• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Dragon's Den V.4

Status
Not open for further replies.

tkallab

Should have been in Dissidia
    Years
    I'd say Salamence is too plain for a legendary. Not wise nor savage enough... And too small. Same goes for Garchomp.
    I'm such a critic.

Anyway, I made this drawing of Reshiram and Zekrom for an upcoming chapter of my comic (the cartoon head in my signature), and I'm actually quite proud of it, so I thought I'd show it off here.
    Spoiler:

I can post it here, right? Since this is the Dragon Club and all... And if not, I just change the rules, I'm a co-owner! I kid, I kid.

Dooonerz

@JackDonnellyy
    Years
    I'd say Salamence is too plain for a legendary. Not wise nor savage enough... And too small. Same goes for Garchomp.
    I'm such a critic.

Anyway, I made this drawing of Reshiram and Zekrom for an upcoming chapter of my comic (the cartoon head in my signature), and I'm actually quite proud of it, so I thought I'd show it off here.
    Spoiler:

I can post it here, right? Since this is the Dragon Club and all... And if not, I just change the rules, I'm a co-owner! I kid, I kid.

Salamence is wise enough! *goes to cry in a corner*

Niiicce, but, a bit scribbled don't you think?!

Years
    I'm such a critic.
    I actually wondering what made you say that Salamence or even Garchomp was not wise enough. Is there anything backing that statement? A Pokemon Anime episode or maybe something from the manga would satisfy us.

And size, I believe is hardly an argument for a Pokemon not to be a legendary. We have had legendary Pokemon of any size, even though Dragon type Pokemon might not have been small. Exceptions always exist, and therefore a Dragon type Pokemon of a small height can be a legendary as well.

Last edited:

Dooonerz

@JackDonnellyy
    Years

I actually wondering what made you say that Salamence or even Garchomp was not wise enough. Is there anything backing that statement? A Pokemon Anime episode or maybe something from the manga would satisfy us.

It could be because that Salamence (<3) is a very angry Dragon and here's some proof:
    It's uncontrollable if enraged. It flies around spouting flames and scorching fields and mountains.
    And I think that shows that he is rather unwise, even though he truly is awesome. <3

Years
    It could be because that Salamence (<3) is a very angry Dragon and here's some proof:

And I think that shows that he is rather unwise, even though he truly is awesome. <3
    What does someone's anger have anything to do with one's wisdom? -_-

And even if that is the case, how are Pokemon like Mewtwo, Rayquaza, Arceus, etc. considered legendary? Haven't we had more than enough instances of their wrath?

What I finally want to say is that size, wisdom ( -_- ), etc are not the basis for Pokemon being considered legendary.

dragoniteuser

The dragon master
    Years
    I don't see why any of them should be legendary...
    Legendaries suck, so why would anyone want their pretious dragons brought to theur miserable lvl?!
    'Nuff trolling, don't you think? :D

tkallab

Years
    How can you say legendaries as a group suck? Do they all have something in common, except for the fact that they are legendary?

Okay, I guess I was wrong about my arguments about Salamence, but I guess I just couln't really describe what I meant. Try replacing Rayquaza with Salamence in the Emerald cxutscene. Would he fit in? I doubt it, to be honest.
    That's probably also a bad example, isn't it..? This is a pretty hard subject.

Silhouette

On my way to Viridian City ♪
    Years
    I'm such a critic.
    *coughMewCelebiJirachiAzelfUxieMespritcough*

I think I caught something reeeeally bad while I was out in the snow. O_o
    I don't see why any of them should be legendary...
    Legendaries suck, so why would anyone want their pretious dragons brought to theur miserable lvl?!
    'Nuff trolling, don't you think? :D
    I think that it's extremely biased to simply say that legendaries suck just because they are legendaries. Beside, most of the 'legend' stuff that includes legendaries are just myths (i.e. we don't really know if Kyogre/Groudon created the sea/land, respectively).

I guess it's being very prejudice, which I'm strongly against (even if it is just Pokemon XD).

Years
    How can you say legendaries as a group suck? Do they all have something in common, except for the fact that they are legendary?
    I think that it's extremely biased to simply say that legendaries suck just because they are legendaries. Beside, most of the 'legend' stuff that includes legendaries are just myths (i.e. we don't really know if Kyogre/Groudon created the sea/land, respectively).

I guess it's being very prejudice, which I'm strongly against (even if it is just Pokemon XD).

You two can't even take a simple joke on dragoniteuser's part. XD

Okay, I guess I was wrong about my arguments about Salamence, but I guess I just couln't really describe what I meant. Try replacing Rayquaza with Salamence in the Emerald cxutscene. Would he fit in? I doubt it, to be honest.
    That's probably also a bad example, isn't it..? This is a pretty hard subject.
    You know what? Even if Rayquaza would be replaced with Latios in that scene, he wouldn't fit in. And Latios happens to be a legendary Pokemon. Get what I mean?

tkallab

Years
    Darn it, now I feel the need to start a discussion about what makes a legendary a legendary, but I can't because this is the Dragon's Den...

Anyway, I can totally see Dragonair hiding in a holy lake or something.

tkallab

Years
    Ummm, do I add the members now or does Amore still do that? We're kind of in a confusing situation right now...

Silhouette

On my way to Viridian City ♪
    Years
    Could I please be a member? :) I love dragon types, especially after acquiring a Dragonite..
    Welcome to the Den!
    Ummm, do I add the members now or does Amore still do that? We're kind of in a confusing situation right now...
    Yeah, you can make a list wherever you want, I can just link it in the first post.

dragoniteuser

The dragon master
    Years
    No, they don't. Dragons are the most powerful Pokemon you'll find. So it's perfecty natural for them to take a while to evolve. Naturally, this doesn't mean that game-freak went overboard with the latest generation, cause lvl.70 for a moth is just too hogh, no matter hoe good the Pokemon is.

Xilfer

Just won't die.
    Years
    Hey, I'm back, hope Draggy told ya i'd be gone.
    Anyway as for the topic: the ne gen Vs evolve too slowly, it takes so long for them to reach their final form i mean, it's really anoying, dragons aren't the only ones, loads of cool pokemon take a century to get too. :(

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back