• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Dragon's Den V.4

Status
Not open for further replies.

dragoniteuser

The dragon master
    Years
    So that's it then...I like fictional dragons the best! i.e. those and pokemon dragons...

although technically all dragons can be seen as fictional

Yeah I suppose...
    But I do believe they really existed! I acctually have good, almost scientific reasons to believe that, but I won't bother you all with that! If you want to know, tell me...

Personally my favourite is the Fire drake!
    There's just something powerful about it! I can't explain it...

tkallab

Should have been in Dissidia
    Years
    Haha, I don't think it's possible for an animal to breathe fire. But I'm kind of interested, I suppose...
    And fire drakes are cool, too. They're kind of alternative to me, I've never seen a dragon without a neck before.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Yeah I suppose...
    But I do believe they really existed! I acctually have good, almost scientific reasons to believe that, but I won't bother you all with that! If you want to know, tell me...

Personally my favourite is the Fire drake!
    There's just something powerful about it! I can't explain it...

Care to share them?

If you have some to show dragons may come again...even better.

And I'm not being sarcastic, either. Provided they didn't go around mindlessly attacking people, it'd be cool if they were real.

Btw, what sort of dragon is the one out of Merlin?

dragoniteuser

The dragon master
    Years
    Haha, I don't think it's possible for an animal to breathe fire. But I'm kind of interested, I suppose...
    And fire drakes are cool, too. They're kind of alternative to me, I've never seen a dragon without a neck before.

Acctually it is scientificly proved that if they existed, they COULD have breathe fire! If you want to know how I'll tell you!
    Don't get the "without neck" thing...
    The pic of fire drake i posted has a neck, and that's only one pic!
    Here's some more:
    Spoiler:

See...?

tkallab

Years
    Ah. To me, they're just western dragons. The other one in your other post had no arms and at least looked like he didn't have a long neck from that angle. Haha, you're way outta my league.

And when do you suppose dragons could have lived? I'm not entirely sure I can believe this... But go ahead, convince me. Do your worst, haha.

dragoniteuser

The dragon master
    Years
    Very well!
    This will be a long post...
    You all know what dinosaurs were, right?
    Well according to some paletheolongists, one kind of dinosaurs by mutation(you'll learn in school that mutation is extremly important for evolution) learned to breathe fire! How is that possible you ask... There are two possible way to do this. For the first one, it's important to know that all organic beings are composed mostly of Hydrogen and carbon, right? Now hydrogen is a gas that burns with high temperature! So if dragons had ensims which would take hydrogen from food, they would be able to store it and use it to breathe fire, aswell to fly!
    Another one, comes from today's animal world. There's a bug called the bomber bee which, by combining two liquids, creates liquid with over 2000°C in matter of seconds! So it is possible that dragons had the same ability to create two chemicals in their glans to produce fire!
    But WHY do I believe they were real? Did you know that even ancient egyptians drew and wrote about dragons? so did 3000 years old chinese and japanese civilisations!
    Tell me, is it possible that civilisations that lived in Europe, africa, Asia and America (ancient Maya and Inka did the same thing) believed and made up the same creature without it acctually existed! I don't think so! Keep in mind that thay had no comunication what-so-ever, so they couldn't have just replicate believes of one nation!
    Which means they must have existed!
    Do i believe they still exist?
    Yes, but not the way you imagine tham! When the great catastrophy(giant meteorite that hit the Earth) destroyed dinosaurs, one kind survived to this day, buy going to the sea: Crocodiles! In my opinion, so did dragons! after that some dragons returned to the surface and remained there, until humans killed then all(in middle ages there were big expeditions to kill dragons,there were tools to catch them, even a science that studied them). But I think that sea dragons remained there hidden from sight, yet to be discovered! Keep in mind that only about 30% of Earth's sea has been uncovered!
    Watch documentary "Dragons world a fantasy made real". it is al fantasy made, so dragons in it aren't real! Basically it filmed in what if way, but it explains A LOT!
    Hope I explained everything, and haven't forgot about something...

Silhouette

On my way to Viridian City ♪
    Years
    Sorry about that ladies and gents, I've been busy all day. DX I'll update the current dragons. And Amore, I like your idea about not voting for 14 days after BW comes out.

Detox

Can I ask why the entire Horsea evo line isnt listed as dragons, after all they are the dragon pokemon , as listed in the pokedex.

Silhouette

On my way to Viridian City ♪
    Years
    Can I ask why the entire Horsea evo line isnt listed as dragons, after all they are the dragon pokemon , as listed in the pokedex.
    I'm going to guess that it's because they don't have any dragon typing in them; they're just sea horses. It'd be kinda like putting Trapinch up there, even though it's part of Flygon's line.

It's something to think about for a future vote, though.

tkallab

Years
    Very well!
    This will be a long post...
    You all know what dinosaurs were, right?
    Well according to some paletheolongists, one kind of dinosaurs by mutation(you'll learn in school that mutation is extremly important for evolution) learned to breathe fire! How is that possible you ask... There are two possible way to do this. For the first one, it's important to know that all organic beings are composed mostly of Hydrogen and carbon, right? Now hydrogen is a gas that burns with high temperature! So if dragons had ensims which would take hydrogen from food, they would be able to store it and use it to breathe fire, aswell to fly!
    Another one, comes from today's animal world. There's a bug called the bomber bee which, by combining two liquids, creates liquid with over 2000°C in matter of seconds! So it is possible that dragons had the same ability to create two chemicals in their glans to produce fire!
    But WHY do I believe they were real? Did you know that even ancient egyptians drew and wrote about dragons? so did 3000 years old chinese and japanese civilisations!
    Tell me, is it possible that civilisations that lived in Europe, africa, Asia and America (ancient Maya and Inka did the same thing) believed and made up the same creature without it acctually existed! I don't think so! Keep in mind that thay had no comunication what-so-ever, so they couldn't have just replicate believes of one nation!
    Which means they must have existed!
    Do i believe they still exist?
    Yes, but not the way you imagine tham! When the great catastrophy(giant meteorite that hit the Earth) destroyed dinosaurs, one kind survived to this day, buy going to the sea: Crocodiles! In my opinion, so did dragons! after that some dragons returned to the surface and remained there, until humans killed then all(in middle ages there were big expeditions to kill dragons,there were tools to catch them, even a science that studied them). But I think that sea dragons remained there hidden from sight, yet to be discovered! Keep in mind that only about 30% of Earth's sea has been uncovered!
    Watch documentary "Dragons world a fantasy made real". it is al fantasy made, so dragons in it aren't real! Basically it filmed in what if way, but it explains A LOT!
    Hope I explained everything, and haven't forgot about something...

Hmmm, of course, this isn't nearly enough proof, but it's certainly an interesting theory. And didn't you say dragons and dinosaurs are two completely different things? That's why you wanted Tyranitar gone. So what kind of dinosaur could have evolved into a dragon? (Of course, the Darwin way, not the Nintendo way, haha.) Yes, it would explain why multiple cultures knew them, but they are really too different. And how could the celestial dragon have existed? I mean, his body is just way too long and he doesn't even look like western dragons.

dragoniteuser

The dragon master
    Years
    Well there are couple of questions here, so let me tackle them one by one:
    1) I believe that dragons evolved from flying dinosaurs like Pterodactylus, or Rhamphorhynchus... Just cause they evolved from dragons, doesn't mean they're the same thing, or that they are closely connected to them, after all basically all living creatures, including humans, evolved from bacteria, does that mean we're related to it? No!
    2) Those dragons aren't so different as you may think! Mayan dragons have reptilian skin, they fly and breathe fire! So do Indian! Egyptian dragos didn't fly, but they could aswell breathe fire! There are even some sculptures and paintings of creatures similar to dragons on distant islands od Polinesia, but unfortunatly I don't know much about them...
    3) True celestial dragons are different, after all different kinds of dragons look different, but it is believed that they lived in big rivers of China and Japan, aswell as India! So if you think more about it, their body is perfect for such kind of life, and it consists with theory that dragons went to the sea and rivers when the comet hit the Earth!
    Any more questions?
    Really watch that documentary, it explains a lot!

Halcyon

peace and serenity
    Years
    Sigh. There goes Altaria. ):
    I should've voted earlier to make a tie, lol!

On topic, I'd choose the water dragon because it looks the most beautiful out of them. :X

tkallab

Years
    Dragoniteuser, the theory is very interesting, but at most only slighty credible. For starters, I can't believe dragons have lived until the middle ages. I don't think we've ever found any dragon bones, have we? And if there are still dragons alive, they're probably, more like sea serpents, or like the Lagiacrus.
    ...That's all I can think of right now, my brains can't handle the overdose of information. Sigh... If only there wasn't so much stuff we don't know.

Oh, Halcyon, you gotta admit, if Altaria wasn't dragon-typed, you would never think of it being a dragon, would you?

dragoniteuser

The dragon master
    Years
    Dragoniteuser, the theory is very interesting, but at most only slighty credible. For starters, I can't believe dragons have lived until the middle ages. I don't think we've ever found any dragon bones, have we? And if there are still dragons alive, they're probably, more like sea serpents, or like the Lagiacrus.
    ...That's all I can think of right now, my brains can't handle the overdose of information. Sigh... If only there wasn't so much stuff we don't know.

Oh, Halcyon, you gotta admit, if Altaria wasn't dragon-typed, you would never think of it being a dragon, would you?

And there's my friend where I've been waiting for you!
    It's true, no dragon bones have been found yet, or we THINK they haven't been found. You see in many museum depos, there are huge amount of, what is believed to be dinosaur bones that haven't yet been indetified. Now who says that in some of those bones doesn't lie dragon bones...
    We have yet to see what the future will bring, and will they really find or discover that the bones they already have are, in fact, dragon bones...

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    I find a lot of what you said brilliant and interesting, especially the bit about breathing fire...I wanna do that! xD

Might be awkward whilst kissing though....

However, no offence, but how comes there isn't much more evidence if they hunted them in the Middle Ages?

I mean, they must've gone extinct (except for your water-dragons, I can easily believe they're out there. Do they breathe boiling bubbles? xD) at least 3000 years ago, because around the time of Jesus, more and more people wrote....so they'd be in increasing numbers of scriptures. And there'd be dragon-killing quests on Bayeux-Tapestry-esque projects if they were around in the Middle Ages...

dragoniteuser

The dragon master
    Years
    Acctually there are! I think I wrote that before...
    I did, and I wrote that there was even science about dragons, where they drawn and described dragon's anatomy in details! So how did they do that if they weren't real!
    There were many hunting expeditions, where they used tools and weapond to hunt dragons! According to the writings, Normans were the best dragon hunters!

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Are any of these things on the internet? If you had links, that'd be cool....

Just, I can't believe we don't get taught any of this stuff (apart from the crocodiles) in school....

dragoniteuser

The dragon master
    Years
    Well all this is after all a theory, in which I believe, but I think that it's easier for general public to believe that they were a mere mith!
    Sure, you could find all this on the internet, after all google is your friend!

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Lol, I used Google Chrome, but Wikipedia is my friend, xD

I may look some of this stuff up....it's all very interesting. I trying hard not to sound skeptical, as I hardly know anything about dragons except ones in Eragon, pokemon, and that they generally look awesome.

dragoniteuser

The dragon master
    Years
    Lol, I used Google Chrome, but Wikipedia is my friend, xD

I may look some of this stuff up....it's all very interesting. I trying hard not to sound skeptical, as I hardly know anything about dragons except ones in Eragon, pokemon, and that they generally look awesome.

This is so true...
    The Dragon's Den V.4

The Dragon's Den V.4

The Dragon's Den V.4

The Dragon's Den V.4

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back