• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tales of Symphonia

Zapchu

Da' Evolution Chu
Years
  • Shukuen Shinobi said:
    Hmm...I didn't have a problem with Volt, so I'm not sure what to tell you. Have Raine in your party for healing. I used Kratos, Lloyd, and Collette, though Genis is probably a better choice. Set one of your C-Stick commands to Raine's First Aid, or Nurse if she has it by then, and use it when you need it, and Raine SHOULD listen to you. Hope that helps a little bit.

Beat the game while I was away on vacation...

Spoiler: The Tree's name is...

Now I have my restart game, and I saved my old game to file 2, so I can do more sidequests, get all the best weapons, get more Grade, ect.

It was funny watching the last ending scene with Pirate Lloyd, Beach Collette, Judgement Kratos, Katz Genis, Maiden Raine, Klonoa Presea,Chef Regal, and Swimwear Sheena. XD

Next time I'll actually have em have their normal outfits. ^^;

Ah...the name of the tree, I was researching names for this story I was writing and came upon Norse mythical names. Jeez, I was wondering where they got that long complicated name from. o_O; The great tree actually connects different worlds and the name of the tree is what you said it was. Asgard is the place where the gods reside and Neiflheim is the underworld. Midgar is where the humans reside. Heimdall is the name of an elf. And Ymir is the name of a giant. Cool isn't it. Tales of Symphonia is probably based on ancient Norse myth with a bit of a twist.

Kenny_C.002

Welcome to Rokkenjima
    Years
  • Okay. Yeah I kinda did answer my own questionback in the last spoiler I made. ^-^'

Anyway, I've been playing Tales of Phantasia and I'm going goin through with masses amounts of similarities between ToS and ToP. There is somewhat reason to believe that ToS is the prequel to ToP, but unless Namco says so, it's not. O, I got the tree's name from ToP. And Cless' last name is close to Lloyd's lastname (well in the Japanese version they say) along with Sheena's lastname with some person in the ninja village.

And yes, the entire Tales series (Tales of Phantasia, Tales of Destiny, Tales of Symphonia, Tales of Eternia) is based on Norse mythology.

Zapchu

Da' Evolution Chu
    Years
  • protoman said:
    i need help i am in the mine and i need to kill the bacura and i know how i am just too slow to out run the bolder to kill the bacrura, can any one help?

you have to step to the side where the rock can't hit you. there's no other way to do it. lure bacura as close as you can to where the rock falls out and then when the rock comes, make a run for it and run to that place on the left side where there is extra land. took me a couple tries, don't give up.

hmmm, maybe i'll go check out tales of phantasia. :P

100marios

Reigning Dork Champion of PC
    Years
  • protoman said:
    i need help i am in the mine and i need to kill the bacura and i know how i am just too slow to out run the bolder to kill the bacrura, can any one help?
    You could always change Lloyd's Lvl 2 exsphere (assuming you equipped him with one) to personal just for a minute, allowing him to run faster for the puzzle.

*strokes his chin*
    No thanks necessary! Just the chance to show off my ingenuity is all I need!

I actually read all that in a walkthrough, hehe.
    *sweatdrops*
    I'd probably still be stuck if I didn't find that out!

Shukuen Shinobi

Ninja Dude
    Years
  • Zapchu said:
    Ah...the name of the tree, I was researching names for this story I was writing and came upon Norse mythical names. Jeez, I was wondering where they got that long complicated name from. o_O; The great tree actually connects different worlds and the name of the tree is what you said it was. Asgard is the place where the gods reside and Neiflheim is the underworld. Midgar is where the humans reside. Heimdall is the name of an elf. And Ymir is the name of a giant. Cool isn't it. Tales of Symphonia is probably based on ancient Norse myth with a bit of a twist.

THat is really interesting. ^^; I like anceint gods and mythology and stuff, it's interesting if you research it.

Kenny_C.002

Welcome to Rokkenjima
    Years
  • You can disable the boulder first, go back to a town (shouldn't be tough with the EC), and buy a level 2 EX gem for 100 grade. That might be your best choice right now.

as for Efreet and Sylphs: 3 melee characters + Raine all set to "scatter". Trust me, I took them (them I mean Sylphs) out with +20 grade. btw, try to time your attacks so they chain with the end of your allies' attacks so efreet stays staggered (or be cheap and just go a, a, *angel feathers*, defend to cancel angel feathers, repeat to go for infinite combo...but I have to tell you that it's difficult to pull off without hurting yourself seriously first...and he needs to be in a corner...well actually that's how you beat nearly all of the 4-on-1 matches for the +10/+20 grade ratings).

As for the Sylphs, it shouldn't be a problem if Raine maddingly casts nurse while the rest of hte characters have 1-on-1s with each sylph.

Zapchu

Da' Evolution Chu
    Years
  • You can replace the skill by putting a different EX Gem onto it.

Man...having 1000 needles for dinner must hurt.
    Tales of Symphonia

Did anyone get past the Book of the Underworld side quest? =-=; I keep on dying...argh!

Kenny_C.002

Welcome to Rokkenjima
    Years
  • Apparently the sidequest shouldn't be tackled until you're like at level 75 or so (did I mention you should be able to beat Abyssion relatively easily?). So I didn't bother with it the first time through. Second time, I'm not there yet. lol

Kenny_C.002

Welcome to Rokkenjima
    Years
  • I forgot to fight him when I played the first time through (last form). So yeah...lol

Anyway, basically at the end you get Lloyd's ultimate weapon.

Zapchu

Da' Evolution Chu
    Years
  • I finished that Book of Underworld thing. It seems like I lacked patience before and chose the wrong options for each floor. All my characters seemed to level up 5 levels after I finished that extra stage! Now they are all level 100 or above.

I don't get the Devil's Arm weapons...I read somewhere that said you had to make them into powerful weapons, but starting off, they are already REALLY powerful. I beat the final boss in less than a minute. These are some extremely powerful weapons...I wish I had them in the beginning. :)

Back