• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Simple Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

SgtPatches

i has a beard
Years
  • Here's one I haven't found the answer for.

I'm considering getting a Seismitoad (Gamageroge for those of you doubting the English names) and I was wondering if any of you knew if Underhanded stacks with other poison moves. Like if my Seismitoad had Poison Jab, would Poison Jab's 20% stack with Underhanded's 30% to give me a 50% probability of poisoning my opponent?

Rinna

Uhm..woof?
    Years
  • I recently got the Shiny Entei and Suicune from GameStop for the Zoroark event. How would I transfer Entei to Black if Black doesn't have Gen IV Pokemon?

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    Here's one I haven't found the answer for.

I'm considering getting a Seismitoad (Gamageroge for those of you doubting the English names) and I was wondering if any of you knew if Underhanded stacks with other poison moves. Like if my Seismitoad had Poison Jab, would Poison Jab's 20% stack with Underhanded's 30% to give me a 50% probability of poisoning my opponent?
    That's true, it would be unlikely if it didn't. If abilities such as Super Luck stack with moves like Night Slash, I don't see why Underhanded should not. No one has discovered that it doesn't either as far as I know.

I recently got the Shiny Entei and Suicune from GameStop for the Zoroark event. How would I transfer Entei to Black if Black doesn't have Gen IV Pokemon?
    You can transfer event Pokémon by using the Transfer Machine. PokéShifter is another way of transferring, but you have to finish the main game first.

Last edited:

Newbie 2.0

The New Type of Noob
    Years
    • Seen Feb 28, 2011
    Black City, White Forest-Useless at first?

So, apparently someone playing through a Japanese version of Black has said that when he reached Black City, it was empty. That means that in order to even get people to actually use Black City or White Forest, you need to use High Link with someone first!? That totally sucks. I do not have someone to High Link with, as my friend don't play Pokemon and I hardly see the family members that do.

But can anybody else confirm this? Only heard him say that.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Over time, if you fiddle with the clock too much, the areas will become deserted with no buildings and trainers in Black City and no grass in White Forest. To fix this, you'll need to go into Entralink with your friends and try and get people to come to your areas. This can only be done between Black City & White Forest. You will not be able to get other trainers to go from two White Forests or two Black Cities.

- Serebii

This may be why his was empty at first? I'm not entirely sure whether you have to use high link or not, different sources say different things. D:

Merged with simple questions for somebody who knows the answer to... well, answer.

Newbie 2.0

The New Type of Noob
    Years
    • Seen Feb 28, 2011
    Well, Serebii also says that not talking/battling with the trainers makes them leave. So could it be that since you start the game the trainers also start in Black City and if it takes you a while to get there, they leave?

Years
  • Well, Serebii also says that not talking/battling with the trainers makes them leave. So could it be that since you start the game the trainers also start in Black City and if it takes you a while to get there, they leave?
    Well, I have Black and when I first visited Black City, there was no one and no buildings. It was already empty :/
    I'm also very annoyed by this.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • Well, I have Black and when I first visited Black City, there was no one and no buildings. It was already empty :/
    I'm also very annoyed by this.

Well how did that happen? :/

My first time I visited Black City -Mind I hadn't been to the Highlink forest-

There was people and buildings, buildings full of people and the trainers outside? :|

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
    Years
  • I still cannot understand GTS negotiation, no matter how many times I read the description. Can somebody please explain it to me?

Years
  • I still cannot understand GTS negotiation, no matter how many times I read the description. Can somebody please explain it to me?
    As far as I remember, in GTS negotiation, you live trade with another person via Wi-fi, where you select up to three Pokemon and the other person also selects up to three Pokemon. You get to see the Pokemon being offered and you can decide whether you accept the trade using smileys. When you both mutually agree, you may proceed with trading. (A choice of three Pokemon, but only one Pokemon can be chosen.)

Anything else you need to know?

Last edited:

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
    Years
  • As far as I remember, in GTS negotiation, you live trade with another person via Wi-fi, where you select up to three Pokemon and the other person also selects up to three Pokemon. You get to see the Pokemon being offered and you can decide whether you accept the trade using smileys. When you both mutually agree, you may proceed with trading.

Anything else you need to know?
    But you can put ANY three Pokemon? Are there any limits to what Pokemon you can offer?

What if the trades are unfair because of hackers?

Years

• Well how did that happen? :/

My first time I visited Black City -Mind I hadn't been to the Highlink forest-

There was people and buildings, buildings full of people and the trainers outside? :|
    I'm not sure how it happened, but since Serebii says something about them disappearing after time it could probably have been due to the fact I took longer to play my game. I don't like to rush, not sure how long I took though.

Did you use any AR cheat code? The walk through walls code, specifically?
    No I don't use any cheat codes. I also have a legit game.

Newbie 2.0

The New Type of Noob
    Years
    • Seen Feb 28, 2011
    Oh gosh, now there's two people here saying their Black City was nice and busy and the other says it was empty.

Dragonomega: How long did it take you to get to Black City??

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Since GameFreak doesn't have anything but gen V Pokemon in the main game, do we have to wait for post game to transfer our shiny beasts + Celebi? :(

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
  • On Black City and White Forest:
    You can slow the rate of population decline by visiting it every day, but you can't stop it. This means that if you take a long time to finish the game once so you can visit the place, you start off with less people.
    So you need to kidnap/scout people from your friends game of the opposite colour via highlink every so often.
    Also, fidgeting around with your DS clock will quicken the population decline speed.

On transferring Celebi/Shiny beasts before finishing the game
    :
    By using the Transfer Machine (a feature like the Pokeshifter but transfers every applicable event Pokemon in one go), you can transfer them to BW before the ending.
    1. Go to the building in Hiun City near Route 4
    2. Talk to the scientist on the 11th floor
    3. Tell him 「みんな ハッピー かんたん つうしん」
    4. Save and reset the game
    5. Your title menu should have the "use Transfer Machine"/「転送マシンを 使う」 option

Hope it helps.

solopy567

Giga....Drill....BREAKER! !!!!
    Years
  • Hi guys I have a question

I'm in Hiun city right now, and I need a fighting type pokemon. Is there one available somewhere around the city? If not, here is my team so far.

Pokabu lvl16
    Pidove lvl10
    Shimama lvl11
    Choroneko lvl11
    Yanapuu lvl12
    Yoterii lvl12

And if you can, please tell me about a good team I can make in the early game.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Dokkora! :) They're the best. There should be some back in Yagaruma forest if you're willing to go back. Might wanna level up though...a lot. :P

As for your team, it seems nice and balanced atm. Not too much you can do early on, however I'd recommend scrapping some team members. Normally you'd be much higher level because most people don't use full teams of 6 til closer to the 6th-8th gyms or something. Maybe shorten the team up to Pokabu, Shimama, Yanappu, and Dokkora? Pidove, Yooterri, and Choroneko aren't that good imo, but it's up to you.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • Oh gosh, now there's two people here saying their Black City was nice and busy and the other says it was empty.

Dragonomega: How long did it take you to get to Black City??

Ew you called me Dragonomega, 0 brownie points u.u Um, it took me quite a while, since I refused to use guides and I like to set my self a target for every Pokemon to reach and such, so it took about 5 weeks .__.

Since GameFreak doesn't have anything but gen V Pokemon in the main game, do we have to wait for post game to transfer our shiny beasts + Celebi? :(

The Transfer machine is in Castella (sp?) city; which means once you unlock the machine you can transfer, that's how people plan to use Zorua + Zoroark In their main teams.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back