• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Team Elemental

Should we start mapping now or wait for the new tiles?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen Feb 26, 2024
    Diho, I didn't edit the paletes yet, so of course it looks wierd and out of place.

I think that also other than tiling, I can do some small Overworlding, attached is an example...

Last edited:

Diho

Beginning Game Creator
    Years
    • Seen May 22, 2011
    Of course I meant yours, agentgeo, I didn't see any trees in Roberts post.
    But indeed, you're right. I think I misunderstood the "with any palette editing".

r0bert

Quitifyingly awesome.
    Years
  • cant see them ill post them again
    and the name's R0bert

Attachments

• Tileset0.png
      Tileset0.png
      13.6 KB · Views: 13
    • Tileset4.png
      Tileset4.png
      11.5 KB · Views: 11
    Last edited:

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
  • @ everyone who'se bored:
    The tiles for Moon Village and the first few routes are almost done, we'll be able to start mapping and scripting soon, and we'll make new tiles whenever we need them.

Diho

Beginning Game Creator
    Years
    • Seen May 22, 2011
    If you think it's usefull I could start working on your storyline, do need to know some stuff:
    Ah, so that's something I haven't noticed. Glad you liked it anyway, I took a risk not knowing everything.
    And, yep, I'd love to join.

What do you want the player's storyline to be?
    Able to choose a side, switching sides, or battling both, like Aqua and magma?
    Thanks in advance.
    And besides that, a kind of a direction to start with would be nice. What would you want your game to be like?

And r0bert, sorry!

r0bert

Quitifyingly awesome.
    Years
  • LIGHTBULB

i have an idea. you get an outfit of the evil team. you infiltrate the evil team and do ...somthing to stop them

as for the outfit you have to exchange it with the bycicle and the overworld too
    if you want i could do it

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
  • @ r0bert
    Good idea

@ Diho
    You fight both of the evil teams, like aqua and magma.

@everyone
    agentgeo says he should have the tree tiles done by monday.
    EDIT: Sorry I was wrong. agentgeo is now gonna send me and IPS patch with the completed trees. I'll do a bit of block editing, agentgeo I want him to edit the color of the ground, then we'll be ready to map the first bit.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 7, 2016
    @ r0bert: Did you get that idea from HG/SS or G/S/C? Because we don't want to copy much from other Pokemon games that already exsist.

Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen Feb 26, 2024
    New Idea!

I had this great idea! You know how all legendaries have chosen to side with Mew or Mewtwo in the game, well, I was thinking that you have to chose a side as well, and you have to go and convince some legendaries to join Mew/Mewtwo's side, with a script that depending on how you answer, it will decide their choice of side.

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
  • agentgeo is done the trees. Opinions, anyone? No stealing. We'll be ready to map soon.

Spoiler:

Diho

Beginning Game Creator
    Years
    • Seen May 22, 2011
    Sorry, I probably just have to get used to it, but it's still a kind of out of place.
    I think I'm more a pure tileset type. That's just my style, but I can change.
    But it is a really great job of tile-inserting, so I owe you a compliment agentgeo.

And about the storyline, the idea is clear.
    Do I have freedom?
    In that way, I can add things like what r0bert suggested. Teaming up with one team to beat the other team, infiltrating in teams, the two teams teaming up against you or .. well that was enough team for one sentence, just let me know.
    And, sorry, my brain is damaged lol, did you want me to map or not?

r0bert

Quitifyingly awesome.
    Years
  • i like the trees a lot but the colours look a little too unnatural for trees

@pwnagemew: yes i got the idea from hg/ss but my idea was a little
    more stealth like when you get seen withoute the (insert evil team name here)outfit on you get warped out or somthing like that

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen Feb 26, 2024
    New Tiles????

Do you have any more tiles for me to insert or make?

Last edited:

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
  • Not for now. We'll insert new tiles whenever we need them. Beta One will go up to the first gym.
    EDIT: We're ready to map! Moon Village is made, remade and improved with new blocks, tiles and palettes. Opinions, anyone?
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

r0bert

Quitifyingly awesome.
    Years
  • i was mapping a bit for myself and made this

like it?

@ hackdeoxys great but there are a lot of tile errors and the tree colours are too bright in my opinion

Attachments

• utopia town.png
      utopia town.png
      19.3 KB · Views: 18
    Last edited:

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
  • @ robert
    Nice map I like it. Tile errors? Really? I didn't notice. I'll send you an IPS patch once the trees are fixed, culd you fix them?

@ agentgeo
    I have a job for you. Could you darken the trees just a bit? I'll PM you an IPS patch.

Last edited:

r0bert

Quitifyingly awesome.
    Years
  • okay ill fix them but its mostly the mountains

and the map is UTOPI TOWN -The town closest to peace

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
  • UPDATE: Changed my mind. I posted this map on the MRT and got a few reviews. I'll do what I can to fix them, then send it to you, OK? But first, I'm gonna ask agentgeo to darken the palettes.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back