• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Scarf's Pixels

Years
  • I really like your fakemon but some of them seem to have been mis-shaded. For an example the shading on Siliphones head doesn't look right. The shading seems to straight and triangular. Also the dithering on Mintorns head doesn't seem to fit but its not too noticeable. Your region maps are very nicely done so no complaints there. Overall I really like your sprites.
    Is this any better?
    picture.php

I made a few other changes I thought would look nice. I like the shape of the amp part better even though I've lost some contrast compared to the previous version.

I've also got another sprite to show, one which isn't finished so comments/criticisms/etc. would be very much appreciated at this point.
    picture.php

It's your generic, fuzzy, cotton candy pink, mammalian pokemon. Everybody should have one. The colors aren't set. I'm trying to move away from my usual browns and blues and I ended up with a pink fox with its head caught in a giant piece of popcorn.

Chesu

Boss Carrot
    Years
  • Spr_3r_039.png
    +
    Spr_3r_136.png
    =
    picture.php

...Maybe a bit of Skitty, for good measure. :laugh:

Yeah, sometimes to match the diversity in Pokemon, you have to go outside your comfort zone. I'm not particularly fond of ugly, monstrous Pokemon like Venusaur, but not all Pokemon can be cool and sleek.

I don't really see any flaws or irregularities to point out in the sprite, good job!

Years
  • Ugh, yeah. Seriously wondering if should have shown this. I actually used Eevee, Vulpix and Swablu for reference, but it's basically just a sprite that's the sum of its parts and nothing more. Those darned Eevees and their kin look like everything. I don't think this sprite will appear again in any form resembling its current state... if it ever reappears.

Moving on, I did some light touching up on another sprite
    picture.php
    picture.php

It's not much, but every little thing gets me closer to a perfect sprite.
    I still hate the feet.

And to give this post a little more weight:

picture.php

This sprite is based on - pretty much traced from - a sketch provided to me by Luigi-a. It's (obviously) a pegasus-like evolution of Rapidash. It's also my first 80x80 size fakemon, my first fakemon derived from an official pokemon, and my first shiny fakemon. I'm throwing a little party inside my head to celebrate.

bilkev

The Pokemon™ B/D creator
    Years
    • Seen Mar 12, 2011
    I love the galery !
    what's your secret?

Years
  • I love the galery !
    what's your secret?
    I keep a team of spriters looked in my basement.

picture.php
    picture.php

Now presenting a Lickitung prevo and, yes, its backsprite. It seems I can sort of do them now.
    Oh, and these were made for [url-inline="member.php?u=119675"]The Doctor[/url-inline] so no touchy or you'll get visited by a Dalek, or something.

I'm also experimenting with rescaling D/P size sprites down to 64x64 size. I don't know if it's really worth posting, but what the heck.
    picture.php

{Swan}

I Never Asked For This.
    Years
  • Oh I like the Lickitung evo! It's very cute, and I like the symbol on its belly. the backsprite looks great, what 'sort of'?!

Hm, I'd like to meet all of those spriters sometimes.

And don't tempt me, I'd love to meet a Dalek!

Suger

Legendary Pokemon of Sweets
    Years
    • Seen May 21, 2011
    To me, the 'new' version of that trainer sprite looks a little odd, I don't know why.

Btw, the fluffy pink thing isn't bad, I think it's cute. But as for coloring I can't say I'm a big fan of pink... I think maby lavender or light teal might go better. Maby with a silvery colour? Other than that I like it alot.

Also your drawing style is great and overall makes your images unique and I think that's great.

(( Sorry if this dosn't make much sense, I don't comment most of the time. I usually just stay silent... ))

blackmoonflower

You won't like me if I'm angry
    Years
  • I think I know why the new trainer looks odd. The way the legs are positioned make her look unsteady with the way the body is structured. Kinda makes it looks like she has to pee. lol

But I am very impressed with all the sprites so far. ^_^

Peeky Chew

Master of Palettes
    Years
  • Your sprites are all really good, espeically this one:
    picture.php

If only it was public!

Btw, do you think you could make baby pokemon sprites?

Years
  • Whoa! A flood of comments.

To me, the 'new' version of that trainer sprite looks a little odd, I don't know why.

Btw, the fluffy pink thing isn't bad, I think it's cute. But as for coloring I can't say I'm a big fan of pink... I think maby lavender or light teal might go better. Maby with a silvery colour? Other than that I like it alot.

Also your drawing style is great and overall makes your images unique and I think that's great.

(( Sorry if this dosn't make much sense, I don't comment most of the time. I usually just stay silent... ))
    Glad you like them. As Chesu pointed out, that pink fluffy thing is not very original, which would be fine by me except that it's pretty darn unoriginal. I suppose a new coat of paint would breathe more life into it, but it definitely needs more work than that.

picture.php

These were other color options I toyed with when I was making it. The others just didn't look good to me (and I still don't know if any of them are that great) so I went with the pink one. Anyway, thanks for the suggestion.

I think I know why the new trainer looks odd. The way the legs are positioned make her look unsteady with the way the body is structured. Kinda makes it looks like she has to pee. lol

But I am very impressed with all the sprites so far. ^_^
    Thanks. I've very impressed by myself as well. This is why I need feedback. I'd make all kinds of mistakes without realizing them. I guess I'm going to have to scratch out some new legs.

Your sprites are all really good, espeically this one:
    picture.php

If only it was public!

Btw, do you think you could make baby pokemon sprites?
    Is that, like, a request? I know you know I don't do requests. I also know you know that I'm lying through my teeth when I say that because the proof is right there. Anyways, no requests at the moment. I'm all request'd out right now.

Very professional keep up the good work
    Thanks much.

Years
  • I've got two more sprites to show. I think you'll be able to figure out what they are. Both were done from sketches provided to me by Luigi-a [url-inline="member.php?u=94305"]{Swan}[/url-inline] and, as always, they aren't for public use.

picture.php
    picture.php

I really like how the Gyarados-ish one turned out. The colors make it look fantastic. I'm kind of unsatisfied with the Gardevoir-y one. I think it looks a little static, but I don't really know what to do about it.

At some point I plan on revamping absolutely everything I've done so far, fixing little things that bug me, but don't bug me enough to deal with them at the moment. Look for it, but don't wait up for it.

Chesu

Boss Carrot
    Years
  • RRRRAAAARRRGH I AM BACK

Ahem. That is to say, I like the new sprites! The proportions aren't really Pokemon-like, but obviously that's what you were going for. The one thing that bothers me is that on the Gardevoir-esque one, at some points the outline just kind of disappears into the background (which is nice), and at others it's very apparent (which is also nice); the problem is that both are on the same sprite.

Years
  • RRRRAAAARRRGH I AM BACK

Ahem. That is to say, I like the new sprites! The proportions aren't really Pokemon-like, but obviously that's what you were going for. The one thing that bothers me is that on the Gardevoir-esque one, at some points the outline just kind of disappears into the background (which is nice), and at others it's very apparent (which is also nice); the problem is that both are on the same sprite.
    GOOD TO HAVE YOU BACK

You can't have your cake and eat it too. Somehow it didn't seem an issue at the time, but now I do see where it could be improved. That Gardevoir one was dang hard to do. You wouldn't believe how many versions I went through just to get it to where it's at now (well, maybe you would). I sort of ran out of steam - not to say that I think it's unfinished - just that it was at a point where I could stop and say "it's done." I should get to fixing those outlines. I'll put it on my to-do list.

st.jimmy

ZOMG!
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    wow.
    you're absolutely amazing...and very modest!
    if i had this talent i'd lock my doors and hibernate with nothing but a lifetime supply of cake and my pc. you really are exceptional!
    i cant give you construsctive criticism...because i have no criticms!
    well done :)

Atomika

Installing Gravity
    Years
    • Seen Oct 28, 2013
    I really like them.. they are alot better than most I have seen.. wonderful job!

Years
  • wow.
    you're absolutely amazing...and very modest!
    if i had this talent i'd lock my doors and hibernate with nothing but a lifetime supply of cake and my pc. you really are exceptional!
    i cant give you construsctive criticism...because i have no criticms!
    well done :)
    Who told you about my plans?

I really like them.. they are alot better than most I have seen.. wonderful job!
    Thanks. I try.

Er, I usually reserve this space for an update, but I haven't got one this time.

Years
    • Seen Jan 24, 2010
    Are you still accepting requests Galatea? If yes, can you please make this a 1st evolution and 3rd evolution? I kinda liked this one..

The dino one on your Fakemons?

That's on the 2nd evolution.. Like..

Charmander > Charmeleon (He's here) > Charizard

Could you make one please, with also a back battler.

bat003

Pokemon Tamer
    Years
    • Seen Sep 21, 2019
    Xx holy crap that's good down to the shading. Even the turns and sides up to size value you got it all. Not calling you a god but dam!? xX

Back