• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Team Elemental

Should we start mapping now or wait for the new tiles?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
Years
  • No let's wait 'till all the new tiles are perfect, then we can map. To be honest, I wasn't expecting such low ratings on the MRT. I guess the map isn't as good as I thought. Once we've fixed it, we can continue.

Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    Yeah, I'll darken the tiles, and I think that the starter town still has some errors, withe mountains overlapping and stuff. I can fix if you like?

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
  • I have a question for all team members. Did you even like the starter town? If you think it's not good, we can restart from scratch. Ideas? I now think it's a better idea to make this more like a typical starter town.

EDIT: I'm gonna totally re-map the starter town, then we can work on the tiles. I'll use the pallet town tileset this time.

Last edited:

Diho

Beginning Game Creator
    Years
    • Seen May 22, 2011
    Okay, I think that's a good idea.
    Make it a bit smaller would be my first advise.
    Or less houses at least.

It's called moon village right?

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
  • @ agentgeo
    Before. I totally re-mapped the whole thing already. It has pallet town tiles, a beach, no mountains, and only a few houses. Once it's tested for border errors, I'll post it. Then you can darken the trees, and then we'll be ready to map.

@ r0bert
    I want you to map route 1 once we're ready, since you said that you're really bored.

@ everyone
    Since agentgeo said he's not good at making/inserting buildings, I hired another tile inserter, hackerofdarkness. It will be his job to insert the buildings.
    If you guys want, you can all design your own version of the Pokemon Center, Pokemon Mart, and Ticket Center (to buy airplane, ferry and train tickets) and then we'll decide whose design is best. Please participate, all members.

Thanks.

Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    O.K.

Also, I'll design those building like you said. What is the ticket house specifically for?(What vehicle?)

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
  • @ agentgeo
    All three vehicles.

@ everyone
    Here's the map. Please rate.
    Spoiler:

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
  • Wow! That's amazing! We'll most probably use that! I thought we could make all three houses (PC, Mart, TC) the same size and shape, it would be easier. Do you think that's a good idea?

P.S. Is anyone here good at making warps? I need to make the warps for the starter town.

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
  • Alright I think we'll use those. We'll insert them once route 1 is done so we can use them for the first city. I'm just gonna make a few edits to the map, then I'll PM you an IPS patch.

P.S. Starting in a few hours, I won't have internet connection for a few days. I'm sorry guys. PwnageMew will probably take care of the thread.

Thanks.

EDIT:
    @ agentgeo
    There's a thread in the Rom Hacking section called Tile/Pallet rating thread. Why don't you post your three centers there? We could see what the public thinks.

r0bert

Quitifyingly awesome.
    Years
  • i hav an idea for the normal houses we could use the same map to keep more space for features
    example

@agentgeo; in my oppinion the houses are too small and simple but they are original

Attachments

• Team Elemental
      pokm.png
      8.1 KB · Views: 8
    Last edited:

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
  • Mabye. That would be really confusing. But we should decide as a team. And we'd have to remake the all the inside maps, because A-Map doesn't have Cut 'n Paste.

EDIT: Actually, no because it would be hard to manage hundreds of warps on one map.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back