• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Dragon's Den V.4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dooonerz

@JackDonnellyy
Years
  • Sorry I've been inactive ;(

Why do you like dragons?

Well for Pokemon dragons, their designs are sick, they are the most powerful and they are the hardest to find on any Pokemon game! (apart from legendaries, of course)

xD

tkallab

Should have been in Dissidia
    Years
  • I also like dragons because they look so smart, like Dragonair, Dragonite and Flygon. They look like they know the worlds deepest secrets. Like they understand ones feelings just by looking at them.
    Dragons really have everything. Either they're smart, or they're uberpowered.

dragoniteuser

The dragon master
    Years
  • What tkallab said:
    The Dragon's Den V.4

Nuff said really!

Halcyon

peace and serenity
    Years
  • Why do you like dragons?
    Because Kingdra is in it. X) Well...other than that, their typings have unique resistances and they are found/obtain much later in the game.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Hey guys...my computer's been screwed for over a week, so...no activity, sorry. Could somebody please link me to the profiles of any members who've joined since my last post? I like to keep on top of things, but have a slow internet.....

Why do you like dragons?

Uhhh...because they look cool. Also, because they're tough to battle. I tend to not use them, due to their awesomeness - I don't want a dragon to fight against Lance, Clair, Cynthia's Garchomp, Drake etc. as I like fighting against them with more "normal" or "mainstream" pokemon. Also, everybody has a frikkin 'Mence, 'Chomp or 'Nite now...kinda ruins them a bit.

dragoniteuser

The dragon master
    Years
  • ^^
    I agree! Back in the days when Mence wasn't uber, and I kept saying how amazing Dragonite is, even better then Salamence, everybody was saying that it sucks!
    Now every freakin' noob has a Dragonite, and all of a sudden it's the ultimate pokemon! Pisses me off!

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    I know...I used to love running Dragonite in OU....I'd switch in, people'd go "lolMence" as I dragon danced, their intimidate would be effectively cancelled, they'd dragon dance, I'd do it at the same time, then OHKO with Outrage.......and 70% will ragequit.

dragoniteuser

The dragon master
    Years
  • LOL! Did this houndred times!
    About the new mwmbers just check the last two pages, since we didn't write more than that in a week... Man! Me and tkallab are getting out of shape! XD
    Hey amore, we could have some kind of contest here, just like we did in my Fan club...

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Good point........Dragonair does have a majestic aura surrounding it, imo......

Okay guys, Dragonite-User gave me this idea, not sure if it's going to take off:

DDV4's Dragon Pokemon Challenge!

-Basically, you have to play through your Gen IV game with only dragon pokemon! That means any pokemon on the OP of this thread! (and any dragon-type not listed i.e. Altaria)-You should get your hands on an egg, and trade that over as soon as trading is unlocked in your game! (my tactic would be to have it on the verge of hatching before trading it into your challenge game, meaning you don't waste too long hatching it).
    - Games open to this are: Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, HeartGold, SoulSilver! (I'd advise against D/P, as only Gyarados and Garchomp families are available in-game, but it's up to you).

- So, if you take up the challenge, just post here with a few progress reports of your journey! Oh, and legendaries are allowed!. I know most people don't use them, but just so your options are limited too much, you're allowed to use them....

- And there will be a prize! Possibly, although it hasn't been decided what the criteria will be, and what the prize would be...

- This thing will run until October 31st, or when it dies....I personally won't be taking part, but I'd advise you all to do what I do, and insert images into your posts! It makes them much nicer!

[d]N.B. No HM Slaves! Spread them throughout your team! After all, dragons have extremely versatile movepools (except Kingdra, I guess, although that's dubious, as it gets Flash Cannon), so make use of them.[/s]

- If you are unable to trade, you have unlimited HM Slaves, provided you use all the non-legendary dragon pokemon available in the game as team members (no forced Giratina, don't worry).
    - Normally, you can have 1 HM Slave, however....only for HMs power 50 and below, which means:

- Cut
    - Defog
    - Whirlpool
    - Rock Smash

The others you should cope with. After all...

Spoiler:

- Finally, when your challenge is considered completed:
    - D/P: Defeat the Elite Four and get a 21 streak in Battle Tower (Screenshots of either both, or Battle Tower needed)
    - Pt: Defeat the Elite Four 2nd round (screenshot needed. Obviously, you can provide one of the first time aswell).
    - Hg/Ss: Either; 1. Defeat Red 2. Defeat the Elite Four 2nd round (screenshot needed).

Why screenshots? Sorry, but we need to ensure honesty. I thought about saying "you're only cheating yourself". But then I remembered teachers say that to us, and as long as it's an internal examination, we all cheat.....

Last edited:

EPIC Shedinja Hollow

Fallen Angel
    Years
  • I will definitely take part in this challenge! I'll have to have my friend help me with the trading, but it's all in good fun. I will have my starting dragon as a Charander. Am I allowed to trade more than 1 egg over to myself, so I can have an entire team of just dragons? It'll be a few days before I can get it started, and even then, I don't exactly have alot of free time to play it whenever I want, so I'll take pics of my progress with my webcam. :3

dragoniteuser

The dragon master
    Years
  • Yeah... I don't buy that no HM Buddies! I can't trade to DPPt as I play on ROM, so all I can have is garchomp, Gyarados and Giratina(which I won't use)...
    Basically all my pokemon would be HM buddies, and you can't beat Cyinthia with Rock Smash!

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    I will definitely take part in this challenge! I'll have to have my friend help me with the trading, but it's all in good fun. I will have my starting dragon as a Charander. Am I allowed to trade more than 1 egg over to myself, so I can have an entire team of just dragons? It'll be a few days before I can get it started, and even then, I don't exactly have alot of free time to play it whenever I want, so I'll take pics of my progress with my webcam. :3

Sure, go ahead...I did it in Hg/Ss once, it was fun challenging the Elite Four with Pupitar, Shelgon, Dragonair and Gabite...

Couple of new clauses then:

- If you are unable to trade, you have unlimited HM Slaves, provided you use all the non-legendary dragon pokemon available in the game as team members (no forced Giratina, don't worry).
    - Normally, you can have 1 HM Slave, however....only for HMs power 50 and below, which means:

- Cut
    - Defog
    - Whirlpool
    - Rock Smash

The others you should cope with. After all...

Spoiler:

Last edited:

EPIC Shedinja Hollow

Fallen Angel
    Years
  • Sure, go ahead...I did it in Hg/Ss once, it was fun challenging the Elite Four with Pupitar, Shelgon, Dragonair and Gabite...

Sweet!! Then that's definitely what I'm gonna do!! ^^ Let's see... Charizard... Salamence... Kingdra... Flygon... Giratina... and Altaria. :3 That will be my team for my playthrough... most likely... XD

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Cool.

Oh, one more thing guys....

post screenshots!

Just one, or possibly two....I'll just go add one last thing to the challenge's original post....which will now be appearing on my OP too!(look at the bottom of the post on this page for the latest additions)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back