• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[~The May Daily Chit-Chat ~]

Status
Not open for further replies.

MegaFuz

Über Title
Years
  • The best thing about grandparents are their stories from "back in the day". I always enjoy sitting around chatting with my grandparents about their childhood and young adult life. My one grandpa was in the military and has some great stories from his travels.

I wish everyone had the chance to sit around and shoot the breeze with their grandparents. They've always got so much wisdom and knowledge to share.

Years
  • Yeah i agree with you. My grandfather (the one that still lives) use to tell me lot of stories from his childhood, some of those stories i really like :)

She-Elf

Nyaa :3
    Years
  • I only see my grandparents once a year, and this year I will not see them at all, so I have never heard about stories like that, it's kind of sad actually.
    I really wish they could tell me about that time.

Years
  • The best thing about grandparents are their stories from "back in the day". I always enjoy sitting around chatting with my grandparents about their childhood and young adult life. My one grandpa was in the military and has some great stories from his travels.

I wish everyone had the chance to sit around and shoot the breeze with their grandparents. They've always got so much wisdom and knowledge to share.

Oddly, I talk to them more about the present than the past. I hardly think to ask them about the past at all, even though they're full of stories. :/

However, this does remind me of the few times I'd talk to my paternal grandfather. He's Native American (you can tell by their apartment, it's really neat), which made for a few good stories, when I bother to ask about it. Sometimes it's interesting to see another way of life and another way of thinking.

Now I wish I remembered the few pow-wows we went to. I was really too young to. ;_; There's quite a bit I wish I remembered from my younger life. I can't really remember living in England... or my father. He died when I was five, so I only have a few scattered memories of him, mostly quirks and little things, like playing Mario on the SNES and eating Chunky Soup (Sirloin Burger). I still love eating that soup when we get it.

Speaking of military, I bet I'll have tons of stories to tell my children (if I even have them XD) about being a military brat. I know I already have a few. ;3

MegaFuz

Über Title
    Years
  • Oddly, I talk to them more about the present than the past. I hardly think to ask them about the past at all, even though they're full of stories. :/

However, this does remind me of the few times I'd talk to my paternal grandfather. He's Native American (you can tell by their apartment, it's really neat), which made for a few good stories, when I bother to ask about it. Sometimes it's interesting to see another way of life and another way of thinking.

Now I wish I remembered the few pow-wows we went to. I was really too young to. ;_; There's quite a bit I wish I remembered from my younger life. I can't really remember living in England... or my father. He died when I was five, so I only have a few scattered memories of him, mostly quirks and little things, like playing Mario on the SNES and eating Chunky Soup (Sirloin Burger). I still love eating that soup when we get it.

Speaking of military, I bet I'll have tons of stories to tell my children (if I even have them XD) about being a military brat. I know I already have a few. ;3

Ooh, I'm sure they have some wonderful stories to share. ^-^ I try to ask them about their past as much as I can, because who knows how much longer I'll have to hear about it, sadly.

I hear ya about remembering things from your childhood. There are tons of things I really wish I remembered better. For instance, my trip to Cancun, Mexico. My grandparents used to have a time share, but got rid of it when Cancun started to get all commercialized. From what I've been told, it was amazing though. All the natives were wowed by my bright blonde hair because all of them had brown hair. We were able to visit a bunch of ruins too, which I really don't remember. =<

Those sounds like really great memories of your dad. That's really sad you didn't get to spend longer with him. Sirloin burger soup = l33t.

Years
  • Three of my grandparents died before I was born. The last one remaining was my maternal grandmother but she was very ill for all the years I knew her, yet she still managed a long life despite being a lifelong smoker. She was incredibly kind though, which differs from how she used treat my mother as a child.

It was late December when my mother went up to the hospital to see my grandmother. She wanted to see me and my brothers since she knew her time was limited. The next day, my mother got a phone call from one of my aunts telling her that my grandmother had died.

I somewhat regret not going up to the hospital then.

Melody

Banned
    Years
  • well My grandpa died when i was 10 and my grandma went senile and tried to commit suicide a year ago...she is still as shaky as a leaf...and she gets nervous a lot easier now..i dont see her that much now...

Hakeen

-
    Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2010
    I live with my grandparents..they took me in from my ebil parents. They even made a grandparents organisation..yeah. XD

MegaFuz

Über Title
    Years
  • Moving on from the topic of grandparents...

Anyone heard about the study a teen did that proves iPods can cause pacemakers (the mechanisms put in peoples' hearts to help them beat) to malfunction? I just read about it at CNN.com. Something with the magnetism inside them causes the pacemaker to go all whack.

Not good news at all considering there are thousands upon thousands of iPods out there, and you never know when you'll come in close proximity to someone with a pacemaker. Heck...you could be riding the subway or walking down the street listening to tunes and BAM... Scary...

Melody

Banned
    Years
  • ...Yeah...That's why I use My Nintendo DS tricked out with a Max Media Player CF Homebrew device...Less Interference...The scrfeens they use on the ipods generates magnetic waves that can interfere with a microphone...so yeah...Double for pacemakers possibly...XD poor Steve Jobs...he's gonna get slimed if it's really true...

MegaFuz

Über Title
    Years
  • Well, if by "slimed" you mean "fired", no, that won't happen. He is the co-founder after all. He might get the pants sued off him, but not fired.

Margot

some things are that simple
    Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    MegaFuz said:
    Moving on from the topic of grandparents...

Anyone heard about the study a teen did that proves iPods can cause pacemakers (the mechanisms put in peoples' hearts to help them beat) to malfunction? I just read about it at CNN.com. Something with the magnetism inside them causes the pacemaker to go all whack.

Not good news at all considering there are thousands upon thousands of iPods out there, and you never know when you'll come in close proximity to someone with a pacemaker. Heck...you could be riding the subway or walking down the street listening to tunes and BAM... Scary...
    Wow, that is kind of scary. Has it been proven yet, if it is, I'm glad my ipod doesn't work XD I only have three songs and they aren't even mine and now itunes doesn't work for me =/

Yeah, quite a bit of people have them.

MegaFuz

Über Title
    Years
  • Wow, that is kind of scary. Has it been proven yet, if it is, I'm glad my ipod doesn't work XD I only have three songs and they aren't even mine and now itunes doesn't work for me =/

Yeah...my iPod went through the wash so mine's no good either. ;_; I had the best kind on the market, too. The 60GB Video iPod. At least...it was the best when I bought. I wanted to end my life when I found out I ruined it. $300 down the drain...

Roni Love

Veronica xoxox Loves ya.
    Years
  • Yeah...my iPod went through the wash so mine's no good either. ;_; I had the best kind on the market, too. The 60GB Video iPod. At least...it was the best when I bought. I wanted to end my life when I found out I ruined it. $300 down the drain...

yikes! I did that with my cell a couple of months ago, not good I had all the numbers in my life in there. :(

Melody

Banned
    Years
  • Well, if by "slimed" you mean "fired", no, that won't happen. He is the co-founder after all. He might get the pants sued off him, but not fired.
    Sued is what I meant...

Roni Love said:
    yikes! I did that with my cell a couple of months ago, not good I had all the numbers in my life in there. :(
    Well dont feel lonely...I dropped my cell phone in a public toilet once...It had all my friend's numbers in it too :(

Last edited:

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
  • Yeah...my iPod went through the wash so mine's no good either. ;_; I had the best kind on the market, too. The 60GB Video iPod. At least...it was the best when I bought. I wanted to end my life when I found out I ruined it. $300 down the drain...

That kinda happened to my friend's one. We went on a tramp thing and he took his iPod (stupid boy xD) and then on the second day, it rained like it has never rained before. Water poured out everywhere. Then his bag got soaked... and so did his iPod. It completely screwed up when he tried using it after the tramp.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back