• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Shipping Debates

Who should he date?

• Misty

Votes: 42 43.8%
  • May

Votes: 9 9.4%
  • Dawn

Votes: 14 14.6%
  • No one, Ash only likes Pokemon

Votes: 31 32.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2022
    dqle said:
    For some reason, I think Ash is way into Pok?mon for his own good. Notice that he only cared for one female character and that was Latias, which by the way isn't human. (does he have any emotion towards Misty or May?!)

I'm starting to think that Ash is a Pok?mon himself... (that's not good. for me, anyways)

How can Ash end up with him self?

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Apr 27, 2011
    -shrug- If you've read books or even applied to real life, people fall in love at different ages. Some get engaged even before theyr'e 8. So.. XD It really depends on the individual.

So, anyway.. I'm not much of a Pok?shipper, and even if I was, I like it one-sided. Personally, I think the times Ash does get jealous is usually when he feels he isn't getting attention. XD In that episode with Rudy, he brought out Charizard to hit the targets to impress Rudy, who paid no attention to him at all. In "A Fan with a Plan", Ash got jealous 'cause May/Max/Drew got recognized, and he didn't. I seem to believe Misty has given some hints, Ash just hasn't gotten it. He's too dense. (So cute. X3)

I think the only girl Ash ever (EVER.) fell for was Giselle. Not that I blame him or anything, I thought she was kinda cute. XD It was all obvious on that one. -nods- But like the person above me said, Ash is probably too much into Pok?mon to be concerned with his lovelife or whatsoever. (Awww, but the 5th movie was sweet, too.)

I prefer Advanceshipping for no particular reason. I just think it's cute. Again, I like one-sided stuff, so whether or not May has given off any hints, I don't think Ash notices it anyway.

I can tolerate Contestshipping.. I think Drew has a thing for May, I mean, the kid's been stalking her (Or desperately wanting to beat her). But he's already good enough, so why is he bothering? xx; In the Grand Festival, I'm pretty sure Caroline did accuse May and Drew as being lovers, but eh.. Don't fall for that act that Harley guy's pulling; he's only pretending to praise May, but what he really wants is to crush her. I've seen the Grand Festival episodes, and from what I can see, Drew seems to dislike this Harley guy. XD

I don't know whether or not that was a spoiler, but I'm sorry.. XD
    [Aw, and at the end where Ash held an ice cream cone in front of May just after she watched Drew walk off was so cute/funny/sweet. XD]

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Apr 27, 2011
    cold_katanagirl said:
    Nobody trusts the official site. It was the same site that said Jesse and James were thirteen.

... And what does that have to do with anything anyway? -_-

Puahahah.. The people at the official site are jerkwards. Have you read the 'mailbag'? Those poor people mailing them questions they don't know the answer to and they get horrible replies! XD

STJ

meh... ^_^'
    Years
    lol... I haven't been to the site.. sounds funny...

Nobody's been pposting here for quite a while (until God of Water posted anway)- I guess it's becausethere havn't been any hints recently .. Too focused on the league I guess...

Does anybody have a hint which they want to debate about?

lucious_dia

Diamond in the Rough
    Years
    Hikarii said:
    I can tolerate Contestshipping.. I think Drew has a thing for May, I mean, the kid's been stalking her (Or desperately wanting to beat her). But he's already good enough, so why is he bothering? xx; In the Grand Festival, I'm pretty sure Caroline did accuse May and Drew as being lovers, but eh.. Don't fall for that act that Harley guy's pulling; he's only pretending to praise May, but what he really wants is to crush her. I've seen the Grand Festival episodes, and from what I can see, Drew seems to dislike this Harley guy. XD

Yes, Caroline does accuse her of liking Drew. Let's just say that the Spanish countries are more ahead than us. They always are, from what I've seen. But I managed to put up with the news. I hate Contestshipping, but I respect it somewhat. I'm not blind not to see their hints either. And I'm sorry if that spoiled it for some of you, but I'm, guessing you already had the idea. But I might be wrong, since I am in the US, I just heard from my cousin back there, and I don't trust him, so don't take this to be truthful. *plans to interrogate him*

[Aw, and at the end where Ash held an ice cream cone in front of May just after she watched Drew walk off was so cute/funny/sweet. XD]

Actually, it would be cool and fun to think that this is foreshadowing of which guy May has to choose.

See it?

May watches Drew walk off, and Ash interrupts after and blocks her from seeing Drew anymore, making her view his face now, and holding a ice cream cone for her...that will be nice IMO. Would give a smooth plot to Pokemon.

Puahahah.. The people at the official site are jerkwards. Have you read the 'mailbag'? Those poor people mailing them questions they don't know the answer to and they get horrible replies! XD

lol!

STJ

meh... ^_^'
    Years
    I wish I knew what the dialogue was... cause the pictures I've seen are very confusing....

May was blushing... then Ash interupted... then she started blushing again? It dosen't make sense to me.. especially when you get the scene where May has the pose where she has her fingers pointing to each other ( I hope somebody knows what I'm talking about)... afterwards...

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Apr 27, 2011
    lucious_dia said:
    Actually, it would be cool and fun to think that this is foreshadowing of which guy May has to choose.

See it?

May watches Drew walk off, and Ash interrupts after and blocks her from seeing Drew anymore, making her view his face now, and holding a ice cream cone for her...that will be nice IMO. Would give a smooth plot to Pokemon.

OMG. I NEVER THOUGHT ABOUT THAT. That would be so cool! It'd be like.. Like.. Some other kind of anime/manga thingy I think I've read before. XD Eeeee.

STJ said:
    I wish I knew what the dialogue was... cause the pictures I've seen are very confusing....

May was blushing... then Ash interupted... then she started blushing again? It dosen't make sense to me.. especially when you get the scene where May has the pose where she has her fingers pointing to each other ( I hope somebody knows what I'm talking about)... afterwards...

https://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y271/pockettomonsutaa/652683c0.jpg
    This is the frame that happened directly after Drew walked off. Some kind of wind thing with the hair..

https://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y271/pockettomonsutaa/069030af.jpg
    Then, DOOSH! Ice cream! XD

https://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y271/pockettomonsutaa/8c74b90e.jpg
    Oh, oh! This is the part where she's like, "Satoshi! Sore de Minna!" (Ash! Everyone! xP) Then Ash says something about something being good, most likely the icecream. Okay, let's pretend he said "Wanna try some? It's good! XD

https://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y271/pockettomonsutaa/f7aff3c4.jpg
    They see Drew walk off.

https://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y271/pockettomonsutaa/0907d837.jpg
    https://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y271/pockettomonsutaa/3b17ed15.jpg
    https://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y271/pockettomonsutaa/b3c85109.jpg
    The mom comes in and I think she makes a remark that May might like Drew. XD

https://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y271/pockettomonsutaa/78de1e9b.jpg
    This part totally dropped Drew. I think she's thanking everyone and something about the Grand Festival being great/fun/something. xx;
    EDIT: Okay, I replayed it. She then mentions that she wants to be the 'Top Coordinator'. (Drew mentioned that he was aiming to be 'Top Coordinator' just before he left.)

Last edited:

STJ

meh... ^_^'
    Years
    Heh..thanks for that... yeah.. the last picture was the one that I was talking about before... So she doesn't mention Drew? I guess that makes sense....

mistywishmaker

such a thing as f o r e v e r
    Years
    ^Aw, that's such a kawaii Contestshippy moment! -^_^-
    I'd really like it for May to end up with Drew, they just have too much in common, and they are too cute together! :3

STJ

meh... ^_^'
    Years
    In any case.... maybe we can debate about another shipping?

There's not really that much more to say about the Grand Festival scene.. Is there?

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Apr 27, 2011
    Hee hee. Sorry, I didn't want to let this thread die again, but I didn't have any ideas for a shipping debate, either. I happen to notice your sig, STJ, and you probably support Gymshipping?

Eeee. I liked that shipping when I found that one fansite called "unintended". Not sure if it still exists or not. Somehow, I feel Gymshipping is forgotten. >>;

STJ

meh... ^_^'
    Years
    hehe.. I have to go soon, so I'm going to have to make this short... :P

yep.. I like gymshipping... Unfortunatley by the time I found out about it.. Unintended was dead -_-'... But there was annother site too called French Crepes.. but that's gone too now.. *sigh*

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Apr 27, 2011
    Dead? D'aaawww. I think the last time I visited that site was about 3 years ago? Wait, that seems too long.. Hmm.. Not sure if I've ever visited French Crepes, but for some reason the name kinda rings an itsy bit.

I'd probably start one, just for the sake of saving this poor forgotten ship, but I wouldn't really know what to put on it.. Let alone run it.. I'm not very good at running sites, they always end up getting neglected. XD Ooh.. Which is probably why those sites died. >>;

STJ

meh... ^_^'
    Years
    Hikarii said:
    Dead? D'aaawww. I think the last time I visited that site was about 3 years ago? Wait, that seems too long.. Hmm.. Not sure if I've ever visited French Crepes, but for some reason the name kinda rings an itsy bit.

I'd probably start one, just for the sake of saving this poor forgotten ship, but I wouldn't really know what to put on it.. Let alone run it.. I'm not very good at running sites, they always end up getting neglected. XD Ooh.. Which is probably why those sites died. >>;

*sigh* I wished I could have seen what It was like when it was open.. but no matter... actually there's a site which is still alive.. but I'm not sure whether people are allowed to link to sites here...

It'd still be cool if you made a site too... though... :P

Does seem like a forgotten ship, dosen't it? That's what happens when there's not alot of supporters. oh well.. it dosen't bother me too much.. because then it's pretty much out of the firing line.. if you get my drift.. ;)

I'm just glad that there are more than two people who like this shipping here (heh.. I opened a club once... two members and it's disappeared -_-)

Anyway.. I'd better get back onto the topic of this thread, right? I could defend gymshipping.. but I just can't be bothered right now...and at the moment don't feel the need to..

ok...I'll start a debate on Questshipping vs Backshipping (cause I have no ties to either and so.. hopefully have an objective view)

I have the episode.. but I havn't seen it really.. so what I'm basing my opinion is from images and episode guides from places .. Anyway,from what I've heard and seen.. Both Kenta and the other guy (please tell me his name) seem to have a crush on Marina, but she's oblivious.. am I correct?

Ok... I have a question to ask... Are there more Questshippers then Backshippers? Is one more popular than the other? I'm not too sure..

Anyway my opinion is.. since neither paired up by the end of the episode..I think... both are equally possible I guess....

Last edited:
    Years
    Questshipping has WAY more fans than Backshipping. From what I've noticed anyway.

Questshippers scare me. Some of them can get really nasty when it comes to Juni'chi... or Jackson, I forgot now to spell his original name.

I'm pretty sure Kenta and Jackson both like Marina, but Marina likes Kenta. From what I read in the serebii guides, Marina tries flirting with Kenta a couple times.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Apr 27, 2011
    Kantanagirl's right. Both Kenta and Junichi (Yoshi and Jackson, I'm pretty sure.) like Marina. Marina likes Kenta, but also Lance and Eusine. XD As for fanwise, I'm pretty sure Questshipping has a lot more fans because it's kind of, or looks, obvious. That's probably why Ash x Misty (Not Satoshi x Kasumi) fans shot up. 4kids made it.. Well, they released that stupid "Misty's Song" when it hsouldn't have existed. xx;

I dislike Satoshi x Kasumi, but I can tolerate fans. XD "AAML" is less bearable for me, though, especially when the fans rely heavily on the dub. .. I don't think my point got through.. I confused myself. xx;

STJ

meh... ^_^'
    Years
    I'm not too surprised, but I was hoping that it wouldn't be the case. I don't like it when one ship overpowers another.. oh well... at least neither of them actually happened.... what would the fans have done then?

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Apr 27, 2011
    Still ship the couple anyway. When a fan likes a certain ship, they don't care whether the character's already paired up with someone. XD

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back