• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Graphics Rating Thread [READ THE FIRST POST. D:<]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xoo

bam, baby!
Years
  • I made two new banners. Rates please?

Last edited:

evilcheese

God I am so freakin lazy
    Years
  • @myokai - its a definate big improvement from your previous banners. nice job i see you have used my scanline tutorial which is good. the render is bigger so the banner doesnt looks as empty good. next thing you should try is blending and i dont just mean blending options. i mean smudging and soft brushing around the edges but overall good job.

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    Hoho, I haven't been here in a long time, have I? D:

Unfortunately, I'm only going to be rating the banners I like, but if I missed one you especially wanted rated, just point it out or something and I'll rate it next time, if I remember. xD

Shiranui; *droolslobberslobber* Eet eez FA-BULOUS. (The most recent banner anyway. xD) Moving on, I really do like it. It's a nice switch from the swirly look that's been showing up a lot recently, and the sort of rusty color scheme is really nice. The lighting is amazing, as always, and I personally like the one with text better, simply because; GAWD YOUR TEXT SKILLS RAWK. The clouds really fit in this banner, blending is excellent, and everything looks awesome. ;3

Ryouki; OHSHIZNO THIS IS AN AWESOME BANNER DUDE! I really really like it. I like the lighting, I like the render, I like the placement, I like the background, lights, and color scheme in general. The border looks great in my opinion. :< I do think you have a bit of a tendency to make really long really stretched out banners, but that might be eccentuated by my facked-up res. xD; This is by far my favorite piece of yours. The text STILL needs a little work, and the banner would definitely have gone much better without it. xD; Maybe you should've tried a grungy sort of font and cranked down the opacity way low. Make the text a tad bit bigger if you're going to even have it or something like that. xD Really nice job though! <3

V.Valentine; Ohhh, if you maybe made it smaller, it'd be really prettiful. I like the monochromatic colors, and the render is an excellent blend. ;3 I liked the simplicity of your old theme. xD It was a really cute theme. I love how the border just fades off, it's a great touch. The scattered text on the right also helps it fill a bit of the emptiness, but... it's still pretty empty on the right. xD;; It's awesome how it ends with the render on the left, and overall, it's a nice piece of eyecandy. ;3

-----​

Wow, now I just need to sit around and wait for a Mikuru request and I got all the main Haruhi girls down graphics-wise. xD

Due to the fact that I would muuuuch prefer a rating on the Yuki Nagato banner, I'll put my secondary less-important banner to be rated in spoilers for all you crazies that don't read the post and just glance at the tag. </3

Made for Relyt/Kouyuu.

Spoiler:

evilcheese

God I am so freakin lazy
    Years
  • @xenocrates - it looks awsome! the dot things are cool and kinda weirdish. you might need to do some soft brushing around the focal point on the scanlines. and the border is weird too dont know about it.

used shirauni's newest tuorials i was so happy to see it. gonna be my theme after i get good advice.
    yes i suck with text. im probably gonna add scanlines maybe a border.

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    I think the one in your sig looks way better, but what I have to say about your banner is the same as your advice for mine. xD

You might need to do some soft brushing around the focal point on the scanlines. And the border is weird too, don't know about it.

Complete with proper grammar! *FISH'd* xDD Just kidding.

It's pretty good, definitely the best I've seen from you in my opinion. The text is, as always, either hard to read or too bright, and this time it's hard to read, but it's not as hard to read as usual, so yeah. I think it's a job well done. The key to this one is that there was no explicit blending required because the colors flow. Your focal point is a little too matchy matchy, you should definitely pick out a color wheel and try using colors that aren't apart of your render in your backgrounds. ^^

Xoo

bam, baby!
    Years
  • evilcheese:Looks really good, but the scanlines could be a bit more noticeable.

Xenocrates:They both look awesome, nice job.

Can I have some more rates, please?

Nytkoi

Pokemon Copper!
    Years
  • I made three new banners. Rates please?

YOU copied MY text! My banner! >:o
    I don't like them, but they're better then all your fai banners, keep it up.
    @ Xenocrates: I just love the way you do your banners! Do you make them for your friends only?
    The one for relyt is good, I like the border.
    @ evilcheese: I really like that one. Its good. I like the background, the text, its very nice.
    I wanted to try a new style, so how about this:

(very plain i know)

Hazuki

delenda est.
    Years
    • Seen Apr 20, 2011
    Kai: Yeah that's a little bit tooooo plain. xD The red background could have been better, and I mean, a LOT better. Like try a texture or something. ^^

I just made this one a few minutes ago... xD;;;

evilcheese

God I am so freakin lazy
    Years
  • @kai. - agreed with hazuki too plain need a little for sizze.

@hazuki - i cant rate plain banners that good but the color scheme is awsome anyway. the text on the side is a no since you already have text.

oh yeah, spongebob. use CME's cool tutorial and the site she used (appendix) and im quite happy with the outcome.

Utami

Heart Of Terror
    Years
    • Seen Jul 21, 2010
    @Kai
    I think it's a good attempt but you over saturated it. If you took away most of the effects on Drew's face and arm, then I think you got a pretty cute banner.

Uryū Ishida

Hishoku no Sora
    Years
    • Seen May 30, 2009
    Utami;;Nice effects i gotta say, and the stock of those stairs are good, the text is alright, maybe some lighting?, but im not really sure if you should put some in, the only thing i have to comment on is the line with the chess board like pattern, for some reason my attention is drawn to that than the actual stock/render overall well done 9/10

---

banner...was bored...yeah...lol xD

---

had some time to make another banner, sad attempt for a smudge tag lol...

Last edited:

evilcheese

God I am so freakin lazy
    Years
  • @utami - its a really good banner overall the stock matches very good with the pic. text and abstract are ok but the checkered thing is meh.

@Uryu - the first ones effects are nice. the scanlines flow in perfectly. but the sideways thing is not very good but ok i guess

@(formaly known as Mizt) Kai. - the texture on ttar is a little too much i would lower it a little. the color scheme is weird cuz red + green. the box thing on the right has got to go. the star is a nice touch though.

now for meh:

yeah light source is too much.

and if you could rate my sig that would be good too.

Uryū Ishida

Hishoku no Sora
    Years
    • Seen May 30, 2009
    EVERYBODY YOU CAN STILL CALL ME DEMIDIAN IF YOU WANT :):)!!!!!

evilcheese;;yeah the lighting is a bit much, but it is a really good banner, i love how you used the c4ds and those splatter clipping masks, it all fits in really well xD 10/10

RYOUKI

survive the world.
    Years
  • Xeno-san: Thankies. and FYI. I stink at text! Let alone banners. >[

Anyways, rating time.

evilcheese: I love the c4d effect. (Or was it cd4? o_o)

Though, I think that the text is kinda out of place (don't worry, I have that problem too.) and is that an arm in the light focus? i couldn't really see it. >_<

---

I made it. It's horrible... Don't look.

ade it by the tutorial of Shira-chan. i copied everything. <333

BreD

Where's ButteR?
    Years
  • I like it. It's abit monotone, but i like sigs like that :D
    Hm... not much i can think to critisize on... but there could be more effects in the background it looks a tad bit plain in some places. I don't like the text much, but everyone always say my text suck xD

Made this, and ye i know the render quality is bad... well there are no renders for that anime and there are hardly any pics of it... so i had to make do and render one of the best ones.

(Hair on the left sucks)

I've almost finished it... might add a few finishing touches later.

Pikabloo

Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2010
    Rating time~ o__o

Ryouki;; All the displacement effects seems to be concentrated on he left side of Edward's face (our right), whereas everywhere else in the banner, you can see a bit too much of the motion blurred background, which looks quite dull. As I have already told you, I think that the lighting is way too bright, although the positioning is quite good. I can't say I can really comment too much on the text, since it is a similar style to the one I used in the tutorial, but the font seems okay (still needs work, though), and you should make something different in the clipping mask. For example, I added that red soft brush spot. Overall, it's okay, but it's definitely not your best.

BreD;; I will attempt to not comment on the render, then. The banner has nice flow and the lighting seems good. The front bit of the effects looks a bit over sharpened, though. But I like how it has depth, with the background effects being less sharpened than the front bit (or it just looks like that). Also, if you look at it for a while, the effects almost start to look monotone. Mix in some other colours maybe? Oh, and the text looks really weird. Try moving it somewhere else? Add something to the black, as well. It just looks really empty at the top left corner, even with the text there.

Gerri Shin

  
    Years
  • Bred: WOW I really like the effects of what look to me like green leaves. I would love to know how that's done. the only thing I could say is maybe curve the welcom text a little more so that it lines up with the curve of the leaves. Job well done, mate!

ok so I was fiddling around in my spare time and created this text effect that I think looks very similar the the effect that was used on the title and credits of the movie Transformers. lemme know what you think.

Uryū Ishida

Hishoku no Sora
    Years
    • Seen May 30, 2009
    Sorry guys i want to rate yours, but im just on quick and i want an opinion on this banner

v1

v2

---

Want to see which one is better

should i just add a border to the first one, or what ever?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back