• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Simple Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Apr 30, 2010
    What level do you start to see a noticable increase in ev's?

My drapion is lvl 47 and I'm training speed. I'm battling almost 100 speed giving ev pokemon per level and I dont get any more then 4 ev's and some stats gain more then speed does.

Whats going on? Aren't I a high enough lvl yet?

Ambient

FC - 3438 3267 6705
    Years
  • What level do you start to see a noticable increase in ev's?

My drapion is lvl 47 and I'm training speed. I'm battling almost 100 speed giving ev pokemon per level and I dont get any more then 4 ev's and some stats gain more then speed does.

You may have already reached max EVs at this point. If you really want to see a high increase, use the EV reducing berries until all your EVs are wiped out, level it to level 98/99 and then EV it.

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
    Years

I honestly have no idea what you're saying. When you fight a Pokemon, you gain a specific amount of EVs, and your total amount of EVs go up by that amount. They don't randomly increase.

Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2023
    IV's?

Well, I recently got the Totodile necessary for training (thanks AC) and decided to calculate it's IV. NOTE: It IS Jolly w/ Ice Punch and Dragon Dance.

Since I know very little about Competitive Battling, I don't know if these are good IVs.

31/31/31/11/31/13

I don't know if I did it right either... :/. If anyone wants to correct me, the 'Dile is Jolly, Level 1, No Ev's, 12 HP, 6, Atk, 6 Def, 4 SAtk, 6 SDef, and 5 Spd.

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
    Years
  • How did you calculate them? Did you pump them full of candies, while recording the stats on Metalkid's IV calculator, or just plug the lv 1 stats into Serebii's calculator? I find it very hard to believe that you somehow got a quad flawless Dile within 24 hours.

Oh Ben, could you give me one of your Totodiles (with DD + Ice Punch)? My Totodile forgot Ice Punch while in the Daycare Center. =/

Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2023
    Hehe... uhm... funny thing about that :(. I got REALLY lucky on the Totodile. All of my other ones lost that move too and I was using a different one every two eggs or so... It was the LAST one I had (I had two eggs out of my last one with Ice & DD). I thought there was no way to get it since the first egg came up with out it, but the second somehow A.) was Jolly and B.) had the two moves. I seriously was appalled at it...

I just put the level 1 stats in Serebii's calculator. Not the best way to get it... I think... but I just wanted to see how it worked.

EDIT: I put the same stats in Psypokes' calculator and got the same results.

Azonic

hello friends
    Years

All the EVs will show noticeably by the time Drapion is level 100. There really isn't a given level for the EVs to kick in, but not to worry - they will be guaranteed to kick in by level 100.

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
    Years
  • Hehe... uhm... funny thing about that :(. I got REALLY lucky on the Totodile. All of my other ones lost that move too and I was using a different one every two eggs or so... It was the LAST one I had (I had two eggs out of my last one with Ice & DD). I thought there was no way to get it since the first egg came up with out it, but the second somehow A.) was Jolly and B.) had the two moves. I seriously was appalled at it...

Why were you appalled at it? It sounds like a good Gatr.

Oh, and I didn't want the original back- it can die in a fire for all I care. :P I just want a Totodile with Ice Punch and DD, which (assuming the new Totodile is male) you can easily breed.

I just put the level 1 stats in Serebii's calculator. Not the best way to get it... I think... but I just wanted to see how it worked.

EDIT: I put the same stats in Psypokes' calculator and got the same results.

That's not how IV calculators work. IV calculators take a guess at what your IVs are based on your stats. Most calculators give ranges of possible IV values, rather than a single number (unless you're a high enough level that it actually can differentiate).

For your Totodile, I'm assuming it has these stats:

Totodile
    Jolly
    HP: 12
    Atk: 6
    Def: 6
    SAtk: 4
    SDef: 6
    Spe: 5

Given these stats, these are the possible IVs:

HP: 0-31
    Atk: 0-31
    Def: 0-31
    SAtk: 0-11
    SDef: 4-31
    Spe: 0-13

The IVs can be anywhere in those ranges.

Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2023
    OK, I'll breed it. Hopefully I can get it right on the first try :P. ('Cause that's all I have D:).

Eh, appalled, surprised... I don't use words too well :).

Yeah, that sounds a lot better than before. The odds of just getting a Jolly were slim, Ice Punch and DDance even slimmer... and if those WERE perfect Iv's... then even I would think it was hacked :D.

Years
  • Which pokemon should i have in my team it is either a Noctowl or glalie and before any one says there both crap i don't care and with which ever one you pick can you give me a good movesets and the noctowl has to include fly
    and in regareds to who should learn overheat i always teach it to my torkoal and i never look back
    And thank you anyone who answers

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
  • I can barely understand what you're saying. But eh, Fly is crap. It just lets your opponent set up/switch out. And your choices, it depends on the rest of your team. They both... are outclassed by other Pokemon. Who should Overheat do what? Show us your team first. -.-;

Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2023
    You do realize that if the male knows egg moves of the offspring, there's a 100% chance that those moves will be passed down, right?

I was just saying that the other of the Totodile from that batch (the one that only had two eggs) did NOT have Ice Punch or DDance...

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    MY team is:
    Torterra
    Infernape
    Empoleon
    Hippodown
    Toxicroak
    and either glalie and noctowl

0.0 You need a better team dude. Mixape takes out 4/6 of your team and if you switch in either Infernape or Toxicroak on an attack, they die.

Three starters doesn't really work out. Torterra's role is redundant, I'd go with Celebi if you can get it. If you want Torterra, use the Leech Seed set on Smogon. Glalie and Noctowl are fail. I strongly suggest you get something better. Hippowdon should lead, and you should replace Toxicroak with Garchomp. Empoleon could be replaced with Vaporeon for Mixape counter and Wish support.

Hippowdon/Garchomp/Infernape/Vaporeon/Celebi or Torterra/Filler (NOT Noctowl or Glalie) Mamoswine perhaps?

Years
  • Ohh i forgot to mention i have a good team on my pearl this is a diamond game im just using it to train 6 pokemon that i don't have these pokemon strong on my pearl so thats why i was asking and i said pick either noctowl because i already have a strong vaproen it is on Lv 70 from my Leaf green i have a garchchomp in it to i think it is is 49 still training so this is not my serious game i just wanna know which one is better Noctowl or glalie can some one just tell me so just tell me please

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    Oh, okay, that cleared up a few misconceptions for me. Glalie would do better since it gives you some Ice Coverage and you can switch it into ice attacks aimed at Torterra.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back