• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Team Stone (Recruiting)

Years
    • Seen Jan 12, 2012
    I just spent ages replying but it was deleted accidently D:

In a much simpler Version:
    Yes you can do the map
    crebirk can do the second town

We are going to aim towards Beta 0.1 which is more of a checkpoint then a real beta.

That will have the storyline where you get your starter, battle your friend who got the one weak to you, then go to the next town and battle an arrogant guy who got the one strong against you. Read the basic storyline on the first page for more detail.

We need 5 maps,
    Inside bedroom, Inside house, First Town, Route 1, Second Town

We need 7 Pokemon including data, sprites, backsprites and party screen icons:
    Propheed, Pupyre, Caldur, Cadulus, Lycan, Larvamp and Narcain.

We need overworlds of your friend, you and the guy from the next town.

We need trainer sprites of your friend and the guy from the next town.

I have also made some new sprites, backsprites for the remaining starters :
    Team Stone (Recruiting)

Team Stone (Recruiting)

And a sprite for Lycan who you find on the first route, a werewolf and a counterpart to Cadulus.
    Team Stone (Recruiting)

I hate accidentally closing posts before I submit them -.-

Anyways, I won't be able to get started today like I said, sorry. I'll hopefully get it done tomorrow!

Also, about your sprites- I would understand if some people hate your style, since its NOTHING like normal pokemon, but in my opinion, it looks amazing! I love your style of spriting, for pokemon and tiles. I can tell you're still new, but theres something about your style that is very unique and will fit the storyline well!

Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2013
    I hate accidentally closing posts before I submit them -.-

Anyways, I won't be able to get started today like I said, sorry. I'll hopefully get it done tomorrow!

Also, about your sprites- I would understand if some people hate your style, since its NOTHING like normal pokemon, but in my opinion, it looks amazing! I love your style of spriting, for pokemon and tiles. I can tell you're still new, but theres something about your style that is very unique and will fit the storyline well!

It doesn't matter if you dont get the map done today it'll get done when it gets done. Also, Thanks alot! didn't realize that my style was that far out from pokemon but as long as its not terrible, uniqueness is usually a good thing IMO. I was thinking about re-spriting all of the old pokemon I use in the game to make them fit better, so this streghnthens my resolve to do that.

EDIT:

So, I've scratch sprited Ralts, who will appear in the game cause I like him/her.
    Team Stone (Recruiting)

I quite like the sprite, and I do think that none of game freak's Ralts sprites are happy enough.

I've also teamed gamet freaks Gen 3 ralts with Larvamp, and mine with Larvamp, to see if it fits better.
    Team Stone (Recruiting)

I think this conclusively proves that my sprites do not fit with game freaks sprites, so it would be best if I re-sprited all the old pokemon we use.

EDIT AGAIN: Yay new Userbars!

Team Stone (Recruiting)

Team Stone (Recruiting)

Team Stone (Recruiting)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 12, 2012
    It doesn't matter if you dont get the map done today it'll get done when it gets done. Also, Thanks alot! didn't realize that my style was that far out from pokemon but as long as its not terrible, uniqueness is usually a good thing IMO. I was thinking about re-spriting all of the old pokemon I use in the game to make them fit better, so this streghnthens my resolve to do that.

EDIT:

So, I've scratch sprited Ralts, who will appear in the game cause I like him/her.
    Team Stone (Recruiting)

I quite like the sprite, and I do think that none of game freak's Ralts sprites are happy enough.

I've also teamed gamet freaks Gen 3 ralts with Larvamp, and mine with Larvamp, to see if it fits better.
    Team Stone (Recruiting)

I think this conclusively proves that my sprites do not fit with game freaks sprites, so it would be best if I re-sprited all the old pokemon we use.

EDIT AGAIN: Yay new Userbars!

Team Stone (Recruiting)

Team Stone (Recruiting)

Team Stone (Recruiting)

Wow, that's a really good scratch! IMO it looks better than original Ralts xD
    But yeah, I agree that all the original GameFreak pokemon should be resprited.

And guess what! I'm gonna do the map tomorrow! Yay! :D

---
    Yay new Userbars! I'll put them in my sig after my Pokemon Zombies info is released. Its a side project I'm working on, its gonna be really unique. Like extremely unique. Barely even gonna be pokemon anymore. >:D
    If you wanna know more, check the "progressing hacks" page on October 31st. It'll be posted there.

Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2013
    Wow, that's a really good scratch! IMO it looks better than original Ralts xD
    But yeah, I agree that all the original GameFreak pokemon should be resprited.

And guess what! I'm gonna do the map tomorrow! Yay! :D

---
    Yay new Userbars! I'll put them in my sig after my Pokemon Zombies info is released. Its a side project I'm working on, its gonna be really unique. Like extremely unique. Barely even gonna be pokemon anymore. >:D
    If you wanna know more, check the "progressing hacks" page on October 31st. It'll be posted there.

Thanks, I'm really looking forward to seeing the map, and as many people as we can get with the userbars the better. I'll be sure to check out the Pokemon Zombies thing tommorow :)

I tried to resprite Drillbur, and the result leaves much to be desired, but I cant be bothered trying to fix it now, I'll do more when I'm better at spriting.

Team Stone (Recruiting)

EDIT: I sprited the evolution of Larvamp, I'm reasonably happy with it...
    Team Stone (Recruiting)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 12, 2012
    Thanks, I'm really looking forward to seeing the map, and as many people as we can get with the userbars the better. I'll be sure to check out the Pokemon Zombies thing tommorow :)

I tried to resprite Drillbur, and the result leaves much to be desired, but I cant be bothered trying to fix it now, I'll do more when I'm better at spriting.

Team Stone (Recruiting)

EDIT: I sprited the evolution of Larvamp, I'm reasonably happy with it...
    Team Stone (Recruiting)

I think it looks pretty good, but I agree that it needs work. Like, the shoulders are odd looking, and the nose isn't angled right...it looks like he got hit in the face. :P

The larvamp evo won't show :(

Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2013
    I think it looks pretty good, but I agree that it needs work. Like, the shoulders are odd looking, and the nose isn't angled right...it looks like he got hit in the face. :P

The larvamp evo won't show :(

The larvamp evo is nothing special, I think I tried to be too clever for a cacoon stage.

Sorry you had trouble with the trees, they are quite hard to work out :/.

Years
    • Seen Jan 12, 2012
    The larvamp evo is nothing special, I think I tried to be too clever for a cacoon stage.

Sorry you had trouble with the trees, they are quite hard to work out :/.

I can see the image now, it looks good! Could use some better shading though.

The trees started out being a pain in the a-- (not sure about language rules on here) but now that I've got the hang of 'em, I really like them!
    Mapping will hopefully be done today, but I gotta hand out candy to the trick-or-treaters...so it'll be like:
    Okay, add these tiles here...TRICK OR TREAT!..shut up and grab a hersheys!...okay add this path here..

Haha but enough jokes lol
    I'm gonna add a beach in to the top left corner. The river flows up and then slowly gets bigger, then flows into the ocean.

The overall shape of the map is a rectangle, with longer height than width.

EDIT:
    I think that, for the rivals, the diety who visited them should be based on YOUR choice of starter. So here is a "chart":

You: Water / Girl: Fire / Boy: Grass
    You: Fire / Girl: Grass / Boy: Water
    You: Grass / Girl: Water / Boy: Fire

For all the boy's battles, it could be scripted like:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2013
    I can see the image now, it looks good! Could use some better shading though.

The trees started out being a pain in the a-- (not sure about language rules on here) but now that I've got the hang of 'em, I really like them!
    Mapping will hopefully be done today, but I gotta hand out candy to the trick-or-treaters...so it'll be like:
    Okay, add these tiles here...TRICK OR TREAT!..shut up and grab a hersheys!...okay add this path here..

Haha but enough jokes lol
    I'm gonna add a beach in to the top left corner. The river flows up and then slowly gets bigger, then flows into the ocean.

The overall shape of the map is a rectangle, with longer height than width.

EDIT:
    I think that, for the rivals, the diety who visited them should be based on YOUR choice of starter. So here is a "chart":

You: Water / Girl: Fire / Boy: Grass
    You: Fire / Girl: Grass / Boy: Water
    You: Grass / Girl: Water / Boy: Fire

For all the boy's battles, it could be scripted like:
    Spoiler:

Sorry I posted a massive reply to this, but it got deleted, I'll re-type it tommorow.

EDIT: Right, this is me re-typeing it.

I'll go through it in order.

If you meant that the shading on the actual body is off, I'll try to fix it, but if you meant on the mouth or the big eyes, it's meant to be like that. You see, the big uspide down eyes are not real eyes, the real eyes are the two black dots at the top. In the same way, the mouth is not a real mouth, they are both just markings to intimidate their predators. (No prizes for guessing what this pokemons ability is :P)

The map sounds really good, just like I wanted it so I'm really looking forward to seeing that.

About the deitys for your rivals, although your idea is really good I do not think it would work for a couple of reasons.

Firstly you meet your diety before getting your starter in the proffessor sequence, and if you saw Zeus (Related to grass starter) in the seqence then picked the fire starter, your diety would be Hades from then on, and that would leave a massive plot hole.

Secondly, the order which you free the deities is as follows:

Hades (Fire)
    Posiden (Water)
    Zeus (Electr/Flying but symbolicly related to oak trees in greek mythology so fits the grass starter)

This order makes sense, since it is in reverse order of importance and the locations you find them in (Mt Vesuvius in first region, Sea between regions, Mt olympus in second region respectivly) also suggests this order. If the diety which was yours and which ones were your rivals swapped round depending on the starter, if you picked the fire starter you would free your deity first, and it makes more logical sense to free yours at the climax of the story.

It was a good idea though, and most of the arguments against it didn't exist outside of my head so I am to blame :)

Looking forward to seeing the map :)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 12, 2012
    Sorry I posted a massive reply to this, but it got deleted, I'll re-type it tommorow.

EDIT: Right, this is me re-typeing it.

I'll go through it in order.

If you meant that the shading on the actual body is off, I'll try to fix it, but if you meant on the mouth or the big eyes, it's meant to be like that. You see, the big uspide down eyes are not real eyes, the real eyes are the two black dots at the top. In the same way, the mouth is not a real mouth, they are both just markings to intimidate their predators. (No prizes for guessing what this pokemons ability is :P - intimidate! :D

The map sounds really good, just like I wanted it so I'm really looking forward to seeing that.

About the deitys for your rivals, although your idea is really good I do not think it would work for a couple of reasons.

Firstly you meet your diety before getting your starter in the proffessor sequence, and if you saw Zeus (Related to grass starter) in the seqence then picked the fire starter, your diety would be Hades from then on, and that would leave a massive plot hole.

Secondly, the order which you free the deities is as follows:

Hades (Fire)
    Posiden (Water)
    Zeus (Electr/Flying but symbolicly related to oak trees in greek mythology so fits the grass starter)

This order makes sense, since it is in reverse order of importance and the locations you find them in (Mt Vesuvius in first region, Sea between regions, Mt olympus in second region respectivly) also suggests this order. If the diety which was yours and which ones were your rivals swapped round depending on the starter, if you picked the fire starter you would free your deity first, and it makes more logical sense to free yours at the climax of the story.

It was a good idea though, and most of the arguments against it didn't exist outside of my head so I am to blame :)

Looking forward to seeing the map :)

Oh, no, the shading is perfectly fine! I originally viewed it on my Wii browser, which has TERRIBLE colors. Or maybe its just the crappy TV i use it for :P I have a really nice TV, but, I plug my Wii into the crappy one. I hate the Wii.

Anyways... I understand what you mean, I didn't realize it worked that way. It would leave too many holes. So, nevermind :)

I'm finishing the map right now, should be done in about 15 - 30 minutes :)

FINISHED THE MAP!

Here it is guys. I hope you like it.

Team Stone (Recruiting)

Please give suggestions!

The Villas are spread out like that because i thought it would look more natural and towny, rather than a squarish pattern.

The beach should connect to another map later on, that has a bunch of trainers on it and some OW pokeballs (with items inside.) Kinda like a "Battle Beach" :) I made it so that its not accessable without Surf.

I made two shops instead of one, because I thought it would fill out the map a bit more. I was thinking that maybe one of them could sell you just one thing instead of being a full mart, like maybe even a running shoes seller, so you have to buy the running shoes. Just an idea though.

The stairs in the Villas are SUPPOSED to be black inside, but whoever inserted them messed up a bit, so they're yellowish instead. Can someone please fix it?

The bottom right corner is purposely left empty. I was having a lot of trouble with making a big group of trees, so could someone please fill in that area with trees for me? Lol.

The middle piece of land that extends into the water a little bit, I added that because I thought it would look nice for an event. Maybe you could have one of the Dieties or some other legendary being fly down to that spot at some point? Again, just an idea.

I'm not sure what to put in the top right corner.. I just kept it empty in case we decide to put something specific there.

DOWNLOADS (click)
    .map file (to import into Advancemap)
    block tileset 1(to import into Advancemap)
    block tileset 2(to import into Advancemap)

How to insert my map

1. go to advancemap
    2. go to the Pallet Town map (3.0)
    3. go to File > Map... > Open Map...
    4. choose the file "starter town.map"
    5. click the save button
    YOU WILL NOTICE SOME MESSED UP / BLACK BLOCKS. This is because I edited some tiles to fix them and make them look better, and added new ones! Continue the steps to fix the problem.
    6. go to the Block Editor (purple puzzle piece)
    7. go to Blocks > Load Tileset 1
    8. choose the file "Tileset0.bvd"
    9. go to Blocks > Load Tileset 2
    10. choose the file "Tileset1.bvd"
    11. close out the block editor
    12. click "Yes"

Done, the map is now fully inserted, along with the fixed tiles :)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2013
    Oh, no, the shading is perfectly fine! I originally viewed it on my Wii browser, which has TERRIBLE colors. Or maybe its just the crappy TV i use it for :P I have a really nice TV, but, I plug my Wii into the crappy one. I hate the Wii.

Anyways... I understand what you mean, I didn't realize it worked that way. It would leave too many holes. So, nevermind :)

I'm finishing the map right now, should be done in about 15 - 30 minutes :)

FINISHED THE MAP!

Here it is guys. I hope you like it.​

Team Stone (Recruiting)

Please give suggestions!​

How to insert my map

1. go to advancemap
    2. go to the Pallet Town map (3.0)
    3. go to File > Map... > Open Map...
    4. choose the file "starter town.map"
    5. click the save button
    YOU WILL NOTICE SOME MESSED UP / BLACK BLOCKS. This is because I edited some tiles to fix them and make them look better, and added new ones! Continue the steps to fix the problem.
    6. go to the Block Editor (purple puzzle piece)
    7. go to Blocks > Load Tileset 1
    8. choose the file "Tileset0.bvd"
    9. go to Blocks > Load Tileset 2
    10. choose the file "Tileset1.bvd"
    11. close out the block editor
    12. click "Yes"

Done, the map is now fully inserted, along with the fixed tiles :)

Sorry I didn't reply for a while, I've been very busy and I will be for some time, so I may be slightly less active. It is a very nice map, the beach and sea look very natural, and the houses look right in the places you put them in.

The multiple market stalls is a good idea, because I doubt stall owners would not set up their stall cause there was someone else there, but I kind of feel like its the sort of thing which should be implemented in a later town rather then the first one... I'm not sure. Apart from the fact that there needs to be more trees, which I will add in, I'm very happy with everything else, although there are some tiles which I thought could work but don't, like the bottom of the stalls and the bottom of the second planks into the villas. Also, I will fix the yellowy stairs thing, it was me that made that mistake, I noticed it and meant to fix it earlier but I forgot.

Years
    • Seen Jan 12, 2012
    Sorry I didn't reply for a while, I've been very busy and I will be for some time, so I may be slightly less active. It is a very nice map, the beach and sea look very natural, and the houses look right in the places you put them in.

The multiple market stalls is a good idea, because I doubt stall owners would not set up their stall cause there was someone else there, but I kind of feel like its the sort of thing which should be implemented in a later town rather then the first one... I'm not sure. Apart from the fact that there needs to be more trees, which I will add in, I'm very happy with everything else, although there are some tiles which I thought could work but don't, like the bottom of the stalls and the bottom of the second planks into the villas. Also, I will fix the yellowy stairs thing, it was me that made that mistake, I noticed it and meant to fix it earlier but I forgot.

Yeah, it probably should be in a later town instead.
    I came up with the idea because I was trying to find a way to fill more empty space, and it came to me. Maybe you could put some trees in the top right corner to replace that stall.

I'm really sorry I can't do the trees. I can do small lines of them, but making a huge pattern of them was making me go insane. :P I don't think you should remove them though, I like them. I'll figure them out one day ;)

Also, I think that at some point (not needed right now, but eventually) you should remake the grass tiles. Or maybe just a recolor, to make them a bit darker. They just seem quite dull to me, compared to the brighter colors of your custom tiles.

It might just be me though. I agree with the villa planks, that line there needs to be removed. Basically you just need to make a new tile that's the same, without the line on the side.

As for the stall bottoms, I think it looks okay. When something sticks into grass, the round (or pointed) part of it doesn't show, causing it to appear "flat" behind the grass. The stalls look like that.
    So i think for now, the only thing you need to fix is the villa planks and the entrances.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2013
    Sorry it took such a long time, I was busy, then the map file wouldn't work, and I wasn't in the mood to try and make it work so I just copied it tile by tile. I also added some trees, and fixed some tiles.

This one is without any changes by me, so you, lolwhet, can put this on your moonfruity thing which looks really good by the way. Your map would have looked like this without tile messes up I had.
    Team Stone (Recruiting)

It's new name is Port Antide by the way, so you can put that on moonfruit.

And here it is with the trees:
    Team Stone (Recruiting)

Any suggestions?

M.L

Invisible
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2017
    Ohk those building dont seem as houses so i if they arnt there are to many of them. the trees i feel they are too dark and lackign detail :/ that may just be me tho :/ but great job on this also try taking up the space on the map :D

Years
    • Seen Jan 12, 2012
    Ohk those building dont seem as houses so i if they arnt there are to many of them. the trees i feel they are too dark and lackign detail :/ that may just be me tho :/ but great job on this also try taking up the space on the map :D

They look dark because of the contrast with the grass. When the grass tiles are remade, the color of the trees will look better.

However, I agree that they need a bit more detail on them, but its not something that needs to be done right away.

Poseidon, can you upload the map file? I need to fix some things with the pathway in the top right and bottom right.

Last edited:

crebirk

This is Halloween
    Years
  • Sorry I've been gone for so long refresh me on what I need to do and I'll get it done first chance I get

Edit:4 days without reply.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2013
    Sorry, I have important exams at school so I will be unable to do anything for a while, so you lot can take a break aswell.

Caleb1531

Pkmn Trainer Caleb
    Years
  • Hey I'm covering for crebirk. I'll have him confirm this at some point

Skills:
    Mapping
    Composing/Music
    Misc.

Proof of Work (not necessary immediately):
    Sorry Don't have any

Time Zone:
    -4:00

A little about yourself:
    Why do people keep asking me this! I don't need any more stalkers!

crebirk

This is Halloween
    Years
  • Hey I'm covering for crebirk. I'll have him confirm this at some point

Skills:
    Mapping
    Composing/Music
    Misc.

Proof of Work (not necessary immediately):

Sorry Don't have any

Time Zone:

-4:00​

A little about yourself:
    Why do people keep asking me this! I don't need any more stalkers!
    Yeah I confirm. Sorry I've been very busy

Years
    • Seen Jan 12, 2012
    I hope this team didnt die.
    Lately i have been very ivolved with setting up my Minecraft server, which is taking a lot of time and dedication.
    Also, my grades are getting a little low so i need to devote the majority of my time to schoolwork.

When winter break comes in two weeks, I'll jump start this team again, cause it seems like its dying and someone needs to revive it.

Sorry for the lack of communication!

Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2013
    I hope this team didnt die.
    Lately i have been very ivolved with setting up my Minecraft server, which is taking a lot of time and dedication.
    Also, my grades are getting a little low so i need to devote the majority of my time to schoolwork.

When winter break comes in two weeks, I'll jump start this team again, cause it seems like its dying and someone needs to revive it.

Sorry for the lack of communication!

Sorry, it may be dying a little and I still have loads of schoolwork like you. So, what say we all get back to work on this in the christmas holidays in two weeks?

Back