• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Post Your Problems Thread

Are these answers helpful?

• Yes

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • No

Votes: 8 38.1%
  • Somewhat

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • For a Pokemon forum

Votes: 6 28.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Dec 4, 2008
    Aliens...and whatnot

Okay. I have this really bad fear of aliens. I don't know why. If I even catch a glance at a picture of an alien, I freak out. I start thinking they're out to get me. Ugh...I'm scared right now! *trembling in fear*

I just really need someone to talk to. Anyone, I don't care who. I would go see a therapist, but it's expensive. Anyone out there got a few minutes to help a guy out?

Twinx

s o m e t h i n g M O R E
    Years
  • Okay. I have this really bad fear of aliens. I don't know why. If I even catch a glance at a picture of an alien, I freak out. I start thinking they're out to get me. Ugh...I'm scared right now! *trembling in fear*

I just really need someone to talk to. Anyone, I don't care who. I would go see a therapist, but it's expensive. Anyone out there got a few minutes to help a guy out?
    When did this fear start? Did you maybe watch a movie about aliens or something?

Ultimo Spriter

I'm back ...
    Years
  • Umm there is this girl at my girl who like im relly good friends (like really good) and i want to ask her out on a date but 1 i dont relly know how and 2 she likes some guy he aparently has a hot body but an ugly head. pleaz help

Angela

Aristocracy
    Years
  • Okay. I have this really bad fear of aliens. I don't know why. If I even catch a glance at a picture of an alien, I freak out. I start thinking they're out to get me. Ugh...I'm scared right now! *trembling in fear*

That's just ridiculuos, aliens don't exist and I advise you from watching horror movies if you can't handle the stress that comes from them,

When watching a horror movie you must keep in mind.
    1. It's not real.
    2. This will never happen to you.
    3. And this was all invented by some writer.
    4. They can't come after you.
    5. And the worst thing that can happen is a nightmare.

(I'm assuming that your fear comes from movies, if there were no alien movies or comics, the word alien would only apply to immigrants from other country's.)

Twinx

s o m e t h i n g M O R E
    Years
  • Umm there is this girl at my girl who like im relly good friends (like really good) and i want to ask her out on a date but 1 i dont relly know how and 2 she likes some guy he aparently has a hot body but an ugly head. pleaz help
    IMO, if she's telling you who she's interested in, then she must consider you as a friend... a really good one but nothing more..

Anxiety.

Walking on sunshine.
    Years
  • I really need some advice...

My friend's uncle's brain is slowly shutting down, and he'll soon die, and, obviously my friend is panicking, she really loves him, and knows there is no way for him to be cured from this now. I need some advice on how to calm her down, this morning she broke down into tears and had to leave the classroom, I just want to help her, but I've never really been through anything like this (My great nan died when I was about three, and then, I didn't know what was going on, I can't remember how anyone dealt with it) so I can't help her properly, I just need someone to tell me how to help her, even if it's just something to say. I'm praying that he'll go painlessly, and that it'll be as late as possible, I've never met him, but I'm sure he's a lovely person, and I hope he goes to the best place you can in his afterlife, so he'll be happy.

Please, I just want some advice, I don't know what to do, and I can't just watch her break down into tears everyday, please, anything... It's so painful just to sit and watch...

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
  • All you can really do is to be there and comfort her. It is going to hurt and until she accepts what is going to happen to him she will continue to be upset and cry, and when he does pass away comfort her. Isn;t really anything else that you can do.

Pikalover10

I'M BACK!
    Years
  • At school, next quarter i have to write a book for specials and then read it to a class of kindergarteners....I don't know a good idea for a book....so could people please VM me their ideas??? Thanks and it would help alot.:)

Mr. Curling Iron

u kujw bux :d
    Years
  • Ok.

Time to write a long story :/

Umm i'm in australia so if you know some australian laws and stuff that'd help me out not trying to be ungrateful ;-;

Ok my girlfriend's mum hates me now and she is stopping my gf from having a social life... She stopped her from going to school because I could talk to her through her friends and stuff... Her mums making her act like shes sick so that she stays at home under her "eagle eyes."

Now, she was given an option, " Leave your bf and we'll move you to a different school and things will be 'ok' ", or, "We'll move to another state or country," but she doesnt want either of them, so shes going to run away..

Her plan was to run away from home, and take her stuff, and take a bit of money from her dads wallet so that she could get accomodation for a while, and later on get a job for herself, but I told her not to take the money and i've promised her that she'll stay with me at my place, or we'll both run away together and yeah...

Now, the thing is that we dont want her mum from interfeiring once shes at my place. So is there anyway for her (15 years old) to get foster parents (my parents) (foster or under my parents' care) but they havent registered as foster parents yet.. Her reason isnt abuse/violence, but its her parents trying to get rid of her social life and getting rid of me (which she would never ever ever do. trust me, I didnt give her the idea of running away...) and also, they're getting her depressed and etc etc. Leaving her current school, friends, everyone.

She's not allowed to do anything at the moment :/

Also, please dont tell me and her to forget the realtionship and just go different ways because this is real love and we're doing this for each other. I'm sticking with her forever regardless of the outcomes and i'd rather die then leave her...
    No this isnt teenage puppy love.

again, not trying to be ungrateful but I'm not looking for moral or w/e advice. I'm looking for a way to keep her living with me at my house...

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
  • She can't run away from her parents. Her parents are being out of order and I don't know the law but she defiantly won't be able to move in with you, due to her age. But if your love is as strong as you say it is you can work through it.

What made your GFs mum hate you? That seems to be the cause and maybe if you went to talk to her you could sort it out. I think her parents are taking it to the extreme with the moving country over a school relationship. I know it could develop to go much further than that but right now it just a school relationship and that is what she should see it as.

Her mum could be worried that you will her hurt or that she will lose her daughter, but I don't think you would do that from the post and at some point she is going to have to let her daughter grow up and move out and if she is in a loving relationship when that happens I believe that is much more beneficial and safer.

So try and talk to the mother but DEFIANTLY don't go ahead with the running away plan as that will cause a whole load more problems as you could face kidnapping charges.

Mr. Curling Iron

u kujw bux :d
    Years
  • :/ She is running away on her own accord and i am providing accomodation. AND. its not a school relationship, shes about an hour drive away from me and her mum started hating me (and her) after finding out that she was going out with me as a secret and her school grades have apparently dropped by heaps. and also that me and her had it... :/

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
  • Ok well school age. I don't agree with you "having it" control yourself. Jesus I can why can't the rest of the underage population.

I doesn't make a difference if they are running away of their own accord and as you are providing accommodation you can be seen as an accessory to this and prosecuted. At least as far as I am aware.

I have a relationship like that. Parents always hate them as they see it as pointless to date someone that lives far away. I think that is caused by being scared of the daughter moving to be with you.

Running away defiantly isn't the answer. That is a very childish thing do to. Your have to act like adults to handle this and prove that she she is acting like the child and has to give her daughter more freedom.

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
  • Lol. I know that. If you were her uncle it would be time to call the police. xD

On a serious side. Running away= a complete waste of time. It just isn't logical. It is in no way the right thing to do. You have to sort it out with her mum and if her grades have dropped she has to sort that out. But if her mum is doing that there isn't anything you can do other than try to reason with her. Try telling your parents and see if they will talk to her mum. That sometimes works.

jasonresno

[fight through it]
    Years
  • Yeah, if you act immature then that's how you'll be treated. Running away is stupid. Don't be dramatic and certainly don't do anything to tip the dynamics of your lives too much. Just muscle it out and earn her parents respect or at least acceptance. Tell her to get her grades and stuff together and deal with it.

Did I mention I got turned down for the loan?

Not happy.

Saltare.

Brain bangin'
    Years
  • ^ sorry :(

My prob:

Okay, my best friend, Ashley, moved to Kentucky and I didn't get to say good-bye to her. I can't find her Myspace, or anything. But she moved to Kentucky to get closer to her brother who she hasn't seen in 3 years, and her dad who she hasn't seen for a while.

Still, she was my best friend and we can't even talk anymore. And my other friend, Loren, is a bit bummed himself cause he liked her(he's 15 and she's 13) And before that, Loren got sent to the hospital to have sergury done on his spine, so he wasn't here when she moved.

How can I get over this? Please help.

Mewcario

Do The DooDoo!
    Years
  • How do I get this girl I sit next to at science to stop bullying me and calling me mean names when I say something? Also how do I get this kid dylan to stop threatning me whenever I do something? How can I stick up for myself? what can I say? Also how do I become a bully so I can get respect?

I get bullied all my life and I need advice.

Saltare.

Brain bangin'
    Years
  • How do I get this girl I sit next to at science to stop bullying me and calling me mean names when I say something? Also how do I get this kid dylan to stop threatning me whenever I do something? How can I stick up for myself? what can I say? Also how do I become a bully so I can get respect?

I get bullied all my life and I need advice.

Welcome to my world.....we got cookies

On topic:

Well the girl thing, if she doesn't have a boyfriend, or isn't going out with anyone, she probably likes you.

Dylan thing: Tell the principle or a teacher. In my school, if someone threatens you or hits you, you get a little talk with the deputy. And if you are afraid to speak up, kick Dyan's ***

Some ways to stick up for yourself are just the simple two words almost everyone uses "Stop it" or tell a teacher. Or the reason I took Martial Arts and got my black belt, DEFEND YOURSELF. If the person wants to pick a fight, just say "bring it on" and fight em. It can turn out good or bad, but you were defending yourself if you get in trouble.

Mewcario

Do The DooDoo!
    Years
  • I get bullied everyday and let people bully me.

I want to say something but I just cant.....

Thanks.

But kiara doesnt like me, in 8th grade she told me I was a ugly retarded nerd and will never get a girlfriend.

Saltare.

Brain bangin'
    Years
  • I get bullied everyday and let people bully me.

I want to say something but I just cant.....

Thanks.

But kiara doesnt like me, in 8th grade she told me I was a ugly retarded nerd and will never get a girlfriend.

*slaps hand on forehead* Look dude, Ima girl. I know what we do to show we like a boy. I have told that to a boy once and ended up going bowling with him the next weekend and seeing a movie. Get what I'm saying?

And why? Are you afraid of what's going to happen if you speak up? If so, don't be. I know the person might try and "attack" you, but, if word gets to the principle, everything is gonna get straightened out. I promise you.

Something like that happened to me just a few weeks ago. This kid Shayne, was bulling me and he admitted to the principle he was just joking around to get closer to me.

Same thing with girls.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back