• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen The male protagonist is a fashion disaster

Giratinarules

Pokemon Champion
Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Oct 5, 2012
    All male proganists wear awesome clothes expect for lucas cuz he is the wrst excuse for a boy ever
    All female proganists wear bad clothes and hats expect for may and kris
    also soul is more uglier than dawn xd

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    I agree that Soul is a fashion disaster, I hate his look...
    I like his female counterpart more - Heart, impressive outfit she has.
    Well Dawn and Lucas had the best outfits (all DPP) of all protagonists!! [=

Last edited:

Giratinarules

Pokemon Champion
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Oct 5, 2012
    I agree that Soul is a fasion disaster, I hate his look...
    I like his female counterpart more - Heart, impressive outfit she has.
    Well Dawn and Lucas had the best outfits (all DPP) of all protagonists!! [=

Actually dawn and lucas are the worst dou of fashion
    The best dou are brendan and may

ReyRey-Pyon

THREAD KILLER
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Feb 6, 2015
    no

Lucas is awesome D8

If anything it's brendan and his stupid hat

And what do you mean Dawn is unfashionable?!
    Dawn is like, the most fashionable of all the girls u_u

IMO okai

shining-Celebi

♥Ashley♥
    Years
  • I think Soul looks the oldest. I like soul's look. He would look goood in real life. :'D
    Same thing with Heart.

They both look like 15!

Ace~Sasaki

I'm no match for you...
    Years
  • Lucas has to be the worst. I wish we could play as barry. atleast his clothes are tolerable.

Ian758

Eon Blue and Red are coming!!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • MN
    • Seen Mar 5, 2013
    Want to know what male character is a fashion disaster, look at Diamond, Pearl, and PLatinum's, he is mental looking. Gold is awesome, he just makes the yellow Pants and the backwards hat work.

shining-Celebi

♥Ashley♥
    Years
  • Soul is actually the female character's name. The male character's name is Gold.

If the girl was soul, the boy would be heart.

And on the screen shots the boy is soul, the girl heart.

"Gold" was the name coined by fans from back in GSC days.

However, they have no official names, or even defaults yet.

Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2010
    WTF.

Does it really honestly matter what the characters look like?
    Is it that big of a deal??
    It's a video game.

Sorry to be blunt, but it just seems a little silly to me that what video game characters' wear in games is such a dilemma.

lx_theo

Game Developer
    Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2013
    If the girl was soul, the boy would be heart.

And on the screen shots the boy is soul, the girl heart.

"Gold" was the name coined by fans from back in GSC days.

However, they have no official names, or even defaults yet.

As they are remakes, these are the same characters, meaning the name Gold still applies. As the female hero is new, and both names based on Silver and Crystal have already been taken, Soul is the name for her. The same happened for the Red and Blue remakes. Did Red's name changed to Fire when the female character was named Leaf?

Maybe they aren't official, but its what they are known as, and people aren't going to change just because you think its like that.

shining-Celebi

♥Ashley♥
    Years
  • As they are remakes, these are the same characters, meaning the name Gold still applies. As the female hero is new, and both names based on Silver and Crystal have already been taken, Soul is the name for her. The same happened for the Red and Blue remakes. Did Red's name changed to Fire when the female character was named Leaf?

Maybe they aren't official, but its what they are known as, and people aren't going to change just because you think its like that.

My point in my former post was since there are no official or default names, people can call them whatever they want. And why not so? Some people aren't going to stick to previous nomenclature >.>

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
    Years
  • OK. This weird names discussion:
    Spoiler:

Now, this even weirder fashion disscussion:
    If you've really got to reach in into the GB, GBC, GBA, and NDS games OF YOUR LIFE, and pull out their protagonists, who defeated Team Rocket, won the League, saved the world and so on, and throw them into the light of the fashion studio located somewhere far, far away from where the Pokémon games were produced, then OK, I just might take a look then...
    I think Gold (or Soul, or Kenny or whatever, I don't care) is OK. Not really great, I never liked the character that much anyways, but I mean, this is HeartGold and SoulSilver, you guys have been waiting 10 years for these friggen games! And when they come, you just punch the Protagonists in their faces (not litterary), because of what those ten-yearolds or their mothers decided to put on as clothing. Wow, I love you, I really do -_-
    Soul (or Heart, or... Meh.) ... First I thougth she sucked, but she's OK, at least better than Kris (don't punch me, it's just my opinion)...

Red (old):pretty OK, but he looks evil to me :cer_evil:
    Brendan: He's a disaster, and on the RS art, he looks like he's in the 30:s... So, he and May... Eww...
    May: Not bad, but certainly not good. *Arr! Me be a pirate, me is!*
    Red (FrLg): Me actually like, but too linear or whatever (Getting a total makeover in my Fan-Manga, shhh)
    Leaf: It's simple, and I actually like it ^^ (But she's getting a jacket in my fan-manga!)
    Lucas (DP): I'm not even gonna say anything here... Gosh...
    Dawn (DP): Well... At least you can sure see she's trying... But I don't like it. Come back in Platinum, and I'll see what I can do.
    Lucas (Pt): Good, at least better... - Now! *falls down trap hole* Aaaaaaaaaa... Carvanha: Yummy, Yummy!
    Dawn (Pt): Good, you've learned now, I like the jacket. Now join your friend! Eeeeeeeeek...

*Pokey Out*

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
    Years
  • Come to think about it (while reading GymLeaderLily's post above), wouldn't it be fun if there were a Trainer class wearing Viking helmets (not that they actually had horns in real, but it would be fun), like, "Viking Maniacs"/"Viking Kid"... And they would like have wooden swords and the player could buy herbs from them or something... Now that would be a fashion disaster to start a thread about, wouldn't it? I think I just got an idea for a hack...
    Anyways, I think the protagonists clothings are in many cases... What to say... Too detailed, they have these patterns and colours in their clothing in a way that (most) people in real life wouldn't wear... I guess it makes them stand out from the crowds of NPCs in the games, but I prefer when they are realistic. Like Leafs clothes, these are OK. The skirt may be a little too short, and they do follow the common Pokéball pattern if you look close, but it looks harmless to me. Gold could actully be some kind of sports guy, the shorts and the sweather makes him look like a football fan (not American football, I mean real football), which actually fits with Kris' jogging clothes. So that's not bad at all...
    Gosh, this is boring me.

- Pokey out!

Samme!

Haterz gonna hate
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Oct 3, 2011
    Another Fashion Complaint Thread??!!

SERIOUSLY PEOPLE! The male and female outfits are the way they are and WON"T be changed!!!

If you feel so deeply about this though, I have a simple option for you:
    a. Don't play the games
    b. Stop making the kinds of threads

**PHEW** I absolutely love Gold's clothing, I'd wear it myself :)**

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Its not as bad as it could have been. I dont really care what hes wearing because I didnt choose it.

Years
    • Seen Aug 20, 2009
    actually the girl is the biggest fashion disaster in all the games heck even worse then dawn and lucas

I completely agree. The first time I saw her I thought to myself," Wow. Even girls wouldn't want to play as her."

PiplupGHacker

Keeping the dream alive.
    Years
  • actually the girl is the biggest fashion disaster in all the games heck even worse then dawn and lucas

wtf???? Dawn and Lucas had a great fashion sense, and honestly, marina/kris had a fine fashion sense, green had a great fashion sense, and Dawn from Platinum had an amazing fashion sense

I have no clue where the hell your coming from, but it doesn't seem very logical to me

Poliwagged

is waggin' his tail
    Years
    • Seen May 12, 2012
    This topic deserves a "****ing Failure" seal of approval.

HEY GUYS. LET'S COMPLAIN ABOUT THE GUY'S CLOTHES. EVEN THOUGH WE ALREADY KNOW THAT POKEMON CHARACTERS HAVE THE TENDENCY TO DRESS IN REALLY GAUDY AND TACKY OUTFITS.

AND YOU KNOW WHAT, LET'S COMPLAIN MORE BECAUSE IN GAME, WE'RE GOING TO HAVE TO SEE A VERY SMALL SPRITE OF WHICH YOU CAN BARELY SEE HIS CLOTHES.

HOLY CRAP WE GOTTA COMPLAIN. THIS GAME IS A TRAVESTY. BOYCOTT IT, THROW IT INTO THE SEA IN FRONT OF NINTENDO HQ. BURN THEM BY THE POUND.

Also, TC, you seem to think that your opinions are fact and that you're better than everyone else because you think you know how fashion works.
    THEY'RE NOT LOL, AND YOu'RE NOT LOL.

Back