• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Shipping Debates

Who should he date?

• Misty

Votes: 42 43.8%
  • May

Votes: 9 9.4%
  • Dawn

Votes: 14 14.6%
  • No one, Ash only likes Pokemon

Votes: 31 32.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
Years
  • Age 35
  • Nim
  • Seen Feb 16, 2017
The writers have to make forced reminders as to why Brock is there. They don't want to repeat the same mistake they did back in the Orange Islands.

I would consider Ash & Pikachu a ship where Ash actually shows feelings towards. One of those ships where he's the one showing affection (but would Pikashipping be one-sided?).

Lyra/Soul always looked good with Silver.

missingnoresearcher

I like your bedsheets
Years
The writers have to make forced reminders as to why Brock is there. They don't want to repeat the same mistake they did back in the Orange Islands.

I would consider Ash & Pikachu a ship where Ash actually shows feelings towards. One of those ships where he's the one showing affection (but would Pikashipping be one-sided?).

Lyra/Soul always looked good with Silver.

Wait, why is Brock even here? He's been dead weight for a while, letting Ash and Dawn have their shining spotlight.

PikaShipping. DO NOT WANT!!!

Everything looks good with Silver. (in a non-gay way)
Jorah said:
*cool pics*
Where'd you get those?

Last edited:

Shedinjareese

Undercover Rocket
Years
Those are some pretty cool pics-- what I could see from what loaded, anyway.

Yeah I feel like Brock is a staple that you can't really remove anymore, although personally I thought Tracy was hysterical. Brock seems to be the Necessity Dump-- anytime they need someone to be able to do something, suddenly he can do that. (Is that what you meant too, Ruby?)

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
Years
  • Age 35
  • Nim
  • Seen Feb 16, 2017
I thought Tracy was boring back then. He was much plain than Brock because his character was still being fleshed out.

Brock seems to be the Necessity Dump-- anytime they need someone to be able to do something, suddenly he can do that. (Is that what you meant too, Ruby?)

Not exactly, but I'll get to that. I don't like how Brock has become one of those "stating the obvious" and repeating things we can already see. He didn't do this a lot in the older episodes. Maybe it was after the VA switch this occurred?

Azumi

★七色に光る女★
Years
Did I just hear someone say "Pingu"?
*was talking about it with my brother a few days ago*

By the way, has anyone watched Disappearance yet?
...I mean "The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya". The movie.

*cool pics

Cool, where'd you get those, anyway? owo

Shedinjareese

Undercover Rocket
Years
Not exactly, but I'll get to that. I don't like how Brock has become one of those "stating the obvious" and repeating things we can already see. He didn't do this a lot in the older episodes. Maybe it was after the VA switch this occurred?

That would be an interesting thing to find out. I feel like his stating the obvious is often for people who watch the show and don't play the games so are always not really sure about types and effects. Altough, I wonder what the stat is on how many people like that there are.

Jorah

What do I put here?
Years
  • Age 33
  • UK
  • Seen Aug 18, 2021
I got the pics from Pixiv and 4chan, lol. /c/ on 4chan...there are usually loads of Pokemon threads on that board. I don't know where they originally came from, though. Maybe Pixiv as well.

I hope Brock leaves.

Yeah I feel like Brock is a staple that you can't really remove anymore, although personally I thought Tracy was hysterical.

Haha, I actually used to find Tracy funny. Sort of a combination of finding him really annoying and finding him quite funny at times. But I preferred him to Brock.

It's defiantly not something that's recently started happening...Misty and Brock probably shared the explaining in Johto, then Max and Brock. It's probably more noticeable now since Brock doesn't have anyone else to explain with :S They've always explained the obvious, though. The battles in the 1st series always seemed to be shorter, or otherwise other people explained (from what I remember).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2I54LWDYfw Oh wow, the music at the start is funny...

Well, Misty and Brock just sit about during gym battles anyway

Did I just hear someone say "Pingu"?
*was talking about it with my brother a few days ago*

By the way, has anyone watched Disappearance yet?
...I mean "The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya". The movie.

Haha wow, you've watched Pingu? Childhood memories ~ It used to be one of my favourite shows.

I did see that there's now a sub for it, but it's a camrip D: I want to watch the high quality DVD version D: I feel like if I watch the camrip, it'll somehow spoil it for when I watch it in good quality...I am really tempted, though. People are saying it's really good (some saying it was one of the best movies they'd watched in a long time o.O Dunno how biased they are, though), is it good? I haven't read the light novels, so no spoilers D: But I might watch it in a few days, anyway...

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
Years
  • Age 35
  • Nim
  • Seen Feb 16, 2017
Shedinjareese said:
I feel like his stating the obvious is often for people who watch the show and don't play the games so are always not really sure about types and effects.

It's the moments where we see something happening in action, and we can tell what's going on without a further explanation (like a Pokemon collapsing to the ground, etc.)

Jorah said:
It's defiantly not something that's recently started happening...Misty and Brock probably shared the explaining in Johto, then Max and Brock. It's probably more noticeable now since Brock doesn't have anyone else to explain with :S They've always explained the obvious, though. The battles in the 1st series always seemed to be shorter, or otherwise other people explained (from what I remember).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2I54LWDYfw Oh wow, the music at the start is funny...

Well, Misty and Brock just sit about during gym battles anyway

Yeah, it's those type of comments I don't like. They waste about 3-4 seconds of precious battle scenes or whatnot.

And even though this is not related to saying obvious things but more of dumb dialogue, there was this part when Ash was battling Morty, where he beat Morty's first Ghost Pokemon, Gastly, then sends out Haunter. And when Haunter was sent out, Misty goes "Oh no not another Ghost Pokemon." I mean, really? You forgot what's Morty's specialty? I hate those kind of lines. Those episodes reminded me how bad-a$$ Gengar was though. I remember Agatha's, then this one, and then...wait did Fantina have a Gengar? It's like everytime you battle a Gengar you know you're gonna be screwed. Such an awesome battler.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 13, 2016
This my friends.... is the best shipping EVARRRRRR!!!!!
Spoiler:

Dont they just look cute together?!

PearlShipper4Life

Ash fan girl
Years
  • Seen Aug 13, 2016
Did any one see the new Fifth Generation Girl from the games?
What does every one think of her?
Chances of her being paired with Ash right away 100%

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 13, 2016
Did any one see the new Fifth Generation Girl from the games?
What does every one think of her?
Chances of her being paired with Ash right away 100%
thats what i hate about most shippers with ash... they think the person he likes is who he travles with... so when dawn leaves all pearlshippers will turn into "whiteshippers"?

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
Years
  • Age 35
  • Nim
  • Seen Feb 16, 2017
Mew~ said:
so when dawn leaves all pearlshippers will turn into "whiteshippers"?

Wow, that already sounds...I don't want to say it. The new game titles will cause serious problems here in US. *headdesk*

I don't think she's released yet in Sugimori form. You just see her walking in the games as a overworld sprite, that's all. Anyway, she looks "young" to me than when May or Dawn were introduced.

Jorah

What do I put here?
Years
  • Age 33
  • UK
  • Seen Aug 18, 2021
"I'm not a Whiteshipper, I'm a Blackshipper". I wonder if maybe they'll just rename them after the French words for black and white? "Noir" is quite widely used...what's French for white?

How can you tell from those small sprites? o.O It looks like she's wearing a cap with her hair tied back, but I can't tell very well. I also mistook what I presume is the male character for being female o.O

Yeah, it's those type of comments I don't like. They waste about 3-4 seconds of precious battle scenes or whatnot.

And even though this is not related to saying obvious things but more of dumb dialogue, there was this part when Ash was battling Morty, where he beat Morty's first Ghost Pokemon, Gastly, then sends out Haunter. And when Haunter was sent out, Misty goes "Oh no not another Ghost Pokemon." I mean, really? You forgot what's Morty's specialty? I hate those kind of lines. Those episodes reminded me how bad-a$$ Gengar was though. I remember Agatha's, then this one, and then...wait did Fantina have a Gengar? It's like everytime you battle a Gengar you know you're gonna be screwed. Such an awesome battler.

Haha, I like how you can notice that sort of thing, those type of comments just fly straight over my head after all these years. Yep, it is definitely better not to think while watching this show...

Pingu, wtf?
It's PINGAS!

Oh, it sounded like it was saying "Pingu's" to me XD

Azumi

★七色に光る女★
Years
OFFTOPIC QUESTION OF THE DAY:
Would you be happy if Brock left the anime?

Wow, the DP series has yet to end and people are already expecting Whiteshipping?

Can't they have the male character be introduced in the anime as a main character, like Satoshi's rival or something? I mean, only the girls are getting the screentime.
But then I think more BL ships will be introduced, and that's not a good thing...

...I think contests are boring these days. Have the girl do something related to battles and strategy and stuff...

Haha wow, you've watched Pingu? Childhood memories ~ It used to be one of my favourite shows.

I did see that there's now a sub for it, but it's a camrip D: I want to watch the high quality DVD version D: I feel like if I watch the camrip, it'll somehow spoil it for when I watch it in good quality...I am really tempted, though. People are saying it's really good (some saying it was one of the best movies they'd watched in a long time o.O Dunno how biased they are, though), is it good? I haven't read the light novels, so no spoilers D: But I might watch it in a few days, anyway...

I loved Pingu when I was young... Well, I don't mind if I could watch it again. It's so nostalgic...

I loved the quality of the movie. I would like to talk more, but you haven't watched yet, so no.
I'll still watch the DVD version though. If I could I'd even go buy it *v*

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
Years
  • Age 35
  • Nim
  • Seen Feb 16, 2017
Would you be happy if Brock left the anime?

Ten years ago: No.
Today: Yes.

Wow, the DP series has yet to end and people are already expecting Whiteshipping?

You know these fans...they'll grab anything to feed their craziness.

Can't they have the male character be introduced in the anime as a main character, like Satoshi's rival or something? I mean, only the girls are getting the screentime.
But then I think more BL ships will be introduced, and that's not a good thing...

...I think contests are boring these days. Have the girl do something related to battles and strategy and stuff...

I agree. But then it'll become three guys = unstability = BSoD in the anime for some reason.

Like Lyra? Yeah I don't think we'll have contests anymore in Generation V. Something new (and original, hopefully).

missingnoresearcher

I like your bedsheets
Years
Ah, a hero, AK47 is offically RIP to me.
*is sad*

And yes, I would love Borck to go bye-bye.
hey, why not get both 5th gen heroes instead?

Please, I can hold the pain of contests. If Ash doesn't hook up with anyone, FFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU...

ChrisTom

With all regards,
Years
Firstly, to Jorah: How come when I saw this pic I heard that song playing? Buh boom, Let's get it on... OOOOOH baby! Let's get it on....

Spoiler:

And then there is this:

PikaShipping. DO NOT WANT!!!

Did you not hear me at all? Really? I said that
NO BESTIALITY IS IMPLIED. I DO NOT THINK SEX WILL EVER HAPPEN BETWEEN ASH AND PIKACHU.
I can't believe I have to Caps-lock that. Listen, Pikashipping is different from other shippings. It isn't so much that they are Boyfriend and Girlfirend (I like to think Pikachu is a girl despite all other evidence given) but they do have a stong passionate bond and relationship that Ash doesn't share with any other characters. They play games together, they laugh together, the have their highs and lows together. They sleep together for god's sake. They are best friends. They are so close they might as well be Boyfriend and Girlfriend. I mean look at this:

Forever_together_by_PikaShipper.png

Can you look at that and tell me they don't love each other? Can you look at that and tell me they don't make a good couple? Ash flat out says in Lucario and the Mystery of Mew:
Take good care of the others buddy! I love you!

I just think that if their is going to be any relationship between characters, it is between those 2. They make a great couple, they are already closer than any of the other characters, so I think it is only natural. I hope they will always be together.

With all regards,

-ChrisTom

Azumi

★七色に光る女★
Years
Ten years ago: No.
Today: Yes.

You know these fans...they'll grab anything to feed their craziness.

I agree. But then it'll become three guys = unstability = BSoD in the anime for some reason.

Like Lyra? Yeah I don't think we'll have contests anymore in Generation V. Something new (and original, hopefully).

*laughs*

But they don't know what the girl looks like, other than the hat with the ponytail, which is just my guess! o_o

Three guys? Brock was somewhat neglected since he returned in Johto. Or maybe it was Hoenn? owo

OMG PLEASE, no more contests... ;A;

Ah, a hero, AK47 is offically RIP to me.
*is sad*

And yes, I would love Borck to go bye-bye.
hey, why not get both 5th gen heroes instead?

Please, I can hold the pain of contests. If Ash doesn't hook up with anyone, FFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU...

I think he's just busy. When I mention "I HATE PEARLSHIPPING ZOMG" he'll come back.
*takes out megaphone* PEARLSHIPPING SUCKSSSSS~~
Okay, that didn't work.

(Is that a typo or did you do that on purpose?)
You know that's not possible. They could've done that earlier then.

I already gave up on Ashy-boy since everything started going haywire. If he left though... *prepares confetti*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back