• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Post Your Problems Thread 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zet

Years
    - long problem alert -

Okay, this problem started in the summer. we came back to school, and everyone was happy, it was set up to be a great year, good teacher, good friends, and next year i'd be going to high school.

Now, for a week we got to go away with the school for a week. It was fun, but i spent most of time with one of my friends. Shes a girl, and since the start of the year, i'd really liked her. It may have been raging hormones, but i dunno.

Now, we were getting really close, and then my best friend asks her out. He gets a yes. Now i was happy for him, but that all changed quickly. Mostly because, he found out i like her.

He got someone to spread it to everyone, including the girl i like. She didn't mind, and she told me it would've been a yes if he hadn't asked first.

So, when this happened, i actually felt like my chest hurt. It was one weird feeling.

Now, after this, he started spreading rumours about me. - one of which was perverted and just plain gross - they all weren't true. But, cause it was her boyfriend, she believed him.

And ever since then, things have always been awkward when me and the girl i like talk to each other. It just feels like all the friendship we had disappeared from the air.

Now, my friend actually wants to kill me. He is really annoyed at me, and i never know what he's gonna spread next. And i always think whatever he spreads may ruin my friendship with everyone.

So, my best friend hates me, i can barely talk to the girl i like, and everyone thinks my friend is right. What can i do to stop all of it, and maybe get the girl.
    Tell everyone that your best friend is just scared of losing a girl to someone better than he is and that he was making up stuff so he could drive a wedge between you and the girl

Years
    i have a massive phone bill to pay off, it sucks cause i didn't use my phone too much
    Call your provider and complain. Tell them you were overcharged. Tell them you don't like their service. The best thing that could happen is you get them to agree to lower the charges so that you'll stop fighting them. You might get stuck with the full cost if your provider is a jerk though and, really, that's most likely.

Jolene

Your huckleberry friend
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Apr 18, 2024
    My amazingly cute English teacher is now gone. I think I'm on the rebound - I've started looking around the school for another teacher upon whom to target my infatuation, but none are quite so gorgeous as my lost love. How shall I cope?

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    You've been here for ages and I still can't tell if you're a troll or not.

Anyway, if you're serious, stop going after teachers. You're probably just making them uncomfortable and it won't work out anyway. I'm not saying relationships with people older than you are bad, but least wait until you're of legal age before you start pursuing them to make it a great deal less awkward for everyone involved. :(

Ayselipera

You've been here for ages and I still can't tell if you're a troll or not.

Hahaha xD I'm going to have to agree with that.

Serious or not here is a lovely website I found. It's technically a website for those who are in an educational field of work looking for a companion who is also in that field. So if you're that desperate you could just lie about being a teacher and skim through the website.

In all seriousness though you should really try looking for people who are around your age. Dating teachers is usually a messy and awkward situation. Atleast that's how the news presents it. Nontheless here is the website if you're really interested.

https://www.teacherspassions.com/

Jolene

Your huckleberry friend
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Apr 18, 2024
    Thank you for the link, but most of the teachers on that website seem a bit too old and scruffy for my tastes. My amazingly cute English teacher was in a much higher league. For one thing, he was quite young for a teacher - I think he must have been hired straight out of university, so he's only about ten years older than me and that means it wouldn't be so bad if we got married. He always dressed very smartly in shirts and ties and in the winter he wore a very sexy scarf which I tried to steal on the day before he left, mainly because I wanted something to remember him with, but I gave it back because it was snowing outside and I was worried that he would get cold. He had really trendy blonde hair and a lovely thin face, and he had the nicest smile in all the wide world. He was very tall and also quite thin, with really long arms that he could cuddle me with and I would feel so warm and safe.

He also had such a lovely accent, and I was so happy when he read to us from books. When we have children, I hope he reads to them in the same way because he makes stories interesting. I wouldn't have found As You Like It interesting were it not for him, nor Romeo and Juliet. But now he's gone, and I am Juliet.

The Darkest Gale

Welcome to my life
    Years
    right problem has appeared >.<
    its kinda silly but oh well

I used to go with this girl and it lasted a year until I went to highschool where we had to split. Usually I just move on after a while cause were still friends but now she is going with this other boy who gets into all sorts of trouble which then meant she wasn't allowed to see him(parents decision) . but that didn't stop her
    basically when she told me I lied and said I was cool when I bascially was stabbed in the back cause I was about to ask her out that night.
    what should I do
    silly I know

Last edited:
    Years
    The Darkest Gale: Good god, you're twelve years old. Go play or something. Wait a couple of years until you're much further down the road of personal development before pursuing relationships ('going out', how cute). Let her go.

Jolene: Statutory rape if there are sexual relations, most schools have rules on student-teacher relations, parents will never allow it if they find out. In short: 2/10. Better luck next time. Your trolling has gotten pretty sub-standard recently.

The Cynic

♥ These Perfect Abattoirs ♥
    Years
    The Darkest Gale: Good god, you're twelve years old. Go play or something. Wait a couple of years until you're much further down the road of personal development before pursuing relationships ('going out', how cute). Let her go.

What did you not reach puberty till you were 17? My first girlfirend was when I was 6. Do not patronise people either. It is obviously a problem for him ok so if you can't help him don't say anything.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    What did you not reach puberty till you were 17? My first girlfirend was when I was 6.
    LMAO
    Sorry, how can you really say you had a girlfriend when you were 6. Children just have friends, not girlfriends, how can you possibly say you had a real relationship at that age. Please learn the difference between a girlfriend and friends that are female.

@ Darkest Gale; don't worry about it, what Apophenia said, you don't need to worry about girlfriends and relationships at the moment. Just concentrate on making good friends, whether they're male or female. Try not to see females as potential girlfriends, they're not a different species after all, so you don't really need to treat them differently. xD

Last edited:
    Years
    What did you not reach puberty till you were 17?

That has nothing to do with things. Way to go. To answer your question, no, given I've been engaging in sexual activity for about ten months now.

My first girlfirend was when I was 6.

See Vendak's comment for my reply, with just a little extra vitriol, and a little extra amusement in the tone of my voice.

Do not patronise people either. It is obviously a problem for him ok so if you can't help him don't say anything.

Bawwwww. What, you think I replied to piss him off? I'm helping him by advising him against any rubbish like this at such an early age, when you have school and growing up to concentrate on.

The Cynic

Years
    LMAO
    Sorry, how can you really say you had a girlfriend when you were 6. Children just have friends, not girlfriends, how can you possibly say you had a real relationship at that age. Please learn the difference between a girlfriend and friends that are female.

emm... had my first kiss etc. etc. twas certainly affectionate if innocent and juvenile.

Bawwwww. What, you think I replied to piss him off? I'm helping him by advising him against any rubbish like this at such an early age, when you have school and growing up to concentrate on.

Its not rubbish, its important to him. Say, you had a guinea pig and you loved it very much. It provided comfort at a troubled time. It then goes and dies. You feel upset of course but most people do not understand. Its not the best metaphor in the world but it gets my point across. Its not rubbish because its important to him.

ArcanineOod

DESU.
    Years
    Oh my goodness! Is this an advice thread or a nag at each other thread?

Anyway, here's my problem, even though I'm really not sure any of you can do anything about it. (Longish length alert!)

Spoiler:

If you did bother to read it, thanks! I hope I get at least a little feedback. ^_^
    xX

The Cynic

Years
    Oh my goodness! Is this an advice thread or a nag at each other thread?

Anyway, here's my problem, even though I'm really not sure any of you can do anything about it. (Longish length alert!)

Spoiler:

If you did bother to read it, thanks! I hope I get at least a little feedback. ^_^
    xX

Do you know what? Go for it. It will be hard. But you can do it. I always loved the sciences. Absolutely enthralled by them. I really wanted to go all the way. I wanted to go to something like Oxford. I wasn't a pariculary stand-out pupil and I needed 5 highers (the equivelant of an english a level) at A grade and 3 adcanced highers at A grade to e even granted a chance of getting to Oxford. It seemed so inaccessible at first, but I stuck at it. Gave it my all. It was tough, very tough. But I managed to do it! And now I'm in my 2nd year of Physics at Oxford.

Basically what I'm saying, and it sound very cheesy, is if you can dream it you can do it. Give it your all. It will be hell. But you can do it. And when you do you reap the rewards. When I graduate I will be able to stroll over to the US or Japan or Germany and get a job in almost any sector. And if you can't do it, you tried your best and that way you can't be dissapointed. I realise not everyone can go to oxford but there are loads of brilliant unis in the world. You will get into one! You can do it!

~Good Luck, hope I helped!~

ArcanineOod

DESU.
    Years
    Well, congratulations on acheiving your Oxford dream! ^_^ Interestingly enough, Physics is another A Level I'm considering! XD

Thanks for the advice. I'll probably go for it, I think. After all, it's worth working extra hard to reap the rewards and to enjoy the part of it I love, right?
    I hope to go to Oxford, though UCL might be better for Archaeology. I haven't really done much research yet. My school gets a good percentage of girls into Oxbridge, so I'm sitting here with my fingers crossed hoping that with enough hard work, passion and enthusiasm, I can get a place. Universities are getting harder to enter these days, but I'm sure I'll get into somewhere good, even if my Ancient Greek's not so hot. Oxbridge colleges aren't the only good ones, after all. =3

Thanks again! ^_^
    xX

The Cynic

Years
    Well, congratulations on acheiving your Oxford dream! ^_^ Interestingly enough, Physics is another A Level I'm considering! XD

Thanks for the advice. I'll probably go for it, I think. After all, it's worth working extra hard to reap the rewards and to enjoy the part of it I love, right?
    I hope to go to Oxford, though UCL might be better for Archaeology. I haven't really done much research yet. My school gets a good percentage of girls into Oxbridge, so I'm sitting here with my fingers crossed hoping that with enough hard work, passion and enthusiasm, I can get a place. Universities are getting harder to enter these days, but I'm sure I'll get into somewhere good, even if my Ancient Greek's not so hot. Oxbridge colleges aren't the only good ones, after all. =3

Thanks again! ^_^
    xX

Glad I could be of help! Good Luck!

Years
    • Seen Aug 19, 2012
    My problem is more not urgent.

I've been wanting to go to Japan for a long time. Finally, I have the cash to go and get a hotel. The only issues are this:
    Fukuoka
    Yokohama
    Sapporo
    Pokemon Centers.

I don't know which is the best one to be closer to. More over, I don't only want to spend my time in the stores. Maybe I just suck really hard at searching for information, but I can not find anything else to do in Japan. I wanna go to an Aquarium (Preferably where the Whale Sharks are. ...no idea where that is.) a Zoo, a Park, and maybe a festival if there is one. Or even a theme park. Yet I can find none of these things.

So, there's my problem. XD

Years

I've been wanting to go to Japan for a long time. Finally, I have the cash to go and get a hotel. The only issues are this:
    Fukuoka
    Yokohama
    Sapporo
    Pokemon Centers.

I don't know which is the best one to be closer to. More over, I don't only want to spend my time in the stores. Maybe I just suck really hard at searching for information, but I can not find anything else to do in Japan. I wanna go to an Aquarium (Preferably where the Whale Sharks are. ...no idea where that is.) a Zoo, a Park, and maybe a festival if there is one. Or even a theme park. Yet I can find none of these things.

Well I did find what aquarium you are talking about with the whale sharks. The Okinawa Churaumi Aquarium.

I recommend going to a map site or better yet an actual map. And decide on which is the closest proximity to what you want to do. Maybe the map will show you somewhat what is there.

But, really the only help I can give is the name for the aquarium you were talking about. I'm sorry. :(
    [/worst advice]

Years

Fukuoka
    Yokohama
    Sapporo
    Pokemon Centers.

Much as I love Sapporo I wouldn't recommend it if you're planning to travel in the next few months. It gets cold up there. I know it has a zoo, the Maruyama zoo, but I haven't been to it because, frankly, zoos in Japan are a little sad looking from what I hear. As in sad for the animals because of small spaces and that sort of thing. Again, that's just what I heard. Sapporo is also more "American" in appearance. Very few old buildings, streets laid out on a grid pattern, etc. I don't mean to knock it. It would a great place to go if you had someone who's been there before and could show you around.

Yokohama was pretty nice when I visited it for a day in spring. Its Chinatown (what Yokohama is known for) is pretty big and has plenty of shopping you can do. It's of course close to Tokyo and there are plenty of pretty cheap trains (relatively speaking) running between them so you could take day trips to Shinjuku, Harajuku, Yoyogi Park, Akihabara, or wherever you want to go. I have no idea what kinds of zoos they have down there, but I did just find this place called the Hakkeijima Sea Palace, but it seems a bit out of the way.

I've never been to Fukuoka, but I've been to Kagoshima which is on the other side of Kyuushuu from Fukuoka and it was very pretty in the way most people imagine the natural parts of Japan to look. Hills, rivers, trees. Natural onsen if you're brave enough. There were lots of traditional looking buildings mixed in with modern ones, as well.

All these cities have Pokemon Centers (so I read) and all cities in Japan have festivals. Lots of them. The best time to be around for festivals is usually summer, but there's usually some kind of festival going on somewhere every day, but most won't be that large, but instead more like your local town parade. You'd need to look up a schedule of festivals for each city for the times you're considering going.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back