• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Tales of Symphonia Fanclub

Bowser

The King Of The Koopas
Years
  • Seen Oct 18, 2007
yeah is was dissapointed, i wanted a few more,

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
Hooray for Lighty's uber-quotes. XD
Bowser said:
thank yoo, who is your fave bad guy in the game? I like Magnius he's my fave
Kratos, if he counts. If not, Zelos. Since you fight him on the Kratos path. And if neither of them count, then I suppose it'd have to be Yuan. He's spiffy. :O
Lil' Schu said:
Holy crap, Erica, how long does it take you to write those replys? o_O; And I don't care how long it takes, as long as it gets done. ^_^

Right now I'm getting Lloyd's Berserker title. I'm training in Iselia...it's pathetically easy. I can kill a wolf and a rabbit with a Rising Falcon. XD; And can anyone tell me how to get Rising Falcon's other techs? I don't know how...

Quite a while, sometimes. XD;; It's kinda pathetic on my part. But oh well, quoting is fuuun~ ;D And I've started on your siggy, but I've had a pretty hectic week, so I prolly won't finish tonight. Or maybe even tomorrow. *feels bad* ;-;
CKG said:
Really? I never find ANY Kratos fans. Everyone hates him at the beginning of the game because he's always downing Lloyd. Everyone I know loves Lloyd for some reason.

Then when the Tower of Salvation stuff happens, it just makes people even madder. Too bad...
Naa? ;_; I loved Kratos from the beginning. Well, at first I wasn't really sure. But then I couldn't help it. He's so... spiffy. <3 <3

And I was only mad at the Tower of Salvation part because I didn't have Kratos in my party anymore. ;__;
KCG said:
No seriously. I'm not sure. Probably... Kvar. No, Pronyma. Kvar gets on my nerves, Magnius reminds me of some Australian thing, Rodyle just plain ticked me off, and Yggdrasill/Mithos... Meh.
*giggle* On your next playthrough, look at Kvar's boots. They're so pointy. X3[/completely random]
Bowser said:
what about fave summon spirit? mine's either Efreet or Shadow, gnome was pretty funny though
Gnome was spiffy! :D I liked Undine the best, though. She was the easiest to get. That's why. XD;;
CKG said:
Is it at ALL possible to not have Colette in the top three for the Flanoir thing? I swear I answered everything that displeased her/pleased her the least (riding with Sheena on the dragon and calling Sheena cute anyone? ^_^), but she still always manages to get up there. It's really aggravating me...
*waves hand around like a maniac* I DID IT! <3 <3 The order in Flanoir for me was: Zelos (yes!), Kratos (yes, again!), Raine, and Presea. No Colette. <3333

And to continue with the current topic... I wanted more anime cutscenes, too. ;_; I thought there would be waaay more, but... I guess not. x_o; The PS2 version has more, though, so I desperately want that translated and brought over to the English-speaking world. Or else I'll just import it some day. One of the Kratos pictures or whatever in my sig is from that. XP

Bowser

The King Of The Koopas
Years
  • Seen Oct 18, 2007
I was nice to collete at the start of the game (by the martel temple) i hope she doesnt cling onto me for the rest of the game

Cherrim

Years
You should be fine if you answer negatively to her for the rest of the game and reeeally concentrate on the person you want to be your soulmate. ^^; I answered positively for her in one spot by accident too, but she never showed up in Flanoir, so it shouldn't be too big a deal. =P

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
cold_katanagirl - Gnome was easy (and ugly). His voice sounds familar, like someone on Animaniacs or something. O_o

What party do you guys use?

For me at the moment it's Llyod, Raine, Presea or Sheena and Zelos. Hopefully I manage to get Kratos back.

Cherrim

Years
You get him back for a time after forming a pact with the last (well, almost last) summon spirit. =o But then he leaves for good unless you pick him in Flanoir. @__@
CKG said:
I can't believe you people actually managed to not get Colette in your Flanoir scenes. -_-
I'm rather surprised too, but I'm also quite estatic and proud of myself. XD;;

Genis hates me because of it, though. @__@;;

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
I about the Flanoir thing. You've told me before. I said "managed" sicne I'm not really trieng to get him, I'm just hoping. :\

Cherrim

Years
Mm... I think he comes automatically. o.o; Like, he won't physically show up, but you'll hear him calling Lloyd's name. XP Blah. I'm not sure if he comes by default or if he, too, has to be one of your top liked party members. o_O

And I completely forgot to answer this yesterday. @_@
Triffy said:
What party do you guys use?

I normally use Kratos/Zelos, Lloyd, Raine/Genis and Regal/Genis. =o Obviously, with the exception of the final human ranch, Kratos and Zelos depend on which one I have in the party at the time. Lloyd is always there because he's spiffy. Sometimes I'll have Genis switched in for Raine, but normally that's just while I'm trying to get Kratos or Zelos to learn their healing techs. o_O Otherwise I keep Raine. Then lastly, my brother controls Regal and likes to play with me, so if he's there, I've got Regal in the party. If not, it's Genis. XP

~Black Moonlight~

Inu-yasha Fan...to much...
Years
eh here's to answer some topics:
whats your fav villan: mine is yggdrasil because I like to kick his rear alot, he's too easy!!

fav summon spirit: either efreet or maxwell...... I choose maxwell cuzz he knows meteor storm, which does alot of damage to me, (I LOVE to take damage because at the end of the game on the game record, I'm trying to reach 700,000 damage!! ^^)

which party do ya use: I use Kratos, (if I have him) lloyd, raine, and sheena (that way I can summon origin and maxwell.)

Fav character: KRATOS!!!!!

Years
ooh, new topic!

My party usually consists of...
Lloyd, Raine, Genis (I can't get rid of those three xD) and..... whoever I feel like putting in (unless someone's required, then I put them in).
Usually it's either Presea, Zelos, or Kratos, if he's around. Every once in awhile I put Sheena in..... and I don't use Colette and Regal if I don't have to (unless I"m in a good mood). o.o;;

Years
Genis hates me because of it, though. @__@;;
The fortune teller told me to give up on Genis after the first seal, but said Colette was on the brink of being his Soulmate. o.0

My party?

Depends on my mood really. I control Lloyd about 90% of the time. Raine always has a spot too.

I've been using Presea a lot lately. I like how she can beat the crap out of enemies in a few blows. Her slowness is a bit annoying though... But most of the time, I'll use Sheena in place of Presea, due to Sheena being much faster, and her Summoning abilities. Sheena is pretty protective of Kratos and Lloyd for some reason.

And finally, Genis/Kratos, depends who I'm fighting. I'll most likely use Kratos though, because I know Kratos can take care of himself. I always have to get someone to save Genis, and since Raine is always in my party and enemies always flock to the Healers...

I use Colette more than most actually. I think she's a tad bit underrated. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying she's the best or anything, because Colette is pretty dumb in battle. But I find Holy Song and Judgment really handy. Colette sooooo needs Retribution...

But I have to rescue Colette quite a bit. She just can't defend herself too well, she must have someone protecting her constantly. It's like all the enemies are in the same league with the Desians or something. But I notice whenever Lloyd is in trouble, Colette immediatly runs over and attacks like a nut, but she doesn't seem to give a flying crap about anyone else, especially Sheena.

Like a fight I had recently. We just beat Pronyma, and Sheena was on the verge of dying (Pronyma would NOT leave her alone) and I didn't feel like healing her. So we were heading down the mountains, and the party (Lloyd, Colette, Sheena, and Genis) ran into a monster.

Two of the monsters (can't remember what kind) cornerned Sheena, but Lloyd was stuck in a corner too so I couldn't get to her, and Genis was casting some spell. What was Colette doing? Staring right at Sheena, and she didn't move an inch. I checked like five times if Colette was on the wrong setting, but Colette wasn't. She just stared at her. Sheena ended up dying, and then Colette immediatly flew next to Lloyd, casted an Angel Feathers, and killed the monsters Lloyd/I was fighting. Then Colette flew right next to Lloyd, and stared at Sheena's still dead body.

And the weirder thing was, it was right after that skit point outside of Mizuho. The one that had Sheena saying that if you wanted to learn the villages secret art, you had to marry someone. Lloyd said "OK!", and Sheena blushed because she thought Lloyd was talking about her. Then Lloyd goes "I'll just marry someone in your village!", and Sheena just gets an odd look on her face and calls him insensitive.

...Maybe it was just a coincedence.

ANYWAY. I don't like Regal much. His moves suck, his personality seems like a poor replacement of Kratos', and his storyline is cheesy, so I don't use him much. I don't hate him, he just seems worthless.

As for Zelos... I hardly ever use Zelos. Every once in a while.

Cherrim

Years
I used Colette for a few days of heavy playing while I was trying to collect a bunch of items and whatnot. She's incredibly useful for casting angelic spells (it takes about a minute for Kratos to cast Judgement, but Colette can do it in an instant, it seems o_O), but for most other things, she's not that great. She's pretty fast due to her wings, but I just prefer almost every character over her. xD;

My battles are normally pretty linear. Lloyd and I (Zelos/Kratos) run right into the fray, Raine starts casting something (normally Holy Lance unless we need healing), and then the last person normally uses long range magic or else runs back every so often. They're my item user and it usually ends up being Sheena because I like having her in battle. =o

<3 I found a store that sells TOS figurines on Friday! I bought a Sheena one, since they only had four and I didn't have much money with me. oO; They also had Presea, Genis, and Colette... but Genis and Presea were falling apart in their bags, which was funny. xD (Presea's head was floating around her feet. :O) I'm depressed, though, since they didn't have Kratos or Lloyd. ;_; Or Zelos. I'm gonna go back in a few weeks though... just to see if they have any more in. :D

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
Okay...I'm on the second disc finally (honestly, it's not hard. I'm just not playing). When do I do the Flanoir thing? MY brother says he didn't do it, so he's not much help. *doesn't want to miss it*

I'm keeping Presea in my party now instead of Sheena (I like Sheena better, but Presea is stronger for me). My brother was begging me to put Genis in. But I hate him so much, so I opted out. (Genis is actually really weak in my game) SO then he suggested Regal, which I hate a lot too (so ugly). So I'm sticking with Zelos. I play as Lloyd, I like using two swords I find all the single sword people are slow in combat (not moving around, actually attacking).

Cherrim

Years
S'only because Zelos and Kratos don't like attacking when they're controlled by the computer. Not on my files, anyway. Fiddle around with their Strategies; it should help. =o

And you can't go through the game without doing the Flanoir scene. <_< He probably didn't even notice it was a big deal. Anyway, you do it directly after you find out the big Kratos spoiler. And you find that out after going around trying to cure Colette's illness, I believe~ o.o;

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
Yay! That means soon, I have one thing left for illness I believe. And I was talking to my brother after, his brain kicked in and he remembers going but he didn't remember doing anything important (like you said).

Cherrim

Years
:D I hate that place, but not for the name. I'm really, really, really bad at not-falling-off the platforms or whatever. xD It takes me forever to get through it. The name of that temple is great, though. ;p

Welcome to the club! ^_^

Triffy said:
And I was talking to my brother after, his brain kicked in and he remembers going but he didn't remember doing anything important (like you said).

He probably didn't even realize it was an important scene. Chances are, Colette was the first to come talk to him, so he just said "okay" and went outside with her -- it seems like just another boring scene at that point. XP

Back