• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Dragon's Den V.4

Status
Not open for further replies.

tkallab

Should have been in Dissidia
Years
  • Yeah, but Milotic kinda looks like Dragonair... Not a Molitic-is-a-dragon supporter, I was just saying. Also, Bulbapedia says he may be based on the Loch Ness monster and/or sea dragons, but I don't really see it. It's more a sea snake or an eel or something.

Black and White spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Please, since it's out of the B/W forums, could you stick it in spoilers?

I know other clubs don't do this bar PokeSpe club....but I'm trying to keep my nose out of B/W news as much as I possible can...to make the games more fun to start with, like Emerald and Diamond, which I knew nothing about.

And I can bet there are others who feel similarly...

tkallab

Years
  • Ehe, sorry...
    Anyway, I made Altaria's list. It's more inclomplete than Lugia's, but it'll do for now.
    Could I be the official list-maker for upcoming polls? I promise I'll keep them as unbiased as possible, and I'll look at everything from both sides.

Dragon or not; Altaria

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Sure.

Better than me doing it. I'd just find all the most un-dragon-like pictures of Milotic, and most dragon-like ones of Altaria to argue with xD.

Adding that new post to the poll post ;)

tkallab

Years
  • Thanks!
    I'm just a bit worried about my arguments for Altaria not being a dragon, or the lack of them. I have a bunch of reasons why he is a bird, but only one why he isn't a dragon, being that he has a bird's physique. I can't comment on how he doesn't look like a dragon, because they don't excist and therefor don't have a zoologic description.
    Little help? Hehehe.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Ummm.....most dragons have fangs, whereas Altaria has a beak?

I suppose in the Gen III sprites (just looking at mine on my Emerald game, :P) it has 3 toes, a bit like a bird, with the general shape of a bird's feet (although more like a duck without webbing)

There aren't that many reasons, really....you can't use "it evolves from a non-dragon", or you rule out Vibrava and Flygon (who are arguably less dragon-like than Altaria, being based off bugs. Although I'm not starting that debate)

tkallab

Years
  • Hmmm... Indeed, Altaria's feet look more like duck feet, I'll add that to the list. Too bad it's got nothing to do with the current problem, but I wouldn't want any mistakes anyways.
    Oh, and nice images in your first post. Only comment is that the clouds aren't supposed to float around him, because his 4th generation sprites prove that they are indeed his wings.

Silhouette

On my way to Viridian City ♪
    Years
  • So how about we add Milotic and Tyranitar to the voting poll?
    In my opinion Tyranitar is everything but dragon, and Milotic definitly deserves that title!
    M-Milotic? The sea serpent? And I thought having Aerodactyl was a long-shot. o_o
    Please, since it's out of the B/W forums, could you stick it in spoilers?

I know other clubs don't do this bar PokeSpe club....but I'm trying to keep my nose out of B/W news as much as I possible can...to make the games more fun to start with, like Emerald and Diamond, which I knew nothing about.

And I can bet there are others who feel similarly...
    Agreed. I spoiled the living crap out of HGSS (I listened to battle music, watched videos of gameplay. Heck, I even played the rom). This made it unfun. D:

Anyway, thanks for keeping up Amore. I've been busy since getting back to school, but I'm making it a priority to get on PC at least once a day.

tkallab

Years
  • Yeah, I'm not sure about Milotic either. A sea serpent is something else than a dragon, and I think it looks more like an eel. If we ever get as far as a poll for Milotic, I'll make a list. Not that I'm asking for a poll...
    Oh, and sorry again about the spoiler.

pokeman rawr

>NoOB<
    Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2010
    thnks for welcoming us Amore.

but why the argument over what pokemon should be dragons??
    Shouldn't we keep em the same? Kinda knocks it off balance for me.

Ash_Ketchum123

That one guy
    Years
  • I'm confused.

Aren't we just voting between Lugia and Altaria?
    'Cause if we were, I'm going with Lugia, just for the fact that Lugia looks more dragon-like than Altaria, who looks more like a bird than a dragon to me.

Also, he (Lugia) has super cool eye thingies, like dragoniteuser said.

And Milotic definitely should be a dragon-type (for me) :D

Last edited:

tkallab

Years
  • Ummm, I said he had super cool eye thingies.
    pokemon rawr, I think we should reconsider what Pokemon are dragons because we just have a new thread (I joied the day before the old one closed, but still) and it's kind of a new beginning, and that's when you rearrange your stuff. But that's just my opinion.

dragoniteuser

The dragon master
    Years
  • OK I've been absent for some time just to see how the things will turn up...
    First off, to help tkallab; why altaira isn't a dragon: it doesn't have talons, it doesn't have teeth and fangs, it DOES have feathers(sure Nintendo artists pictured it as clouds, but anyone with at least a little bit of itelligence can see what they did there...), Since it's a flying dragon, it doesn't have a long reptilian tail like others, but a short feathered one like birds do!
    Enough...? I'm sure I can think of some more!
    Milotic definetly can be considered as a dragon, but we don't have to vote about it, although I'll have to insist on voting about Tyranitar-that dude JUST ISN'T a dragon!
    Flygon is definitly, a 100% pure dragon, and has every right to be considered as one!
    Just compare it to other Bug Pokemon! You'll find NOTHING SIMILAR!
    On the other hand it has many dragonic features!
    5th gen Pokemo shouldn't be added to the list untill the game get's released! Sure, maybe they will be dragons in the future..., but they're not yet!
    Hope this answers some of the questions...

tkallab

Years
  • Thanks for the help on Altaria, I edited some stuff. I personally think his wings are made of cotton, not feathers, especially its Sapphire Pokedex entry says so. I agree on the tail, but I don't think a dragon needs to have teeth, I mean, look at Dratini and Dragnonair. Granted, Gible doesn't have a tail, but he's an unevolved pokemon.
    Milotic is indeed not very important now, but I could make a list for Tyranitar. I'm leaning towards the dragon side myself for him, but I haven't looked at him closely yet, and making a list usually helps me. It helps not only other members choose, but also myself. I'll keep it private until we ever have a vote for Tyranitar, though.
    Flygon is absolutely a dragon, and I think it's really creative of Nintendo that they made a dragonfly into a dragon.
    And I agree with you about the 5th generation pokemon not being able to join yet, but I just wanted to share my thoughts about two new Dragon-typed pokemon, this is the Dragon's Den after all.

dragoniteuser

The dragon master
    Years
  • Thanks for the help on Altaria, I edited some stuff. I personally think his wings are made of cotton, not feathers, especially its Sapphire Pokedex entry says so. I agree on the tail, but I don't think a dragon needs to have teeth, I mean, look at Dratini and Dragnonair. Granted, Gible doesn't have a tail, but he's an unevolved pokemon.

Those are feathers, but they are artisticly made to fit it's evo line and theme, since it's soaring among the clouds!
    Feathers don't acctually gave to be drawn on, they're implyed!
    In that case Pelliper could be debated about being a bird, when it obviously is a bird!
    Pelliper.jpg
    See, no feathers either, just blue oval shapes...
    Also, Gible isn't a flying dragon which I obviously emphasized!

tkallab

Years
  • Well, there's absolutely no proof that he has feathered wings while his Pokedex entry implies that they are cotton. And if you ask me, you're thinking in black and white i you say that Pelipper is undoubtedly a bird. If altaria wasn't Dragon/typed, no one would question it being a bird. Pelipper is only definitely a bird because it can´t possibly be something else.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    I can see where your argument is coming from.

However, he still has no evidence of actual feathers....Pelipper can't be doubted as a bird because it's a pelican. Altaria's wings do seem to be the problem...shall we keep the wings as a dragon and send a body to the birds? ;)

Oh, Flygon's based on a dragonfly, yet not bug-like? Have you seen the eyes? And the colouring...bugs are often green or brown...

I'm not suggesting a vote, just saying...you have to look at the wider context here guys....oh, and there's been no votes for over a day...do our two new members feel like voting?? you don't have to, but you might aswell

But seriously....Milotic's not getting voted. Nothing is unless it gets a vocal enough argument from more than one member. Same goes to Tyranitar, although you'll get him voted upon easier.

EDIT: I bring a banner! Hastily put text in...but meh, what do you guys think? I used Paint (because it's the tool all the top graphic artists use, obviously) so colours aren't that adjustable, sadly. Oh, and incase you can't tell, the last bit is IV, which is Roman for 4. I thought it was appropriate seeing as generations are referred to as "I,II,III,IV,V" etc.

picture.php

Last edited:

tkallab

Years
  • Yeah, you´re not gonna hear me asking for a vote for those two, but I´ll make a list for Tyranitar anyway because dragoniteuser seems more serious about him than I was about Lugia, haha!
    And I guess we can´t say the wings are dragon-like, because they aren´t. Clouds aren´t really related to dragons, except for the fact that they can fly high enough to be among the clouds, but birds can do that too.
    And I didn´t say Flygon wasn´t insect-like. That was dragoniteuser. I just said I liked him.
    Oh, and please vote, people! I didn´t make those lists for nothing!

dragoniteuser

The dragon master
    Years
  • Oh, Flygon's based on a dragonfly, yet not bug-like? Have you seen the eyes? And the colouring...bugs are often green or brown...

Flygon has regular eyes. Those red capsules over them are there to protect his eyes from sand in sandstorms!
    200px-Drew_Flygon.png
    I'm suprised you haven't notice that earlier...

About Tyranitar... if Tyranitar is a dragon, then Lapras, Rampardos, Tropius and the rest of the Dinosaur gang are aswell...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back