• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Post Your Problems Thread 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

PZLMKBB

Begining Hacker
Years
  • I think this goes here....

If it doesnt please move it...

*sighs* guys what should I do teachers at school are making me feel stupidd cuase Im a C student and not a B student to do most year 11 courses they say I need atleast a B in most subjects and Im only getting C's but I try really really really hard and there pratacily saying Im not going to go anywere. What should I do keep at it or give up knowing Im not going to go anywere

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Mar 12, 2018
    If it doesnt please move it...

*sighs* guys what should I do teachers at school are making me feel stupidd cuase Im a C student and not a B student to do most year 11 courses they say I need atleast a B in most subjects and Im only getting C's but I try really really really hard and there pratacily saying Im not going to go anywere. What should I do keep at it or give up knowing Im not going to go anywere

To tell the truth, in this job market, you really aren't going to make it as a C student.
    You need to at least aim for B. Rather, you should be aiming at an A from the start.

If you want my honest opinion on this, I would recommend cutting yourself off from your internet/consoles and dedicating to your studies, but you've probably heard that plenty of times.

Come up with a schedule for study and play, and stick to it. Don't go off to play until you've finished up your homework [yes, breaks are allowed, just control yourself on them]. When exams are coming up, dedicate studying, rather, do so with friends to make sure you're actually getting it right. Also ask your teacher for anything you get stuck on. I'm pretty sure if you do that, you'd probably easily get an A.

EDIT: Oh right, important thing. Remember, it doesn't matter how well you do as long as you're doing better than everyone else. If everyone else is scoring C's and below, you're doing fine. If everyone else is getting B's and A's, you really should consider dropping some fun. C normally represents "average" and the job market is generally looking for "above average" at least. Though, make sure you sharpen your grades for college. How well you do in high school is for the college you get into, and how well you do in college represents the chance you have in the Job Market.

Last edited:
    Years
  • <: Don't worry about your teachers. I'm not going to suggest you make major changes in your lifestyle as you'll only do that properly if you feel that you need to do that by yourself, but I will tell you that feeling bad about it is not going to help. I went from an A student down to a C student, even D once ... I think, because I got depressed over this C that I got for english. And this is year 12. :/

No matter what you do, as long as you do what you like doing, and you keep at it (lawl at how cliche this sounds), you'll get where you want to go.

Last edited:

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • If it doesnt please move it...

Merged this into the "Post your Problems" Thread.

Anyway, talk to your teachers. Ask them where you need to improve, if there's anything you can do for extra credit, if they know anyone who might be able to tutor you to help concepts sink in. There are a lot of options but no reason to give up! Even if teachers see you're dedicated to getting better (instead of just a deadbeat who doesn't care about anything), they might go out of their way to help you out.

But giving up... isn't worth it. It closes too many doors which is a really bad thing so early in life. D:

Surmonter

Hear No Evil
    Years
  • If it doesnt please move it...

I don't understand how C can be average, but you have to have above that to actually go further.

:| Contradiction.

Jolene

Your huckleberry friend
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Apr 18, 2024
    Can you tell me the name of a good charity which is dedicated to preventing human trafficking, or which is dedicated to helping rescued victims of trafficking? I have been looking on Google to try and find a charity like that and although I have found a lot of charities I haven't heard of any of them before so I'm not sure whether I can trust them really. I really want to donate some money for this cause.

Thank you.

BareBones

The kids are all messed up.
    Years
  • Ehm... how to put this without it sounding so... cliche.

I may have fallen for my best friend. I say may have, I have no idea if I have. I care about her deeply but I have issues seperating a very good friend and someone I love.
    I know she was leading me on a while ago, she's typically flirty, and I fell for it. But I'm scared that, if I do, how to tell my parents that I'm into women more than men, and I'm scared she won't ever feel the same way back. And I'm scared to take the chance. I'm scared that she isn't into women and she'll be different around me.

What do I do?

Years
  • Can you tell me the name of a good charity which is dedicated to preventing human trafficking, or which is dedicated to helping rescued victims of trafficking? I have been looking on Google to try and find a charity like that and although I have found a lot of charities I haven't heard of any of them before so I'm not sure whether I can trust them really. I really want to donate some money for this cause.

Thank you.
    Google Human Trafficking Charities for this
    Ehm... how to put this without it sounding so... cliche.

I may have fallen for my best friend. I say may have, I have no idea if I have. I care about her deeply but I have issues seperating a very good friend and someone I love.
    I know she was leading me on a while ago, she's typically flirty, and I fell for it. But I'm scared that, if I do, how to tell my parents that I'm into women more than men, and I'm scared she won't ever feel the same way back. And I'm scared to take the chance. I'm scared that she isn't into women and she'll be different around me.

What do I do?

The first and foremost thing you must do; is make sure. Be 110% sure before you do anything.

Often telling her can make it uncomfortable for her or you depending on your personalities and if she is your best friend, then it's a huge loss. >:
    I don't think you should worry about your parents. Tell them when you need to tell them, and when you are telling them, remember that you're telling them, not asking for advice (unless you are asking for advice too, in which case, be aware of both and don't give in to guilt).

Depending on how much you like her, it might also be a better option to leave it alone. You could in a way, 'test' her to see if she's into women or men or both by bringing up the subject of hetero/homo/bisexuality.

Again, I know that this may be hard, but depending on how important her friendship is to you, you may have to get over your feelings if she is heterosexual for sure.

Last edited:

Gardenia101

Official Lurker
    Years

What do I do?
    It can be confusing when you love a best friend, especially if that friend is your same gender.

It's not necessarily natural for girls to like girls and boys to like boys, but it can be a rather common case. But, really, you probably don't love her in such mutual attraction that Boys/Girls have, but more of a I-care-about-you-so-much way. Tell her you have deep feelings for her, and tell her no more until you hear her reply. If she says she feels the same way, you can become... closer. If she says something like "Well, we are friends, right?" that means she doesn't get what you are saying and you should have a long talk with her. Or, if you want to try and stay on the "Purest" path, accept that you love her as family (And more), and don't risk your riendship with her.

PZLMKBB

Begining Hacker
    Years

What do I do?

well this sounds sort of tricky but there is a solution, one make sure she was only leading you if it is serouis what she was doing then you have a chance, observe from a safe distance while acting like yourself, make sure its not just a simple crush, as for your parents ease into it they SHOULD be understanding after all you are there daughter. I hope this helps sometimes my advice works sometimes it doesn't :S I also recommend you talk to your schools guidance officer or whatever :)

Years
    • Seen Jan 23, 2011
    Hey.
    So I've grown apart from my 'best friends'. Well, this happened a while ago: they found a new group of people to hang out with, and kinda left me behind.
    I've tried hanging out with the 'new group', but tbh, I don't like them. I spent ages trying to fit in, and I started to get on really well with them again, but it was always me making the effort.
    So I started hanging out with new friends, but I drifted from them.

So basically, everytime I get close to people, I drift from them, is there something wrong with me?

Currently I'm close with a few indidiuals, but I'm not in a group per say. And when I see all the photos and statuses of 'how great the party was' that I was wasn't invited to by my old group of friends, it really gets me down.

And I know the obvious thing is to meet new people, but I can't. I suck at it, tbh. :|

Gardenia101

Official Lurker
    Years
  • Hey.
    So I've grown apart from my 'best friends'. Well, this happened a while ago: they found a new group of people to hang out with, and kinda left me behind.
    I've tried hanging out with the 'new group', but tbh, I don't like them. I spent ages trying to fit in, and I started to get on really well with them again, but it was always me making the effort.

So basically, everytime I get close to people, I drift from them, is there something wrong with me?

Currently I'm close with a few indidiuals, but I'm not in a group per say. And when I see all the photos and statuses of 'how great the party was' that I was wasn't invited to by my old group of friends, it really gets me down.

And I know the obvious thing is to meet new people, but I can't. I suck at it, tbh. :|
    You might feel uncomfortable around people, even though you don't know it. Bring a laptop everywhere and everyone on the Pokecommunity will be your friends

Just hang around here for a while, then try and go on to new people. No biggie.

Years
  • Hey.

My sister went through this when a new member joined her group. The ONLY thing you can do in this case, is remain friends but move onto a new group. Personally, I'm the type of person who drifts from group to group and I find it pretty easy to blend into a new group if everyone likes me. I feel that the worst thing you can do when you're in a position like this, is be anxious. Socially, nerves are the worst inhibitors ever. You have to be confident.

How do you be confident? Stop being anxious. Find a new hobby, or devote yourself more to an older one. Get a haircut or style it a different way. Something new that you can do easily and are good at.

Friends and a new group will just enter your life naturally after you start showing everyone the you with flair. Although this coming from me is very hypocritical, don't be pessimistic. :> Would you like to hang out in the sewers or soar in the clouds provided you could survive in both? People feel the same way. Start picturing the glass as half empty only because you expected it to be full. :>

Magmarizer

Hitokiri Battōsai
    Years
  • Bring a laptop everywhere and everyone on the Pokecommunity will be your friends
    yes this is true jackgamer. why do you need real friends? Personally i hate being with more than a few people. sitting in my room alone listing to music and discussing pokemon is bliss for me :)

PZLMKBB

Begining Hacker
    Years
  • Hey.

hmm similer to me by the sounds, espcaily in this teen world its hard but you can do it, Ill admit its hard meeting new people at school for me atleast as I have a mild form of ASD (Asperger Syndrom Disorder) anyway what Im getting at is this,its hard now but you can do it I get alot of what you do get close to people and then drift away. Who says a group cant be 2-5 people mine is and its great sure they can get grumpyy at times if I am on my site late or take longer to eat but still I stick by them and you will soon relize that there is a group for you, maybe you just gotta form it

Years
    • Seen Jan 23, 2011
    Hey guyzz,
    I'm feeling better about it already.
    I can just drift from group to group, it'll be fine. Worst things have happened.
    i'm reinventing myself anyway, so :D

Lady Nicole

hello o.o
    Years
  • I have a problem. Here it is:

I was in a relationship for 1 year with a guy 17 years older than me and living in Singapore (him, not me). I love him to death, which he knows, and I helped him with a lot of things... 2 days ago we broke up because of an argument which made no sense. These types of arguments are common. He acts like a girl with PMS and he's the one who wanted to ended it. This is what my friend said: "first of all... I told you before, that entering a relationship with him will bring you continues hurt. He is not very settle, and you know he emo alot. He has alot of sudden emotional swing. 2nd....... the distance is a barier.... a huge one. I know from experience. It's hard........ you know and he know. and he knows that he cant do what you can do. Maybe he feel stress, maybe there are preasure that says he is making use of a girl. Maybe you 2 need to cool off, who knows maybe you all can start on a clean page again."

But he said he doesn't like to be feeling obligated in a relationship. Since he said this, is he even worth getting back? How can there be any hope if he doesn't like to be feeling obligated in a relationship at the age of 37?

Zet

Years

I was in a relationship for 1 year with a guy 17 years older than me and living in Singapore (him, not me). I love him to death, which he knows, and I helped him with a lot of things... 2 days ago we broke up because of an argument which made no sense. These types of arguments are common. He acts like a girl with PMS and he's the one who wanted to ended it. This is what my friend said: "first of all... I told you before, that entering a relationship with him will bring you continues hurt. He is not very settle, and you know he emo alot. He has alot of sudden emotional swing. 2nd....... the distance is a barier.... a huge one. I know from experience. It's hard........ you know and he know. and he knows that he cant do what you can do. Maybe he feel stress, maybe there are preasure that says he is making use of a girl. Maybe you 2 need to cool off, who knows maybe you all can start on a clean page again."

But he said he doesn't like to be feeling obligated in a relationship. Since he said this, is he even worth getting back? How can there be any hope if he doesn't like to be feeling obligated in a relationship at the age of 37?
    Nicole it's great to see you back here and how did you get into this sort of relationship? XD

But I'd say if you really do love him and he does PMS a lot he might come back groveling to you in few days/weeks and then it's up to you decide if you want to get back together with him or not. But if you do get back together with him and he ends the relationship again, it just isn't worth it to get back together again if he comes groveling back another time.

Years

You two need to talk, seriously. I had the /exact/ same problem with my ex-girlfriend and she described me as you described him to her friends.

Either he is going to keep hurting you or you guys work it out, or you guys end it. I think you guys have gone 'out of sync' and that's pretty common for long distance relationships when changes in lifestyle can change how you see and think about things.

Maybe he doesn't want to feel obligated to be in this relationship because a certain facet of it is overwhelming, not the whole picture.

Logically speaking, you'll be moving mountains before this works out. He sounds like he's developing a mild personality disorder or is rather fake.

Lady Nicole

hello o.o
    Years
  • Thanks for the advice, but nvm... decided to forget about him.

Nicole it's great to see you back here and how did you get into this sort of relationship? XD

Hi Zet :) lol. I found him in Pirate King Online o.o I've quitted now, he said it's selfish of me to quit... but I only endured it to be with him. Why should I keep playing that stupid game?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back