• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Student Chat Thread

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2012
    [SIZE="a"]1500 is pretty easy! :b but I've always been good at essays. Which is why my English class this year is so boring. My teacher told us we may write well over a dozen essays. .-.. Which would be fine, I guess, if she just let us write them however we pleased. But she has so many ridiculous guidelines that aren't even a part of any standards, just personal preference... Urgh.[/SIZE]

Years
  • I did my resit today! \o/
    I doubt I pulled my grade up at all because this exam sucked. There wasn't any flow to the questions, their suppose to have one theme running through it so they can mark you on your examples given but this time it was all over the place :< The first question was about somewhere that rents houses and the next was about some disabled woman buying a new computer. Then there was the wording of the questions. Good god it was so difficult to understand! I'm so glad my college switched from this course. And just to top it all off there was two essay questions slipped into it :( Usually there's only one, or none at all.

Oh! And I managed to write my name wrong on the paper because you're actually suppose to sign it when you type up your exam :x

A 1500-word essay has been assigned to us as part of our final grade. It is due on Thursday, and today our instructor posted what we should do and the topic at hand. Neat, no?
    That's doable. Probably won't be done to a good standard but then again neither will anyone elses. x]

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
    Years
  • Oh! And I managed to write my name wrong on the paper because you're actually suppose to sign it when you type up your exam :x

I knew you were derp but damn that's low lol. Still, I hope you get a better grade and stuff. It's pretty hard not to in a retake, from my experience anyway.

Speaking of retakes I retook a maths exam on Friday. It was the hardest paper of its unit I've ever seen.

Years
    • Seen Mar 28, 2012
    It is doable. But I have to study for my maths (Monday) AND computer science (Friday) final exams. I'll have to get help from someone, at the very least, just to hit a decent grade for my average GPA.

I wasn't always good in writing essays since I always have had a difficult time expressing what I think on paper.

On a different note, I got an average of 90 on my JAVA programming midterm course. Wohoo.

Years

• I knew you were derp but damn that's low lol. Still, I hope you get a better grade and stuff. It's pretty hard not to in a retake, from my experience anyway.

Speaking of retakes I retook a maths exam on Friday. It was the hardest paper of its unit I've ever seen.

1) Lmao writing your name wrong deserves a zero! Especially if it's an English paper.

2) You better have kicked some exam ass, especially since I trained you a little. THE WEAK BOW DOWN TO THE STRONG. SUCH IS THE WAY OF THE DARK SIDE.

Nihilego

Years

• You better have kicked some exam ass, especially since I trained you a little. THE WEAK BOW DOWN TO THE STRONG. SUCH IS THE WAY OF THE DARK SIDE.

It wasn't the same exam you've been helping me with, lol. That one's this Friday and it's miles harder ugh. Still nothing like the stuff you do tho, lol, that's crazy.

Montgomery said:
    It is doable. But I have to study for my maths (Monday) AND computer science (Friday) final exams. I'll have to get help from someone, at the very least, just to hit a decent grade for my average GPA.

Eh, you've got a good amount of time between those to get some decent revision done.

Years
  • Changing majors is probably going to mean I have to go to school an extra year, but I am in love with my new major. Psychology is just... <3

Psychology is very interesting for me too, but sadly I had a very bad professor for my general Psychology course (gen. ed requirement so I had to take it and very important prerequisite if one is going to pursue Psychology) who should have retired years ago and landed a D in it. Well, it's behind me now, I guess ]:

Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Feb 1, 2016
    Psychology is very interesting for me too, but sadly I had a very bad professor for my general Psychology course (gen. ed requirement so I had to take it and very important prerequisite if one is going to pursue Psychology) who should have retired years ago and landed a D in it. Well, it's behind me now, I guess ]:

Yeah, psychology is very interesting. First I thought it is going to be boring but then I realized how great subject it is.

BTW, I have great timetable at the moment, WWW-layout and audio production at Mondays, HTML and CSS at Tuesdays, WWW-layout at Wednesdays, After Effects and WWW technics at Thursdays and video course at Fridays.

Years
  • I did psychology at AS level, I thought it was amazing! It was so interesting and there was so much to take in. But I ended up failing it xD I had a great teacher and everything, but non of the important stuff stuck in my head. My psychology teacher is convinced that it was the fact I'm dyslexic and just been untested but I know that the stuff like statistics and how to analyse results and stuff just weren't sticking x]

BTW, I have great timetable at the moment, WWW-layout and audio production at Mondays, HTML and CSS at Tuesdays, WWW-layout at Wednesdays, After Effects and WWW technics at Thursdays and video course at Fridays.

omg what subject course are you studying that sounds amazing o.o

Shiny

content creator on twitch
    Years
  • I'm in my final year of high school and currently I need a fifth subject and am pretty clueless as to what I actually can do. See, I have two englishes, a science and a commerce subject and no real idea as to my future. I've considered many careers such as jewelry design, teaching, interior designer, nurse, social worker, party planner etc but none of them really stick with me : (

Can I not just be a professional member of PC?

Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Feb 1, 2016
    I did psychology at AS level, I thought it was amazing! It was so interesting and there was so much to take in. But I ended up failing it xD I had a great teacher and everything, but non of the important stuff stuck in my head. My psychology teacher is convinced that it was the fact I'm dyslexic and just been untested but I know that the stuff like statistics and how to analyse results and stuff just weren't sticking x]

omg what subject course are you studying that sounds amazing o.o

Audiovisual examination. I'm studying to become media assistant. :)

Years
  • I just want you guys to know that if anyone ever has a problem with maths, feel free to drop me a line and I'll see what I can do. Free of charge, no strings attached.

Years
  • I finished my Spanish exams today. It was the easiest Spanish test out of any I have ever had. Seriously. I hope none of them were trick questions.

Oh.

Last day of exams is tomorrow! It's English... more essays... yay.

AnastasiaStardustXiaolong

Resident Zacian
    Years
  • I was being whispered answers by an invisable sporce again for my hystory exam today. I couldn't tell whpo it was this time though. it couldve been any charecter at all. I doubt it was my sig charecter cause id know. This is becomming SERIOUSLY Wierder then wierd........... Now i wonder what will happen in chorus next semester?

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    Gah, I did TERRIBLE in my last Math's exam. I just couldn't grasp any of it. I ended up with a U. Don't judge me. My Math's teacher is making me resit it in March, so I've got a lot of revision to be doing. ;.;

Years
    • Seen Mar 28, 2012
    I pretty much failed my maths final exam. I just loathe infinite series. I have a physics exam tomorrow, but I'm having trouble with thermodynamics, especially when it comes to entropy and Carnot engine. Adding to that we have to do the exam on the computer; there are not partial grades on the concept (how you solved and whatnot), just the answer. You solve on a scratch paper and just input the answer. If you missed the answer by a small number, the question is ruled ALL wrong. Neat, no?

Nihilego

Years
  • Well, my exams are done now until June. Which means I should be posting a bit more lol. Managed to thoroughly mess up most of the exams this month though.

TwiDragon

The fun shawl be doubled!
    Years
  • Had exams this week, everything besides my Chemistry exam flew super easiler. The US History exam was a joke. All of the questions went something like this.
    "Who was the first president"
    "A.Greg Washington,b. John Washington,c. George Washington, d. Josh Dover"

Yeah, really easy!

I have a hard exam tommorow with Algebra II, I've never been interested with Math, have always been more of a History guy. Hope I can at least pass it :P

Mentalii

Back
    Years
  • I had History exams this Thursday... History-Geography mock exams more precisely. I failed ! I totally failed ! But we had really twisted questions...
    We had to speak about economic growth during the last century, a big question about land settlement and so on... It was really twisted. I fear the results !

And my maths and sciences exams are next year, I'm not looking forward taking them at all. :pink_confused:

Back