• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Shipping Debates

Who should he date?

• Misty

Votes: 42 43.8%
  • May

Votes: 9 9.4%
  • Dawn

Votes: 14 14.6%
  • No one, Ash only likes Pokemon

Votes: 31 32.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Minuteman III

More Boosters!
Years
  • That's very rude to homosexuals Platinum. One group isn't better than another so you should edit that. It's offensive to some people.

Excuse me, but I thought that we lived in the United States? Or did a coup happen and we're now under a Stalinist dictatorship? In that case, I'm moving to Canada.

Let's just assume that every post here if from Ray Bradbury, who doesn't give a s*** about what other people say, and only have logical debates, okay?

While I'm at it.......

Here's my new shipping list

• Alto
    • Strela
    • Advance
    • Lagomorph
    • Whatever Wallace/Milotic is
    Those are in no particular order.

Last edited:

shedinjask

all about how to pokemoning
    Years
  • If the homosexual shippings for some whack and sick reason ever became canon or even real, Pokemon would probably be shown less in the US. Its hard to see them ever happening.

Sick? That's insulting.

It will just be dubbed over, no problem. Like Bashou was. (and we all know that was because Steelshipping is canon)

daydreambeliever

Awkwardturtleshipping (L)
    Years
    • Seen Nov 8, 2011
    Hahaha. I know I'm going to be hurt for saying this...
    but I'm a Pearlshipper. I don't expect it to ever happen nor do i expect Ash to ever get with a girl nor for the show to ever end!
    But you can always pray in the background and keep your fingers crossed!

Abrogate Nadir

Obscure Shipper
    Years
  • I'm with Pearlshipping, like usual.

And if there is nothing to add up to the Homosexuality issue, then I guess it will not be possible then. Saying that I'm right because I say so is so wrong, it's left. I'm just stating the obvious and if there were a judge here, it would probably be in conclusion that homosexual shippings are UNpossible with the fact I take a high level English class.
    You're 'stating the obvious', which is your opinions backed by nothing beyond your own insistence that that's how it is. That is not debating. As well, throwing in an imaginary judge who would side with you and mentioning an English class do nothing for you (and speaking of English, you constantly misuse words and your grammar is atrocious)

Last edited:

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
    Years
  • Why does the Pokemon fandom give a shipping name for everything? In Harry Potter you just said Ron/Hermione etc (Harry Potter shipping debates used to be brutal XD)

Ok, I'm dragged into this now. XP

Any mention of HP for comparion with Pokemon, and I'm in (since I was a former member of an HP forum).

You are right, Jorah, it was very, VERY brutal. But there's a reason behind that, because we were fighting alongside canon. This you can't say the same in Pokemon.

I also see Contestshipping as the only ship the writers actually hinted at, but again I don't know if it's the dub version fooling with us again and wasn't actually there in the original.

I won't say anything in regards to Pokeshipping or Pearlshipping. Alto ftw. XP

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
  • Excuse me, but I thought that we lived in the United States? Or did a coup happen and we're now under a Stalinist dictatorship? In that case, I'm moving to Canada.

It's insulting, I don't care where I or you live. What if someone said your race/religion< their race/religion? I bet you would be mad. So stop talking like you're right or have the ultimate Freedom of Speech, because you don't.

Oh, read the title Shipping Debates. It's supposed to be all logical.

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    Anyways, since this is Shipping Debates, I want to point out a pet peeve of mine, which is people saying that Contestshipping is the most canon ship in Pokemon. There are ships more canon than that, like ships that are ACTUALLY canon, such as Norman x Caroline and Butler x Diane.

Who ships relationships that were there from the start? XD I base all my shipping knowledge on Harry Potter, but *no-one* ships Mr/Mrs Weasley XD

Excuse me, but I thought that we lived in the United States? Or did a coup happen and we're now under a Stalinist dictatorship? In that case, I'm moving to Canada.

I don't know why some people think otherwise, but homophobia is just as bad as racism and sexism. People are being cruel and making judgements because of what someone is, rather than who they are. It's disgusting.

Ok, I'm dragged into this now. XP

Any mention of HP for comparion with Pokemon, and I'm in (since I was a former member of an HP forum).

You are right, Jorah, it was very, VERY brutal. But there's a reason behind that, because we were fighting alongside canon. This you can't say the same in Pokemon.

Oh I used to go to COSForums, not too much now, though. I used to go on Mugglenet comments and any mention of something about friendship and Harry, Ron, Hermione someone would pick at it and...KABLAM. I remember once one of the comments ended up with fake ships like Dobby/Squid Filch/Whomping Willow, too funny XD

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Abrogate Nadir said:
    You're 'stating the obvious', which is your opinions backed by nothing beyond your own insistence that that's how it is. That is not debating. As well, throwing in an imaginary judge who would side with you and mentioning an English class do nothing for you (and speaking of English, you constantly misuse words and your grammar is atrocious)

Damn it, I don't give a damn anymore, so let's damn that topic with the Popular opinion and move the damn on.

I would also like to state something about Contestshipping

It is mostly one sided, I accept that Drew likes May but in reality, it's not the other way around.

A shipping can't be cannon if it's not with both sides. And May doesn't like Drew. In the last US episodes, May seemed to consider Drew as more of a Rival than a friend, and that put up big time in Battle Frontier, just that Contestshippers learned ignorance from Max in Hoenn :P. Just because I'm through with most of my Advanceshipping side doesn't mean I am not willing to crush some rival shippings.

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
  • Wow, you're brutal against Conestshipping Advanced. I think that Advancedshipping looks better than Contest, but it just doesn't sit well with me.

shedinjask

Years
  • May blushed around Drew a lot, didn't I just post this?

It's called being one-sided canon. 'Canon' doesn't refer only to relationships; rather, anything in the series.

Spinor

Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    OK, Contestshipping is one-sided cannon, happy? Now go drink your Evening coffee before I explode.

I can explain May's possible explanation for blushing. Love tease and low degree sexual harrasment.

It is still not in sight that May ACTUALLY likes Drew. You would blush a hellload if you were teased of liking someone, no? Blushing doesn't always signify love. It can also happen with untrue reactions because of it.

Also, look what I found thanks to man's best friend:

Wikipedia :D said:
    To blush (blood rush) is to display redness in one's face; the term is usually used when the redness is a result of an emotional response, which could reflect embarrassment, shame, or modesty. Blushing can, Not always, also be associated with being in love. Blushing is generally distinguished, despite a close physiological relation, from flushing, which is more intensive and extends over more of the body, and seldom has a mental source.
    If redness persists for abnormal amounts of time after blushing, then it may be considered an early sign of rosacea.Ignore that :)

Blushing isn't always a response to love, also to other specific emotions besides it. You may friend, hath been proved invalid.

Spinor

Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Yes, I just used Wikipedia :D. If you don't like it, go buy a book, Man's second best friend.

Spinor

Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    MerriamWebster.com said:
    Blush
    Function:intransitive verb
    Etymology:Middle English blusshen, from Old English blyscan to redden; akin to Old English blȳsa flame, Old High German bluhhen to burn brightly
    Date:15th century
    1 : to become red in the face especially from shame, modesty, or confusion
    2 : to feel shame or embarrassment
    3 : to have a rosy or fresh color : bloom
    — blush·ing·ly \ˈblə-shiŋ-lē\ adver

Well that only furthered up my point, thanks for the tip :).

shedinjask

Years
  • You would blush a hellload if you were teased of liking someone, no?

Actually no, and I was pointing out May's blushing when Drew talked to/teased her, not when she was teased about liking him. Still, you're right in that it can mean simple embarrassment. So I stand corrected.

Spinor

Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Pearlshipping.

Firstly, for dummies, it is the shipping between Ash and Dawn. Of course, there are a lot of hints. They are very alike in many fields, and are actually the 2 main characters with the record of highest amounts of physical contact. They always do high 5s, so much, it gets old and I feel like doing High 6s. Ash is always there for Dawn when she loses a contest, and like Vine/Advanceshipping, Lagomorphshipping also advances it a lot. It is getting very likely at this point. This one has had more small hints than in the first seasons of Advance and Pokeshipping.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back