• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The Generation Five Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2016
    I played all regions and each has their own charme although I have to agree that I prefered the first 2 to th others, Hienn was okay but meh. I wonder how the terrain will be in Black and white, they had all sea and lot of mountain already and the mixed ones. I would like to see one that connects to johto and Kanto in the south(I don't mean you neccessarily need to be able to go there, I just like one that connects to their landscape. or an overregional one where you can choose gyms (so like in the anime wher some trainers had different badges or additional badges to go to the indigo league) but I guess a game with many options isnt game freaks thing.

Nintengod

Elite Battler & Contest Master
    Years
  • I think tailow might be a blue jay.

I for one think that if they're gonna make regions based on places outside of Japan,it should be California.You have deserts,forests,mountains,and the ocean.They could even make it so there's a water route that leads west to an island like Hawaii.

Swellow

Swallow

duh, not a blue jay

Australia has too much desert :P

So? It has plenty of areas. When you think about it every area in pokemon is a small city. Every area in pokemon history could fit in so-cal.

Last edited:

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    MEH! One based on the UK! Its the right size right...? We could have a welsh hero XD...

Actuarlly... forget i mentioned that...

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
    Years
  • Ooh, are we talking about new region bases now? The Stockholm area of Sweden! Or just ut the whole country there! Or, uh, well I wanna see fjords, so Norway too. And I'd like Iceland as an island to go to... So Pokémon scandinavian version?? :D That would actually be pretty cool. The City we've seen so far kinda reminds me of Stockholm itself, as an island, with bridges on all sides, and marking the line between lake and ocean... Hey, I'd like that! And there could be elks (not flupping Stantler), coal mines, huge forests, high mountains, wide meadows, lots of culture, ahh, I'm getting aroused just thinking about it! Wait right here!

*runs off to write*

But yeah, well, uh, I would like some cool evergreen forests atleast. Those are really spellbinding. Not like in Sinnoh or Johto, I don't think those count :[

Bloothump

the Sea Fungi Pokemon.
    Years
  • I'm glad you all like your hometowns, but that doesn't mean pokemon is gonna make a game on them xD
    I want to see a bigger desert. The one in RSE was too small. I'd like to see the desert be its own route, and lead to some kind of cowboy-like town. Not like the one in DPP, I want it to be old-timey like a Western Flick. : D
    There may still be overworld sprites for pokemon, I'm guessing they just haven't added them in yet if that's the case. The game is four months from over. It'd be cool to have an English-esque town with a big clock tower, too.

Ooh, are we talking about new region bases now? The Stockholm area of Sweden! Or just ut the whole country there! Or, uh, well I wanna see fjords, so Norway too. And I'd like Iceland as an island to go to... So Pokémon scandinavian version?? :D That would actually be pretty cool. The City we've seen so far kinda reminds me of Stockholm itself, as an island, with bridges on all sides, and marking the line between lake and ocean... Hey, I'd like that! And there could be elks (not flupping Stantler), coal mines, huge forests, high mountains, wide meadows, lots of culture, ahh, I'm getting aroused just thinking about it! Wait right here!

*runs off to write*

But yeah, well, uh, I would like some cool evergreen forests atleast. Those are really spellbinding. Not like in Sinnoh or Johto, I don't think those count :[

I'd like to see an elk too. It could be a stantler evo, be ice/normal maybe. It could have a misty gauze like thing around its ankles and be fuzzy. Cause thats what elks are! Fuzzy.
    An Evergreen Forest sounds awesome! (I live in a town called Evergreen) It could be slightly snowy, but not so much that you sink in up to your neck and have to walk as fast as a snail (that was stupid) I don't want any areas when you sink into the terrain at all. That was just frustrating imo. Oh, and I hope we don't get mountains that looked like stacked blocks again.

Last edited:

JakeyBoy

Riddle me this
    Years
  • MEH! One based on the UK! Its the right size right...? We could have a welsh hero XD...
    Mareep could be the starter.
    Landscape-wise the only thing I could want would be more optional dungeons. Get in deep to find rare Pokemon and stat-enhancing or move-enhancing items.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • wow of all the times i wanted to started debates they didn't work but when i did mean to make one it happened,lol. They will probably have to leave japan as like some one above said they plan to make a thousand, even if they introduced 150 each gen by gen 7 we will only have like 700+ pokemon, 300 away from the goal of One thousand.

Bloothump

the Sea Fungi Pokemon.
    Years
  • I don't understand this whole "base off certain areas" deal. Where does it say that pokemon's regions are based off real places? I'm sure real world places influence towns or routes in the games, but I don't think they just take a certain country and base the game off that one country. I'd like to see a UK based city, an Australian-like steppe route leading into a Wild West desert Route, a Canadian esque forest, and an Western Mountain range. It could be "Red Mountain", have a vulture pokemon, some cacti, clear, blue, beautiful lakes... Besides, how cool would it be to have a Reddish Mountain? It'd look pretty awesome.

Years
  • I don't understand this whole "base off certain areas" deal. Where does it say that pokemon's regions are based off real places? I'm sure real world places influence towns or routes in the games, but I don't think they just take a certain country and base the game off that one country. I'd like to see a UK based city, an Australian-like steppe route leading into a Wild West desert Route, a Canadian esque forest, and an Western Mountain range. It could be "Red Mountain", have a vulture pokemon, some cacti, clear, blue, beautiful lakes... Besides, how cool would it be to have a Reddish Mountain? It'd look pretty awesome.
    look at this site https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pok%C3%A9mon_world_in_relation_to_the_real_world

now look at the map, their is a real world region called Kanto, if that isn't proof along with the map i don't know what is.The red mountain sounds cool but some people i think had enough climbing mountains, in this generation... the thrid also had quite bit, mount pyre, mt chimney, wait if we have more mountains we should have that cart that can take you to the top instead of having to walk all the way there, at least take us to the middle of the mountain, we can take the rest by our selves. speaking of mountains can you imagine how they will look with the new 3d we could see surrounding area, probably, that would be cool.

Ecstatic

Chilling out.
    Years
  • I'm not going to freak about it, I don't think it's nescessary. Game Freak will do what they want to do, I like to stay connected, definetly, It's enjoyable to read everyones posts to see what they suggest, and the fan art too. I just hope people don't rip on Black and White because of it being 5th Generation, and some of the new Pokemon will suck, Yadda Yadda, I just can't wait to see what they come up with, and this should be huge, especially the 3D graphics, that is exciting, and now that I have seen it in action, I'm extremely excited!

Bloothump

the Sea Fungi Pokemon.
    Years
  • @DXrobots
    Except that's illogical. While this is a revolution of sorts, they won't stray too too far from the traditional formula. There will still be the three starters of fire grass and water with two evos in the mid teens and again in the thirties. What you;re describing sounds so complicated too! Besides, if they made something like that then eevee wouldn't be special anymore.

Years
  • I think one starter pokemon with multiple evolutions would be cool like an Eevee except you can actually pick it
    well they did something like that for the rival in Pokemon Yellow so maybe they would do it , only this time for the player and it'll turn into fire,water,grass, then they could evolve again, undercertain conditions... like level up in a volcano, a forest, or the beach/sea... but i really think they are going to stick with the old trio, plus what animal(s) it/they be anyways.

Years
  • I hope they reintroduce the HM Dive! ^^ I really liked that, it was the best thing about Hoenn IMO. But they'll improve it this time, with the 3D graphics, so that you can explore the bottom of the ocean in a more advanced way. I've had it with mountains, forests and grassy areas. o.o

Polizard

Awesome Trainer
    Years
  • Ok i live in Australia it would be an ok region to have a game based there would be a hell of a lot of rock and ground pokemon majority of the inland is desert but a poster said above the elite four could be in Canberra It really should go to the sydney city for the simply fact that Canberra is a hole it has gone so down hill in the last 15 years all people go down there for s to get illegal fire works and illegal reptiles im not kidding at all

Years
  • Ok i live in Australia it would be an ok region to have a game based there would be a hell of a lot of rock and ground pokemon majority of the inland is desert but a poster said above the elite four could be in Canberra It really should go to the sydney city for the simply fact that Canberra is a hole it has gone so down hill in the last 15 years all people go down there for s to get illegal fire works and illegal reptiles im not kidding at all
    maybe Canberra could be the Evil teams hide out then by your description of it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back