• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Shiny Johto Beast Events (Now happening on Wifi!)

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
  • I believe the receive Secret Key for Rotom transformations. Not much of an event but better then nothing. I don't remember if they got Oaks Letter and Membership Card, but those would indeed count as well. Again if you miss it I suggest trying to download via wifi during the European dates.

MrsNorrington

Lady Loki
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Fl
    • Seen Aug 20, 2014
    When I went to I went to get Shiny Entei at Gamestop yesterday. I was standing in front of the Pokemon B/W display, and they guy was changing the poster. So I asked him "What do you do with that?" And he said "We throw them away, do you want it?" ^^ And he's going to save every Pokemon poster that they get for my sister and I.

Shiny Johto Beast Events (Now happening on Wifi!)

I hate myself for not asking him last week for Raikou. Raikou is my favourite Pokemon of all time.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I missed Raikou when I was reminded as it was already too late, but I recently got it from a friend. Picked up Entei not too long ago either, so now all that's left to wait for is Suicune which happens to be my favorite out of the three. :3

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    I got two Raikous, and two Enteis. However, I gave one of my Raikous to a friend, so now I have three Enteis and a Raikou, hee. I'll be giving one of my Enteis to my sister, who couldn't find her Heart Gold when we went to go get 'im. I can't wait for Suicune, so I can get two - possibly even three (if I can find my Pearl) - of my favorite Legendary Beast.

Years
    • Seen Feb 26, 2011
    When I went to I went to get Shiny Entei at Gamestop yesterday. I was standing in front of the Pokemon B/W display, and they guy was changing the poster. So I asked him "What do you do with that?" And he said "We throw them away, do you want it?" ^^ And he's going to save every Pokemon poster that they get for my sister and I.

Shiny Johto Beast Events (Now happening on Wifi!)

I hate myself for not asking him last week for Raikou. Raikou is my favourite Pokemon of all time.

omg you look so cute <3 your so lucky >o<

Years
    • Seen Apr 12, 2022
    I almost forgot about the Entei event. I went to Gamestop before work and I got 3 of them. So now I'm waiting until Suicune is ready for distribution.

twindelphine

Pokemon Meister
    Years
    • Seen Aug 18, 2014
    So, is the shiny Pokemon still trade-able? Still depressed that I can't get the shiny Pokemon via the Mystery Gift Friend function. :(

Kamitsure-chan

Massive Cynthia fangirl. :3
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Apr 15, 2011
    I got Raikou the day before that event ended (XD), and I got an Entei in my SoulSilver the first day of the Entei event. I then got one on my Platinum a couple days later for my girlfriend. Luckily, there's a Gamestop within walking distance of my house, so I'll be able to get all three :3

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • So, is the shiny Pokemon still trade-able? Still depressed that I can't get the shiny Pokemon via the Mystery Gift Friend function. :(
    Yes they are trade able through normal standards. Since they have Classic Ribbon though they are prohibited on GTS. And you were not suppose to receive it via friend you were supposed to get it via Wireless. If you want to trade with a friend I suggest Union Room. I myself don't and have never seen Mystery Gift through Friend.

Kip

🔥 Fluffy Fire Fox
    Years
    • Age 32
    • They/Them
    • UK
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    Might want to change the title of the thread :P Why? Well...

It's coming to Europe!!

According to Serebii, all three shiny beasts will be available as a Wi-Fi Event starting 7th February. It will be accessible with all Generation IV games. And yes, these will still unlock the special event in Pokémon Black & White. :)

https://www.serebii.net/games/currentevents.shtml#europe

It's always nice when Nintendo remembers us as well. ^^ I am so using both Platinum and SoulSilver to get two sets. :)

Meduza

Majestic Dawn
    Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2014
    I wish they were releasing the Shiny Beasts over Wi-Fi since I can't get to a GameStop.

The best I can do is trade with someone who got a bunch of each.

Years
  • I am new to this forum and a parent. I found out about this promotion via this website and told my son who thought it was amazing! We went to Gamestop and picked up several Raikous from the 1st week. My son kept two but gave 3 away to his friends.

I picked up my boys (my youngest is more into Mario games than Pokemon) this past weekend and my ex kept the DSi (that I bought for my boys). I couldn't believe it. I'm not gonna bore you to death with our history but I finally convinced her to give the DSi and games ... at 545 PM when Gamestop closes at 6! We rushed over there and my son started up his Heart Gold game and found the link as the employees whut the store down! We were outside and my son was happy it started downloading... and downloading... and downloading. 15 minutes later, and no confirmation later, he restarted. No Pokemon. My son got off my truck and raced to the door, but none of the employees acknowledged him. My boys and I, dejected, left and my son cried.

I was pissed b/c the employees could've easily let him FINISH the download but instead killed it. I don't know if it's a corporate thing or beyond their control, so I'll let that slide. But they could have at least opened the door and told him (even if it was conjured up) that it was beyond there control. Instead, they ignored him and acted callous.

Yes, I told him it was just a pokemon and a game. Yes, we'll prolly be back to download the next one that starts w/ an S. But right now, those lil Pokemons are it, and in his 10 year old perpective he missed out. My son said "I just wanted two, one for me and one for Zarian (his best friend)..." It really broke my heart b/c I remember my love for the Ninja Turtles and missing out once (although it was totally my fault, I was grounded for not making straight A's) and how important that was to me. I dropped them off last night w/ their mommy. I posted all this on my Twitter last night

I apologize for my long rant. But now I'm on a mission. I need one (if two, great, but i ain't pressing my luck) for my son. I can be his hero if I can get them. I have no idea how I can get them but my best friends son (imagine that conversation last night) told me I can download them from someone who has extra. If anyone can help, I would greatly appreciate it. I read some people in here who said they have extra. I have no idea how I can go about it. Feel free to DM me. I just created this acct b/c quite frankly I don't have a clue what to do.

Thanks for reading and I apologize if I broke any forum rules on posting this.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kuru

Fever Dream
    Years
  • I want them, but I don't want to go to Gamestop to get them. Of course, when I did go to buy a game, I forgot to bring my DS. So now I'm sitting on no shiny doggies. :(

Haberdasher

suffers from nostalgia
    Years
  • Just got a second shiny Entei yesterday night. Forgot that the event was still going on and went to GameStop to pick up a preowned copy of Pearl, and luckily I had my Platinum with me too to get a second one. (The Pearl didn't have the Mystey Gift enabled on the previous game file, and I couldn't remember the passcode, so no third Entei.) With any luck I'll get three Suicune and be able to trade one for a Raikou so I'll have two complete sets (and I'll be able to demand outrageous things for my second Raikou, as practically nobody here at college with me got Raikou during break... ;) )

Years
    • Seen Jan 12, 2012
    im sad now:( the douchebag at gamestop told me it was us only but i went o gamestop today and i saw a ad for the event :( now i can only get suicune

Back