• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Shipping Debates

Who should he date?

• Misty

Votes: 42 43.8%
  • May

Votes: 9 9.4%
  • Dawn

Votes: 14 14.6%
  • No one, Ash only likes Pokemon

Votes: 31 32.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyber-Groudon

After all, I'm only human.....
Years
    • Seen Jan 29, 2008
    Hey, no bashing. I hate Ash and May, and you like Contest and Alto. No reason to be terrible about it.

(yaoi is win)

Fine by me. just keep it away from me.

Same goes for incest. To me, it's wrong.

sound fair? You can keep your stuff, and I'll keep mine.

K?

Momoiro

..:: Glaring One Way ::..
    Years
  • Momoiro has just realized that she's a definate BrockxRoxanne Shipper. O_O
    Is there even a name for that?

Years
  • Momoiro has just realized that she's a definate BrockxRoxanne Shipper. O_O
    Is there even a name for that?
    Rockshipping, if I recall correctly. xD I used to be a Rockshipper, now I don't really care as much.

incestial
    xD; Incestuous.
    Chaoshipping - MespritxGiratina
    Chao? Meh, Sounds too close to Chaos for my liking. Too much possibility for confusion.
    Lunarshipping - DarkraixCresselia
    I thought Darkrai & Cresselia was LunarEclipseshipping? O_o
    DimensionShipping - DialgaxPalkia
    aka: Cosmosshipping. Why did you give it a second name? :\

And to add onto his suggestion of naming your own: Be sure to remember to submit it to the "official" list at bulbagarden before you start calling it your made-up name, or people will think you're crazy. xD

To me, IkariShipping fails bad. Fails epicly.

There is absolutely no way this is possible. No hints whatsoever.
    0 hints, hatred, never met =/= fail. You shouldn't go insulting ships like that if you know what's good for you. You'll be eaten by the fans. Trust me, there's more than you think.

shedinjask

all about how to pokemoning
    Years
  • Incest rules. *waves 49ershipping flag*

Ikarishipping..... no. Dawn is an Ash clone, but girlier. Hate her. Paul would do well with someone rude and immature, like first-season Gary, or Buck.

Darkrai/Cressy is indeed LunarEclipse, and none of those are on the list. Stop being unofficial >O

Last edited:

STEELIXMANIAC

Hatena de Wasshoi!
    Years
  • Kenji-kun said:
    0 hints, hatred, never met =/= fail. You shouldn't go insulting ships like that if you know what's good for you. You'll be eaten by the fans. Trust me, there's more than you think.
    Okay, what's this idea you got that I hate it? I don't hate it. When I say something fails it's because there's almost no hint or evidence towards that.

From what I've seen so far, there're barely any interaction between those two. I mean seriously. All is just fantasy at the moment.

And of course I know there're fans out there who are adamant that this ship can work out. I respect that. Then again, I have my own opinions. *shrugs*

shedinjask

Years
  • Oh, so now you're on age restrictions too? I'd love to see your reaction to Unconventionalshipping.

Which I need to write so badly right now. Right after I get started on and done with that Blitzkrieg I promised myself I'd write.

foxkrystal

The Music is Movin' :D
    Years
  • Greetings,
    I'm a BIG shipper of contestshipping, orangeshipping, and pearlshipping. May I please join? I like what this thread talks about, it get's quite interesting when you read it.

Years
  • orangeshipping
    YAYANOTHERORANGESHIPPEROMG... Um... hi. ^__^

Yeah, you don't have to ask to join, just jump in anywhere with your opinions.

Okay, what's this idea you got that I hate it? I don't hate it.
    What's this idea you got that I thought you hated it? O_o I never said you did. I said that just because a shipping has no hints, the characters hate each other, or have never met doesn't mean that you should say it fails. All it causes is flamewars. People don't like their shipping insulted; it's common courtesy not to randomly bash shippings you don't believe in.

Anyway, you could argue that it has no hints, but people actually LOOKING for hints may find a little one or two, and some obvious ones may come at a later time.

Dawn is an Ash clone, but girlier. Hate her. Paul would do well with someone rude and immature,
    Isn't that an oxymoron? xD Ash is Rude/Immature, and if Dawn is his clone... :P

Actually, Dawn/Paul is one of my favorite Dawn pairings, now that I think about it. xD

STEELIXMANIAC

Hatena de Wasshoi!
    Years
  • Kenji-kun said:
    What's this idea you got that I thought you hated it? O_o I never said you did. I said that just because a shipping has no hints, the characters hate each other, or have never met doesn't mean that you should say it fails. All it causes is flamewars. People don't like their shipping insulted; it's common courtesy not to randomly bash shippings you don't believe in.

Anyway, you could argue that it has no hints, but people actually LOOKING for hints may find a little one or two, and some obvious ones may come at a later time.
    Fine, let's just stop here, shall we? I don't want this to turn ugly if we do prolong it. =|

Paul obviously doesn't care about Dawn. I mean, he actually says he doesn't know her at the Oreburgh Gym. XD Dawn got all agitated and would've beaten him to a pulp if not for Brock's intervention. I admit that moment was hilarious. Seriously.

shedinjask

Years
  • Isn't that an oxymoron? xD Ash is Rude/Immature, and if Dawn is his clone... :P

Actually, Dawn/Paul is one of my favorite Dawn pairings, now that I think about it. xD

Ash isn't rude and immature, or at least he's not trying to be rude. He's clueless. Someone like Gary, and this is just an example, that's what I mean by rude and immature.

Ky-nim

Like whoa.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2008
    I think a lot of the rival characters in general can be called rude and immature.

Hm, the rude part may be harder to find. Because some act rude on purpose - as comic relief - and etc...

shedinjask

Years
  • Gary (lol my fingers want to type Gyara) and Buck are good choices. Silver maybe, but he's less immature and more cold, like Paul himself. That's all I can think of.

EmpoleMew

Lunatic Lunar Rabbit
    Years
  • Wiki and Bulbapedia say that Paul may have been based on Silver due to him not havung an anime appearence. Seeing as their official art has the same pose.

As of now, I only really support Contestshipping, Ikarishipping, and although it pains me to say it, Pokeshipping. The fact that people take it too far and support it for no reason just kills it for me.
    Of course, that's the beauty of fanfics. They are all puppets in my master plan.

nakoma

gothic pokemon person
    Years
  • Eusine imo. They just click and are obviously somwhat close. Morty looked really hurt when Eusine yelled at him, like he was losing his best friend. I think it has potential to develop into a romantic relationship, or maybe it already has. Some general theory is they used to be together but now Eusine is too busy with Suicune to have much time for Morty. It's just cute, even in a purely platonic way. Like Originshipping <3

yes ! you went there ! i wish i could give you an award you brave person. anyway after a long absence im back and im back to defend pokeshipping. i dont know why people dont get this its simple obvious fact that may likes drew and misty likes ash yea may might like ash a bit but likes drew way more if you disagree prove me wrong and dont use the in the japanese version...excuse. the japanese version if you watch older eppisodes and some new ones less new then old their is more proof for ashxmisty then ashxmay because the jap version goes deeper then the american version so it ties drew and may closer.

i have no specific examples but watch a few undubbed eppisodes its obvious. and as for age so the writers can say well pikachu its been a year and not have it ash age ? so the cake ash got in the pichu short which was a year aniversary of when ash met pikachu (his birthday) was not significant to age ? wow by everyone who disagree's with me's logic thats means ash must specifically say well im 11 years old now before the believe.

common people its called logical thinking the writers are not even hinting there basically shouting it out. and the rules of cartoons is bs watch full metal alchemist ed ages and so does al. so rule of cartoons only applies to cartoons and animes that take place with in a time span look at digimon aging there too. so get off the high horse on age logic and hints and obviousness dictates ash has aged live with it.

Last edited:
    Years
  • You've basically just gone on about aging, which hardly anyone considers a problem between Ash & Misty, since they're only like- a year or so apart at the most. O_o

It isn't that 'obvious'. Either support your shipping with an ACTUAL arguement with specific examples, or don't try to debate. You could also try to improve your grammar a little, also. ^^;

Yeah, so, does anyone have a REAL debate for Pokeshipping? Does someone have a hint that Pokeshipping didn't die back when Johto ended?

shedinjask

Years
  • Pokeshipping is D:

I much prefer Gymshipping. Not a lot of hints, but what was there was cute. Dancing to Dragonite's song? Adorable. Ash's like 'WOW WHAT IS IT?', Bill's like 'Dunno but it's huge', and Brock's like 'Wanna dance?'

Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2008
    For the psychological analysis of the problem, gimmeh the group's ages. Thenb we'll talk.

in my opinion the age dosnt matter.

That's... the point. Even oblivious guys seem to get jealous (Inuyasha, Lloyd, etc).

Ages? The only REAL ages we know is that Ash was/is 10 and May is 10. Most assume Max is 8. I THINK I read somewhere that Misty was officially ten, but I'm not sure if that source was truthful. Not to mention most think she's older than Ash by a year or two. These are just my guesses:

Ash - 14
    May - 10 - 11 (Depending if a year's gone by in Hoenn)
    Misty - 15
    Brock - ... 17? 16?
    Max - 8

And so on... But it could be possible that they haven't aged at all. We don't really know.

dude brock is like 20 0_o

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back