• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Team Elemental

Should we start mapping now or wait for the new tiles?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Jan 7, 2016
To team elemental: Here is how Pokemon Shadowstone will start:

Spoiler:

Constructive criticism is welcome, but pure criticism is just plain annoying.

Crysalus

Rides a mantine to school.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Dec 27, 2010
Mew, I like it, only thing I can see is if that's the real text you are gonna use, I'd take out all of the extra exclamation marks in [rival]'s speech, as sometimes too many can get annoying.

Years
  • Seen Jan 7, 2016
Yeah, you can take them out. I just like typing tons and tons of exclamation marks in every sentence!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Just to prove my point)

To DoomLucario: See you later!!! :):):)

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
Years
I think I've found 2 potential tile inserters. Nobody PMd me back so I have no idea if they're interested or not sorry people.

r0bert

Quitifyingly awesome.
Years
hackdeoxys; no i used a rombase but im good with the block editor
BTW thanks for letting me join :D
Edit i can be online till ten
and pliz gimme sumpin to map im bored
ps use kyledoves tiles they rock

Last edited:

Diho

Beginning Game Creator
Years
  • Seen May 22, 2011
To team elemental: Here is how Pokemon Shadowstone will start:

As [player] comes out of his house, he goes to lab, overhears conversation about [professor] doing field work and tries to leave the town. He hears a "HEY!!!" and runs to 1st route. He sees [professor] being attacked by team azure grunts. His Pokemon is defeated. Then [rival] comes and says: 'Hey [player]! Guess what? I was told by [professor] to take theses Pokemon and- (cut off by team azure grunt) GO AWAY!!! WE DON'T NEED ANY MEDDLING KIDS!!! [rival]: Hey!!! You're attacking the professor!!! [player], take a pokemon, we'll battle them!!! (Battle ensues) What? How dare you beat my precious Munchlax! [rival] "Ha!!! good job, [player]!!! Not as good as me, of course!!!" (you go back to lab, prof. says good job, keep the Pokemon, blablabla, end.)

Next thing is, if I read it well, is to check whether or not mewtwo broke free. That could look like this:
Prof congratulates you, but then becomes more serious. "You saved me, but we have a problem far more complicated than some grunts kidnapping me." Problem of getting to the cerulean cave; I thought it might be able to go by boat, but If you can script it, another idea could be a 'flying'script with you and the prof on the back of the same pokemon.
Well, anyway, when you get there, people are standing there, astonished.
And then, he walks by. It's the team Azure boss. Even he seems to be wondering, but he also has an evil grin.
He sees the two of you, wonders why the prof is still running around freely, then leaves the scene. Then suddenly, everything is black.
Now, you can see mewtwo, and yourself. He speaks:
'You look wondered? Ah, yes, you are amazed. Relax. This is a dream, you áre asleep. I'm in your mind. And I'm going to give you a message, one you will not forget soon, maybe not even as long as you live. I am powerfull. Maybe the most powerfull creature on this planet. Universe. You created me. And therefore I owe you a thanks. But you made me a slave. You locked me up, you tried to use me. You forgot. I ám still powerfull. More powerfull than you. So I broke free. Again. And now, I will make sure that this was the last time I had to break free. You can no longer force me to be your slave. I am now free. Mewtwo is free. Mew? Mew is doomed.'
Light comes again, and you are surrounded by a lot of people.
What happened, asks the prof?
He understands before you speak. A vision, a dream.
You return to the lab. He sends you on a mission. Finding out what Team Azure's plans are, and keep an eye on mewtwo all the same.
Your journey, it starts there.

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
Years
@r0bert
No mapping will be done until we have the tiles we need. Which rombase did you use? We could possibly use it too.

@Diho
Nice story. Would you like to be a storyline artist?
Except one minor thing: There are 2 evil teams, Team Azure and Team Nova.
Team Azure are on Mew's side and Team Nova are on Mewtwo's side.

Thanks.

Diho

Beginning Game Creator
Years
  • Seen May 22, 2011
Ah, so that's something I haven't noticed. Glad you liked it anyway, I took a risk not knowing everything.
And, yep, I'd love to join.

What do you want the player's storyline to be?
Able to choose a side, switching sides, or battling both, like Aqua and magma?
Thanks in advance.

r0bert

Quitifyingly awesome.
Years
actually i don't know at all
my cousin emailed it to me
and it's a ruby rombase so i suggest you use kyledoves tiles they rock

Diho

Beginning Game Creator
Years
  • Seen May 22, 2011
Oh, and, if I may express my criticism:
The houses in the hometownmap that don't have doors annoy me. Nobody builds a building which you can't enter?
Or am I wrong, I don't know the tileset, so I might just be blind or unable to see the doors?

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
Years
Hey, I think I can work on this stuff.

Skills: Mapper, Tile Inserter, Tile Maker
Proof of Work: http://img192.imageshack.us/i/route2.png/
Past Experience: My own hacks, none public yet
Contact info: [email protected]

If you need more email me. Also, i'm not very good with buildings, just okay. Finally, I'm better at inserting than making.

Great! Finally a tile maker/editer. You're absolutely on the team! We'll get started right away. There's a tree in the attachement. Please insert it and make it replace one of the trees in a Firered rom. You don't need an IPS patch because we havn't done anything yet. Thanks.

r0bert

Quitifyingly awesome.
Years
hackdeoxys i fixed the mountain clashes in the starter town
i did it in paint though but you get the idea

Attachments

• map123.png
    map123.png
    23.3 KB · Views: 24

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
Years
I don't think we'll do that, there's a bunch of tile errors.
The starter town is subject to change anyways.

Last edited:

Diho

Beginning Game Creator
Years
  • Seen May 22, 2011
Can I try edit your map?
I think I can do it, and otherwise, just forget I tried.

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
Years
I think we're waiting for agentgeo to finish to first few tiles, then we'll get started. We don't need to do much tile editing/inserting to be able to remake the starter town.

I'll try my best at it, thanks!
Great! Thanks. PM me N IPS patch when you're done. I'm gonna go offline soon, but I'll be online again in a few hours.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 27
  • OH
  • Seen Feb 26, 2024
New Trees

O.K. Here's a pic of the new trees, without any palete editing. HackDeoxys, i'll send you an IPS.

Last edited:

r0bert

Quitifyingly awesome.
Years
tiles

These are the tiles i used

i dunno where they are from
and i could try a hero overworld

Attachments

• spritel.zip
    52.9 KB · Views: 11

Diho

Beginning Game Creator
Years
  • Seen May 22, 2011
Looks good, but somehow I do have a feeling that those trees don't really fit in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back