• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The Generation Five Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ooka

[font=Maven Pro][color=#A75EE2]Cosmic[/color][/fon
Years
  • Sora's Nobody, I worked on your image a bit.

The Generation Five Speculation Thread

Transparent and dots are fixed.

Ooka

Years
  • But people would just erase that anyways, so I don't really see the point in having it on there. :/

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
  • So I've just noticed the new Pokemon release about five minutes ago. Firstly, kudos to Game freak for making this not an evolution or a pre evolution of a current Pokemon, this shows us that they still have the power of originality.

Now, onto Zorua and Zoruak themselves. I have to say, aesthetically, they have been designed well. I especially like the colour scheme as I'm a bit of a dark type fan myself. I do think that the use of red and dark grey on both Pokemon have been used well - especially taking in the fact that red is the minimal colour yet it shows up more (i.e Zoruak's mane). Next, the Pokemon themselves. Firstly, I think that the usage of Dark type Pokemon as our first view of what generation five has to offer has a very positive effect on most Pokemon fans. This is because the dark type Pokemon tend to look cool and come with cool characteristics which is always welcome with any Pokemon fan. I also like the fact that the Pokemon is based on a monster fox as this Pokemon really does look evil and you can notice the fox like style, especially on Zorua.

Overall, a great teaser on what generation five has to offer. I hope that there will be more like this to come and I cant wait to see Zorua and Zoruak in the next Pokemon animé film.

Sora's Nobody

The Official Roxas
    Years
  • So I've just noticed the new Pokemon release about five minutes ago. Firstly, kudos to Game freak for making this not an evolution or a pre evolution of a current Pokemon, this shows us that they still have the power of originality.

Now, onto Zorua and Zoruak themselves. I have to say, aesthetically, they have been designed well. I especially like the colour scheme as I'm a bit of a dark type fan myself. I do think that the use of red and dark grey on both Pokemon have been used well - especially taking in the fact that red is the minimal colour yet it shows up more (i.e Zoruak's mane). Next, the Pokemon themselves. Firstly, I think that the usage of Dark type Pokemon as our first view of what generation five has to offer has a very positive effect on most Pokemon fans. This is because the dark type Pokemon tend to look cool and come with cool characteristics which is always welcome with any Pokemon fan. I also like the fact that the Pokemon is based on a monster fox as this Pokemon really does look evil and you can notice the fox like style, especially on Zorua.

Overall, a great teaser on what generation five has to offer. I hope that there will be more like this to come and I cant wait to see Zorua and Zoruak in the next Pokemon animé film.
    Yep, i agree with this. I think the red on zoruak is a rash or something. If this is a little preview on what gen5 has to offer then im gonna go to bed tonight very happily and hope that tommorow morning will bring more goodness :)

LOL Zoruak; Monster fox-skin rash pokemon

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    They both sorta remind me of Digimon designs rather than something Pokemon-ish for some reason. I do really like them though. I can't wait to see what else they have in store for us!

Dominus Temporis

Fezzes are cool.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2012
    We already have a kitsune Pokemon, her name is Ninetales, but there are actually many mythological foxes in Japan (the Kitsune is the most well known), for example, there is a creature called the Kudagitsune, which is a fox (if you ever seen Kudamon form Digimon Savers, that's what he is based on), I'm sure there are others too....
    I see, thanks for the info. I knew about Ninetales and Vulpix's origins, though that was the only mythological fox I could think of and I knew they weren't going to reuse that particular theme.

And you're right about Zoroark looking like Ganondorf, I thought that looked familiar...

iLaxbe!

by Duke R
    Years
  • The hype is going to kill this thing
    Hmm maybe, but back in 2004 (6 years ago) I remember this silhouette being revealed:
    Although many theories were made, and even stuff like this appeared:
    people still found the true Speed Deoxys great. I don't know...
    I didn't know, but now I do. Hype already killed it (at least for me). I was 11 when third Gen came up, and 14 when 4th did. Now, I'm twenty and I really hope for new Pokémon before I can say anything about Zorua and that thing* they showed.

*Look at my avatar.

EDIT: LOL, Kotone, great!

BakingBluePotatoe

The Red Death Alchemist
    Years
  • RukarioxZoroark FTW. x3

Sorry, had to be said. *killed*

So THIS is the new Pokemon, eh? BADASS.

I'm gonna name mine Koji. or if it's a girl, Yusa. x3 (cookie to anyone who gets the referance)

iLaxbe!

by Duke R
    Years

• O_O

How are you 20? How could you possibly have been 11 when third gen came out, when I'm 20 and was 11 when first gen came out.
    O.O ... ... ... uh?

What? ... Sorry, I need a minute to think. *thinks "no, no way"* It's like... what?

Man, the first Gen was revealed in 1995. The first three trademarked Pokémon were Sandshrew, Electabuzz and Venonat. For second Gen it was 1997, Ho-Oh and Togepi in the animé episodes. For third it was at Coro Coro, with Wailmer, Kecleon and Azurill, 2001. And for the fourth it was Munchlax at Serebii.net (May, 2004).

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2016
    O.O ... ... ... uh?

What? ... Sorry, I need a minute to think. *thinks "no, no way"* It's like... what?

Man, the first Gen was revealed in 1995. The first three trademarked Pokémon were Sandshrew, Electabuzz and Venonat. For second Gen it was 1997, Ho-Oh and Togepi in the animé episodes. For third it was at Coro Coro, with Wailmer, Kecleon and Azurill, 2001. And for the fourth it was Munchlax at Serebii.net (May, 2004).
    What are you talking about.

Ochigi

Epic Bi Dude
    Years
    • Seen Oct 20, 2010
    Zorua is so cute like beyond.
    Reminds me of Shinx and Skitty.

Years
    • Seen Jun 29, 2011
    I'm just gonna throw this out there. 5th gen version of mew/mewtwo? Since it can transform, what OTHER pokemon do we know that can copy appearances? *points to ditto* 5th gen sex slave anyone? Probably only gonna get one egg of it though, just like Lucario. And have you noticed that in every odd numbered generation we get, theres more original pokemon than those relating to others.

iLaxbe!

by Duke R
    Years
  • I'm just gonna throw this out there. 5th gen version of mew/mewtwo? Since it can transform, what OTHER pokemon do we know that can copy appearances? *points to ditto* 5th gen sex slave anyone? Probably only gonna get one egg of it though, just like Lucario. And have you noticed that in every odd numbered generation we get, theres more original pokemon than those relating to others.
    I agree that new forms are welcome
    Smeargle can learn transform too
    Don't know what you mean by sex slave
    Actually half of them have more originals. I don't think first Gen can be mentioned, since there was no Pokémon before it. But I get your point and really hope this tndency does not come to this gen.

Ooka

Years
  • I really don't see anything like that happening. It's not like we've gotten a new form in any generation before, so yeah.

(I was talking about Mewtwo btw)

I'd honestly love to see a Miltank evo, considering it's only sub-par competitively itself.

OhMyFuzzy69

Dragon Trainer
    Years
  • looks like a werewolf so i guess there gonna bring out pokemon who look like monsters? i guess keep a look out for a godzilla, the thing from the black lagoon, all the monsters from monster island etc -_-

~Fuzzy

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Omg, this is so exciting, even though I was certain it was gonna be related to Mightyena, this is far better. If the 5th Gen is gonna be a reflection of his, it's gonna be the best gen yet.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back