• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Spring 2010 release confirmed

Dusty Dog

Pokemon Master
Years
  • hey i also live in the southern Hemisphere (Aotearoa yaya xD) and we are going on a school trip to Hawaii in April 2010

Will hg/ss be released there by then. Because it is a American State isn't it. i want this game so badddddd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
    Years
  • hey i also live in the southern Hemisphere (Aotearoa yaya xD) and we are going on a school trip to Hawaii in April 2010

Will hg/ss be released there by then. Because it is a American State isn't it. i want this game so badddddd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Actually Hawaii is only gets their games one day before New Zealand -__-

MadaraUchiha.

Typhlosion Master
    Years
  • Why would it take so much time to damn translate? :S
    Anyways, fan translations will probably flow in 2-3 months, along with walkthroughs. And the Johto games are probably the ones I know the most so it won't matter for old school people~

P.S, spring actually means a year from now. Blah.

Spring = 6 months (September,October,November,December,January,February then spring is March,April and May 1 Year from now is still summer...

Evil Sonic

Fufufu, All according to plan.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2023
    I wish it would come out during Christmas, my chances of getting the game are lowered now. ;_;

(My dad likes to be cheapskate)

Years
  • This game is gonna be awsome. I cant wait. the poke pedometer seems like it is gonna be a cool feature, cant wait to see how it turns out

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • The logo's are really nice.
    But for some reason I prefer the japanese logos.
    Can't wait for it.

The Japanese writing has always had a great appeal to many people. It is a different style from the regular English alphabet, and because of this it gives off a more unique appearance. So, I agree the Japanese logos are really nice, but the American logo isn't too bad either, I rather like it compared to what we normally see in released games.

I could have sworn the release date was September 13th...that was Wikipedia...

The release date for Platinum was on September 13th of last year in Japan. However, this year the games are being released on September 12th for Japan. As for the US, like we've learned, it will be distributed during the Spring. So, a pretty predictable time for it to happen, but the exact date is currently unknown.

wait what figures as toys? why are you gus gonna buy toys for, do they unlock an event?

You gain the figures only when you pre-order the games, and like always the figures have always been the same as that in Japan. If you pre-order SoulSilver, then you will gain the Lugia figure. If you pre-order HeartGold, then Ho-Oh will be your gift. The third figure is a Arceus, which is recieved with Lugia and Ho-Oh when both games are preo-ordered. They don't unlock events, but they are just an added bonus for those who pre-order the games and many fans enjoy collecting plushies and figures for a hobbie of the sort. Seeing as the games are being released in Spring for the US, then I would say pre-ordering for the US copy will start around late December or roughly around that time afterwards [this is based on speculations however].

Munch Dog

Growlithe!
    Years
  • It's not bad, but I'm certainly glad I'm importing it now, I just couldn't wait for next year to play this! I'll still buy the opposite English version when they get released though.

ReyRey-Pyon

THREAD KILLER
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Feb 6, 2015
    HOMG ;U;

I love the logos ;u;
    They're really great compared to the usual logos <3
    spring 2010? thats not bad :'D

Years
    • Seen Dec 6, 2017
    This game is going to be like Generations I, II, III and IV all smushed together to create a super game. I'm so glad Game Freak and Nintendo decided to go ahead and make a second batch of remakes

I also hope that this is where they'll stop making them; because Advanced Generation remakes would just be unnecessary. :|

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
    Years
  • Wow... the new logos are great! Of course the release date was expected, it's still nice to get some confirmation.

Misty4Life

~Paired with a bribed shipper~
    Years
  • I also hope that this is where they'll stop making them; because Advanced Generation remakes would just be unnecessary. :|

Well, most likely they will make them to increase the Nintendo DSI's sales. Owners of the Nintendo DSI can't play through Hoenn due to the fact that the Nintendo DSI has no GBA slot. This is my personal opinion. Also, I personally hope for Hoenn remakes.(My Emerald's file got deleted and it would be nice to go through Hoenn again, especially with the new features and everything. Although I have no idea what they'd be called.:\)

Anyways now on topic, I love the English logos! They have a nice feel to them. Although I thought the English trailer would at least have the few sentences on there translated, But they end up leaving the Japanese text on. Oh well, I can't wait until the games come out. I'm not importing and spring seems so far away...

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • Well, most likely they will make them to increase the Nintendo DSI's sales. Owners of the Nintendo DSI can't play through Hoenn due to the fact that the Nintendo DSI has no GBA slot. This is my personal opinion. Also, I personally hope for Hoenn remakes.(My Emerald's file got deleted and it would be nice to go through Hoenn again, especially with the new features and everything. Although I have no idea what they'd be called.:\)

Anyways now on topic, I love the English logos! They have a nice feel to them. Although I thought the English trailer would at least have the few sentences on there translated, But they end up leaving the Japanese text on. Oh well, I can't wait until the games come out. I'm not importing and spring seems so far away...

The thing about Nintendo, is that currently they have reported on no further remakes as yet. Though, this does not disclude the idea of a Third Generation remake later on in the years. I personally wouldn't mind for one, but currently it isn't needed, at least not yet.

As for the logos, I do agree on that certain feel. I said the same thing once I noticed it too as it looks rustic, which is pretty neat. The Japanese text not being translated as yet can only mean that the English copies as well as the rest are still in the works. Production for them are still early and without the release of the Japanese games as yet, I wouldn't have expected for a translated scene in the video. Nevertheless, really neat and to see the three Legendary Beasts were pretty cool [one of my favorite parts in the video to add].

Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2009
    Cool. I guess that's not too far away. I can wait.
    But what if they push the release date back?

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Awesome logos.

Not as awesome as the Japanese logos, but I expected that. xD;

Spring '10 ftw. <3

Can't wait to go pick up Soul Silver.

Back