you know that an NPC in Hiun City won't be like "Oh, I've finally made it. Hiun, the big Apple! It's so magnificent!" there could be dialog like that inside.

and Two: All of these posts are irrelevant, because the point of this thread is to converse over the reset route numbers. This post and those before it are irrelevant to the subject at hand. This debate belongs in the Isshu Region thread, sorry to mini-mod.

I wasn't using my post to debate your theory. And your theory personally I enjoy. You never said that "ISSHU IS SHANGHAI I KNOW IT IS PROVEN". You said "no other place resembles it more". I find that true. But when people say things are proven or they're absolutely right, I don't accept that.

Again, whether Isshu = Shanghai or Isshu = New York, it doesn't matter one bit to me. But nothing is proven and it makes me mad when people say it is. Now, let's stop talking about this. Because, this thread if for routes.

Please, everyone read this quoted post; it explains what the posters here need to see, and why we need to get back to the main topic at hand; the route reset.

Anyways, I wanted to say that the starting town, which leads to Route 1, vaguely reminds me of Twin leaf / Pallet Town. If you look at it enough, it kind of brings back the memory of those two towns ... do you think that was meant to happen?

I hope we get snowy routes like route 201 in Sinnoh :)

Those are so much fun, it's kind of like a puzzle; you have to avoid or battle trainers, find your way, and try and find buried items. Awesome route, none the less.

Years
  • Please, everyone read this quoted post; it explains what the posters here need to see, and why we need to get back to the main topic at hand; the route reset.

Anyways, I wanted to say that the starting town, which leads to Route 1, vaguely reminds me of Twin leaf / Pallet Town. If you look at it enough, it kind of brings back the memory of those two towns ... do you think that was meant to happen?

Those are so much fun; it's kind of like a puzzle, you have to avoid or battle trainers, find your way, and try and find buried items. So much fun.
    It also reminds me of those but also Littleroot and Newbark town...

Zeta Sukuna

Descendant of the Inchlings
    Years
  • Never got nostalgic flashbacks, personally, just immense joy at the reset, though if it does happen to people, I doubt it was meant to do so. It is to show that this is far, far away from the other places, and had their route system placed at about the same time as Kanto or something like that. (In-game continuity)

However, with the snowy mountains, I'm hoping we have something kind of like Mt. Coronet, only you don't go through it as many times as you did in Sinnoh. Like a snowy, mountainous part, that would be as awesome as the desert, in my opinion anyway.

Pokekid1995

The beatles
    Years
  • i believe that route 1 will be like any other first route except hoenn it will have a bird and a rodent lv. 2-4 and thats it skrry to burst everyones bubbles of high hopes but its very predictible. one thing i know and that nobody can say im wrong about this. route 1 with the bird and rodent will be the start of a grand adventure in isshu.

Years
  • i believe that route 1 will be like any other first route except hoenn it will have a bird and a rodent lv. 2-4 and thats it skrry to burst everyones bubbles of high hopes but its very predictible. one thing i know and that nobody can say im wrong about this. route 1 with the bird and rodent will be the start of a grand adventure in isshu.
    Yeah this will most likely be the case unless they pull a Hoenn on us ;)

Back