• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Post Your Problems Thread 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Alright, so I had great days at school and I finally asked a girl if she would go out with me and apparently we are going out...

Well, unlike 99% of the problems here which are HOW to get a girl. My problem is how to keep her. I'll be honest, she is my first girlfriend. All others were pseudos and pretenders. So I really don't know how the whole process should go. She is very social so she hangs out with other guys sometimes. I only have one class with her and she rides the bus, which are very big disadvantages. And I don't know about the whole relationship progress. If I should go slow or what sort.

Now instead of trying to start this I'm trying to keep this XP

Weatherman Kiyoshi

~Having one of THOSE days
    Years
  • Alright, so I had great days at school and I finally asked a girl if she would go out with me and apparently we are going out...

Well, unlike 99% of the problems here which are HOW to get a girl. My problem is how to keep her. I'll be honest, she is my first girlfriend. All others were pseudos and pretenders. So I really don't know how the whole process should go. She is very social so she hangs out with other guys sometimes. I only have one class with her and she rides the bus, which are very big disadvantages. And I don't know about the whole relationship progress. If I should go slow or what sort.

Now instead of trying to start this I'm trying to keep this XP

Well, I may not have much experience with this topic, here a a few rules I've devised, which I would try myself:

1. Be Yourself
    This may sound cheesey or whatever, but it's true. Being in a relationship, you expect only the truth from the other person, right? So do the same. If she actually does like you for who you are, it will be better in the long run.

2. Show a little affection
    Come on, spread the love! or in this case, like. or whatever floats your boat, dude. Simple things like hugs and suttle kisses can make a difference, and show you actually care about who you're going out with. Now don't go overboard, nobody wants someone clingy.
    3. There will be conflict
    On day, one day- there will be conflict. Healthy conflict is good in a relationship, just keep in mind: every. Couple. Has. Fights. Just don't be afraid, and work it out.

4. Work as a team
    If someone is in need, help them out. That's really all there is to it. Note: this does not go for murder, etc. XD

5. Respect
    Respect for the other person is important, I know you know that, so just keep it in the back of your head as a reminder.

And Note: don't blow off things planned with her unless something important comes up, and not just some BS.

Jolene

Your huckleberry friend
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Apr 18, 2024
    Okay. I need help. I just found out that Jack White is mad at me. I'm quite scared. He's been known to take down seven-nation armies in the past. What do I do?

Although, I quite like the way he describes me. Yes, very much.

Years
  • I have a new religion, and no one is taking it seriously. (Nondenominational Neopaganism) They're always trying to convert me to Christianity, so I don't know what I should tell them to make them accept that I'm serious about this?

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    Considering the fact that it is "nondenominational" may be what is also making it hard to believe, aside from Christian ignorance. It also depends on how you yourself practices it. Like if you do so seriously, and all the time, or it was just something you read in a book, and started believing in it. The only way to get them to understand though is if you explain it, and if they don't understand it, or refuse to understand it, afterwards, then that's their problem, not yours.

So it might be, that you have to prove them your are serious by proving that this religion is something you truly do believe in. And hopefully they aren't ignorant enough to believe that as long as your beliefs stick within the law, it should be fine.

EDIT: You know what I just realized? If someone were researching about the moon (like an elementary kid or something), and at one point was looking up the different phases; well "new moon" would be one of them, yet google comes up with tons of Twilight stuff... Way to disrupt a descent search pattern thingy Mayer... I wish the boos would just self ignite...

Last edited:
    Years
  • Hm.. it is a full moon.. maybe I can invite them over and show them. Thanks.

And yeah, I'm not sure about the legalities of it. Most of it is perfectly legal, but a few things are a little... lets say "gray".

Hm.. it is a full moon.. maybe I can invite them over and show them. Thanks.

And yeah, I'm not sure about the legalities of it. Most of it is perfectly legal, but a few things are a little... lets say "gray".
    Inviting them over might just be good, but if they don't want to come, then of course, don't force them.

But also, I have a question that you don't have to answer, but it would be nice. Nondenominational Neopaganism. Did you just suddenly change to it? And for what reason? People could just be in shock, or they could be afraid or whatever. I mean, suddenly changing faiths tends to be a rash decision. Even if you did just ease into it, they could still be in shock. The best thing to do [I think] would be to talk it over. Lots of people are confused about Paganism and what not, they believe that it is merely witchcraft and human sacrifices and all that yadda.

Also, assuming Wiccan beliefs influence you, nothing should really be illegal with it. The Wiccan Rede states: "An it harm none, do what thou wilt" or "Do what you will, so long as it harms none" So, you probably wouldn't be harming anyone or anything, so there is really no need to worry about that.

Last edited:

The Cynic

♥ These Perfect Abattoirs ♥
    Years
  • Hm.. it is a full moon.. maybe I can invite them over and show them. Thanks.

What? You realise the scenes in the da vinci code arn't actually what paganism is about, right?

By nedenominational pagansism do you mean pantheism? Sorry if I'm wrong...

Paganism was talked down by Christianity since the Romans suddenly decided they were going to accept it as a state religion. As a result Pagan symbols have been buthcered by Christans into Satanic Symbols. For example, the pentacle is often represented as a statanic sign, when it is not. As a result, your Christian friends might be just a little bit aprrehensive.

You have to explain your beliefs rationally to them, rather than just saying you like the idea. An ex-girlfriend of mine back in high school decided one day she would be pantheist based on the grounds that "she liked the idea". Explain in simple points why you feel the religion is right for you. You should be able to believe whatever you want. Just don't force your beliefs on other people or try and convert them. Its their choice in the end.

You should also maybe change your sig. before you give someone an epileptic fit. If your trying to make me suddenly believe in a god then its not working, your just giving me a headache and believe me, you don't wanna mess with me and a headache. I think your sig. is an example of how not to behave. The whole "Join Us" thing is the sort of stereotype that people have of paganism because of the whole Christians' bad publicity thing. You probbly shouldn't do that at your lunar thing.

I'm not sure how old you are but perhaps if you are still at school you should give a talk to your class about your religion, its history, its principal beliefs, why you like it excetera.

Don't let the whole "my friends don't like" it thing get to you or make you change your beliefs. If your friends can't accept that you have a different system of beliefs than them then they are not really friends.

I hope I have helped somewhat.

~The Cynic~

Bleh. I have troubles sleeping. I have a decent bed time of 9-10. I go to bed somewhere in those times. But, I go to BED, I don't fall asleep. I will just lie there in my bed staring at the ceiling, watching the T.V. or looking out the window. I've tried turning off the T.V., that only makes it harder to sleep. I s'pose that it could possibly the fact that my bed is like a rock with a bunch of holes in it. But, then again, that is ruled out because when often times when I am at, say, a friends house, it takes just as long to go to sleep.

So, my question boils down to: What are some good tips/ways to get to sleep?

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    Don't stay up late like me. XD

For me, it helps to think a lot, sort of like pre dreaming. XD (day dreaming if you like that term better). If I try to keep my mind blank, it only makes it worse. I can't fall asleep by distraction, otherwise I can't sleep, unless if I am already really tired.

Make sure not to drink apple juice or coffee before bed, or any soda.

Try to get comfortable too, like lying on your stomach first then on your side.

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
  • So, my question boils down to: What are some good tips/ways to get to sleep?
    Well, since your bed is not a place where one would be comfortable sleeping, how about finding a better alternative? How about the couch? I think you should replace your mattress as soon as possible, but that probably won't be happening anytime soon...

You should also relax yourself of any stress before going to bed. Perhaps sipping on some herbal tea or hot milk?

Well, since your bed is not a place where one would be comfortable sleeping, how about finding a better alternative? How about the couch? I think you should replace your mattress as soon as possible, but that probably won't be happening anytime soon...

You should also relax yourself of any stress before going to bed. Perhaps sipping on some herbal tea or hot milk?
    Hot milk and tea are just bleh. They taste horrible and don't seem to help. I also could not at this time, or probably any time in the near future afford a mattress. Plus, as the current state of things are, the couch is being slept on.

What about those egg carton foamy things? They would be good for covering the wholes, no? Then I could just put sheets over them yes?

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
  • Hot milk and tea are just bleh. They taste horrible and don't seem to help. I also could not at this time, or probably any time in the near future afford a mattress. Plus, as the current state of things are, the couch is being slept on.

What about those egg carton foamy things? They would be good for covering the wholes, no? Then I could just put sheets over them yes?
    Oh, I see. Do you mean a foam mattress/memory foam?

I'm not sure if you can afford one, but how about getting a used one? I don't know if you can cover the holes with foam. It's worth a try?

Mika

もえじゃないも
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2013
    You're going to need two so you can make a 'second matress or double a larger one over.

It should help quite a bit but a memory foam is still best.

The egg carton foam is 9 bucks at wallmart for a queen size. Memory foam is over 40 bucks but it's worth it.

Penguin13

Mountain Dew, Elixir of Life.
    Years
  • [I apologize about any foul language. This is crossposted]

Ok. So as some of you may remember, I joined the army. I left for training 6 July 2009. I've been at Ft. Knox for 32 weeks so far. Well.. I'm finally leaving in 2-3 months. But sadly, it's not on good terms. I might have mentioned before that I sustained a back injury. Well, it's worse than I thought, and I'm not healing properly. The army has decided that I'm not worth it. They're discharging me with a med-40. That means I do get benefits because they broke me. I'd rather not go home, but I have no choice. I intend on still serving as soon as I can. But I still have to recover and get back into shape. This really isn't the worst part though. What happened while here is what's really bothering me. It's got me on antidepressants, anxiety medicine, and sleep aids. It's ****ing with me hardcore. I can't sleep, concentrate, eat, etc. This is more of a rant to get it off my chest, but I do need help. Where better than my friends of AIJ?

(This is an excerpt of a letter to my girlfriend)

Nearly all of the 221 days I've been here, I've been beaten, abused; physically and mentally, made fun of, robbed, tortured, punished for others, and anything else you can think of... I haven't been entirely trithful with you, and this includes my injury. I told you that I had a muscle strain because I tried to charge a .50-cal. That's not true. I was pushed down a flight of strairs with a 60lb ruck sack on my back. I grabbed the rail right before I hit the bottom, with my head, and my ruck sack twisted my back. My bone spurs and arthritis were likely caused by all the beatings I've endured during BCT. While in PTRP, it's likely that I would've recovered faster and properly had it not have been for the beatings endured there. I don't know why they did it, instead of leaving me alone... During BCT, it was most from two people from Hawaii because I'm a haole. Everyone else did it because they think I'm gay or something other ****ing stupid reason. In additional to that, I was ganged up on in the shower. They left me naked, crying on the shower floor. Not only did they beat me, but they put Biofreeze (stronger than IcyHot/Bengay) on my... privates... (front and back)... They blamed me for every ****ing thing that went wrong.I got nearly 30 counseling statements and had to write over 20,000 works of essays. I also got the dogshit smoked out of me on a daily basis. Another contributing factor to my injury... Oh, the same **** happened in FTU, but it was because I was too fat... In PTRP, the same **** happened, except this is where I was robbed and tortured... My locks got cut, pieces taken off the locker, smashed doors, and anything else to get in it. Over $500 worth of clothing and equipment was stolen. I've had to repay all of that, in addition to counseling statements. None of my personal items or pictures were touched, because "that's going too far." Being tortured on the other hand, everything was game. My locker has been tipped, flipped, moved and stolen. I had to remake my bunk at least 10 times a week, usually after having to search for it, wash the foot powder, shaving cream, hand sanitizer out of it, etc. One day I just left my linen in my locker and slept in my sleeping bag... Well, they gagged me, tied me inside of it, and dragged me up and down the stairs, through the shower, then dangled me out of the third floor window. I just wished they had dropped me and ended it all... anything would've been better than all this ****. They even put Biofreeze in my eyes, as well as what was done in BCT. Oh, and they've pissed in my canteen and even on me. Believe me... I've been through too much ****. Thone only thing that has kept me from... ending it... is the thought of you... your love, support, everything. I cry myself to sleep most nights missing you. YCA was one thing.. But this is plain hell.

[...] The real me is so stressed out over everything that's happening that I'm getting stress-enduced canker sores and ulcers in my stomach and can't sleep for fear of being beaten. The real me is only able to deal with this by getting ****ed up on my pain medication. I'm light-headed, dizzy and out of it 24/7. It's the only way I can take my mind off everything. The real me doesn't want to get 'stoned' to deal with his problems.

Well, life I said last night... I'm on some medications... The first one I mentioned was in the first letter, Tramadol. It's a painkiller, and it's pretty strong (mainly because I've never had narcotics in my life). As I mentioned, it makes me dizzy, light-headed and... 'stoned' if you want to call it that. It's pretty much the only thing that keeps me sane. But, it also gives me really bad stomachaches. Add the stress to that, and it makes me throw up a lot. In addition to throwing up, stress causes some other effects... Nosebleeds, anxiety, nervousness, loss of appetite, shortness of breath, mood swings, crying... It's all ****ing retarded. To counteract that, I'm one some anxiety medicine. I'm also have a lot of trouble sleeping because I have too much **** on my mind. So I'm on a sleep aid... Now for the antidepressant. It's because of everything that happened here, the whole med-40 thing (what I'm going to do now and after I get out until I can rejoin), my parents are turning around and straight ****ing me. Before they said they support me, now it's the opposite. The problems with relationships in general; the fact I've had absolutely no friends (despite what I've written) here, and the whole thing with us... And last but not least, I think white kitty might not be making it too much longer. She's had feline leukemia since birth, and it's starting to win.... and I'm not sure if she's going to make it until I get back. It's just everything stacked up on eachother and me bottling it up, not being able to do anything. It's ****ing me up hardcore... I'm not sure how much more or longer I can handle this... It's really starting to take it's toll...

Years
  • Paraphrased:
    The army ... broke me.
    I intend on still serving as soon as I can.
    I've been beaten, abused; physically and mentally, made fun of, robbed, tortured, punished for others, and anything else you can think of.
    Pardon me for asking, but why exactly do you still want to be in the army?

Everything you've described sounds inhuman and, frankly, a bit unbelievable. I'm no lover of the military, but I still wouldn't expect the things you've describe to really happen to the level you're talking about, but maybe I'm being naive about it. Putting that aside, if they're letting you go I'd get out while the getting's good. What good is it going to do you, your girlfriend or your country if they break you again, perhaps permanently, or get you killed? Do you honestly think things will be different the second time around?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back