• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen The Tweaking Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    By the way, I messed around a bit, and found another very easy area to tweak. It's at the Lake Valor resort area. I don't have my game in front of me, so I'll try to explain it with words instead of a diagram:
    Go to the north-east of the area, where the route branches off to Sunyshore and Veilstone.
    There are two sets of steps there; a set leading north, and a set leading east.
    The loading lines are here: the vertical one runs through the north set of steps, at the right centre. The horizontal one is one tile above the top edge of those steps.
    To tweak here, do the exact same thing you do at Jubilife, but through these tiles:
    Code:
     xx
     xx
    ===
    The === are the stairs, and the 'x's are the tiles to tweak on.
    If done correctly, a void will appear immediately to the west of the restaurant.
    Go near the restaurant, and Surf on the void. Surf directly north, till you reach land.
    Walk west until you hit a wall. Go upwards until you find a set of steps to your left, and then take 4 steps west (up the stairs).
    Take 3 steps down, and reload the map (go to the dex/party/bag etc screen, and exit). You should be inside Masuda/Kawachimaru's house (the game director). Take one step down, through the door.

I did this in both Pearl and Platinum. In Platinum, it's exactly the same as in Poketch Co.; there are 'webs' all around, and a small section of Mystery Zone in the bottom left.
    In Pearl, I went straight up for around 65000 steps. Instead of 'fake Sinnoh', I saw the inside of one of the resort houses, but without textures (you could still see the light effects, such as the window). I can't remember which one it was, though.
    Also, if instead of going into the house, you continue west, you will see some tall grass. This doesn't do anything in Jubilife, as Jubilife has no encounter tables. At Valor Lakefront, it behaves exactly like normal grass; you will find the Pokemon normally found there (in the patch just east of the Lake Valor entrance). The Poke Radar works as normal, too. However, encountering a Pokemon leaves you stuck inside a tree, since it reloads the map :P

Dragonmaster91

It's just common sense!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2010
    By the way, I messed around a bit, and found another very easy area to tweak. It's at the Lake Valor resort area. I don't have my game in front of me, so I'll try to explain it with words instead of a diagram:
    Go to the north-east of the area, where the route branches off to Sunyshore and Veilstone.
    There are two sets of steps there; a set leading north, and a set leading east.
    The loading lines are here: the vertical one runs through the north set of steps, at the right centre. The horizontal one is one tile above the top edge of those steps.
    To tweak here, do the exact same thing you do at Jubilife, but through these tiles:
    Code:
     xx
     xx
    ===
    The === are the stairs, and the 'x's are the tiles to tweak on.
    If done correctly, a void will appear immediately to the west of the restaurant.
    Go near the restaurant, and Surf on the void. Surf directly north, till you reach land.
    Walk west until you hit a wall. Go upwards until you find a set of steps to your left, and then take 4 steps west (up the stairs).
    Take 3 steps down, and reload the map (go to the dex/party/bag etc screen, and exit). You should be inside Masuda/Kawachimaru's house (the game director). Take one step down, through the door.

I did this in both Pearl and Platinum. In Platinum, it's exactly the same as in Poketch Co.; there are 'webs' all around, and a small section of Mystery Zone in the bottom left.
    In Pearl, I went straight up for around 65000 steps. Instead of 'fake Sinnoh', I saw the inside of one of the resort houses, but without textures (you could still see the light effects, such as the window). I can't remember which one it was, though.
    Also, if instead of going into the house, you continue west, you will see some tall grass. This doesn't do anything in Jubilife, as Jubilife has no encounter tables. At Valor Lakefront, it behaves exactly like normal grass; you will find the Pokemon normally found there (in the patch just east of the Lake Valor entrance). The Poke Radar works as normal, too. However, encountering a Pokemon leaves you stuck inside a tree, since it reloads the map :P
    interesting... this might help.

too lazy to capitalize my sentences today.

Gabrieldudenas

Is dazzled by shinies.
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2009
    My friend has an R4. I used the walk anywhere code to catch Shaymin and Darkrai for him. It was fun.

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    Oh, and by the way, it's possible to hatch an egg in the Mystery Zone, then escape without going all the way to 'fake Sinnoh' (in D/P, not Platinum). Just tweak to get in and hatch the egg in Mystery Zone. Then, go to one of the 'Turnback Cave' areas, and use an Escape Rope or Dig. This will return you to the building you got into by tweaking. I have a Piplup which was hatched in Mystery Zone :P

Dragonmaster91

It's just common sense!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2010
    Oh, and by the way, it's possible to hatch an egg in the Mystery Zone, then escape without going all the way to 'fake Sinnoh' (in D/P, not Platinum). Just tweak to get in and hatch the egg in Mystery Zone. Then, go to one of the 'Turnback Cave' areas, and use an Escape Rope or Dig. This will return you to the building you got into by tweaking. I have a Piplup which was hatched in Mystery Zone :P
    Well, yeah. Egg hatches depend on steps, not the place... But I guess you figured out for sure though.

Cdbeatmaster

Collamon
    Years
  • I didn't believe it at first.
    But after a lot of tries my game froze and I gained hope.
    I came till the black area part but I can't enter it, though;(

Dragonmaster91

It's just common sense!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2010
    I didn't believe it at first.
    But after a lot of tries my game froze and I gained hope.
    I came till the black area part but I can't enter it, though;(
    Keep trying.

Alright, since we already have a tweaking thread, I find no reason to make another thread for this.

If I knew the class codes, I would be happy to implement those. however I will look those up later.

Edit: NatureKeeper, I am steeling your class.

Project: "Hall of Origin"!

This projects main goal is to find the Hall of Origin (isn't that what we've been doing?), and anything interesting and/or important along the way.

So here's what we are going to do (at least anyone who joins this project), record steps you've taken every time you enter the void. This is very important so you know what you did if you found something.

If you find something, don't keep it to yourself, contribute, and you will be more and more respected (higher ranking members excluded, of course).

Some things not to post are:

Giratina, unless you found a way to get into his very room, it will not be very useful at all.

Darkrai and Shaymin, of course.

Pokemon league skip, Auburn has already found this.

Some things that you should post, but would be much more of a hassle:

Freezes, black screens, walls etc etc. This stuff is really more time consuming to report, but it could help people know what to avoid when investigating.

Some things that REALLY REALLY REALLY should be posted are important and/or interesting finds.

That's all I have for now, good luck!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 19, 2009
    Caught a Darkrai!
    But I followed the directions to catch Darkrai from this thread,
    And it got me lost in Fake Sinnoh for awhile.
    I had to find Newmoon Island from Twinleaf.

Dragonmaster91

It's just common sense!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2010
    Caught a Darkrai!
    But I followed the directions to catch Darkrai from this thread,
    And it got me lost in Fake Sinnoh for awhile.
    I had to find Newmoon Island from Twinleaf.
    Good job!

You did the same thing I did and got lost in fake-sinnoh, doesn't it suck? I think I found Jublife and Canalave City easy, but after that...

Anyone want to join project "Hall of Origin"?

It's not a group, more like a gathering here on this thread, but we post all of our findings and we mainly look for the Hall of Origin, of course. The purpose is to explore the void!

A new method has been found!

I was looking around the Hall of Origin site today, guess what I found.

daniel said:
    Okay this is basically a MUCH easier method of Diagonal Displacement, and not only that, but you can use it to open the walkable Abyss on the Western Jubilife City area needed to get into the Poketch Void. It easier because:

It's not a complicated pattern
    It opens a visible Abyss
    Your bike needs to be on the lower gear

This method is in part thanks to Teflon because he found that the Abyss created is walkable ;p (he also used the pattern to tweak into the daycare)

(According to Zow, this pattern (when used on highest gear) can open an Abyss over the whole of Jubilife, but on both mine and Teflon's games it causes a freeze. You can try it in Route 204 though :))

Instructions:

1. Go to the southern part of Jubilife City (the area where those two children are connecting to eachother's DS's), below the PokeCenter, and as you enter Jubilife City.

2. The loadlines for this section are as follows:

The Tweaking Discussion Thread

3. The structure of the tiles that I will be using is as follows:

4. Set your bike to the lower gear, so that it doesn't go really fast. Start from the left going right, and head into the tiles using this pattern:

1, 2, 4, 2, 1

Basically, you gotta go right, then down, then retrace your steps. There's nothing to cause you to crash here, so if you don't get it, it's because you stopped, or you went over the wrong tiles. It's not really that difficult, so if you can't get it, keep trying :)

5. Head to the west towards GTS to see if a black, unwalkable Abyss formed. If it did, you've done it right!
    if not, try again :)

6. Now go up towards Jubilife TV. Head west towards the Poketch Company and you'll see a bunch of trees, and grass, basically, a route in the middle of Jubilife City

7. Follow the rest of Auburn's guide on how to get Darkrai and Shaymin! (just because you can see the Abyss now, doesn't mean the guide is any different :) do everything Auburn says in the guides :))

VIDEO BELOW:

(sorry for the bad quality and red light thingy lol. I didn't use my incredibly high-tech awesome cellphone for this vid ;p But you can still see the tweak, it happens in like the first 2 seconds cause it's so easy lol)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EF_zb1wi3BU

Alternatively, try Auburn/Comm/Zorch's pattern if this one is too hard ;p:

Alternate Pattern

I might have to edit this quote for forum compatibility issues.
    Still doing, hang on.

You know it works when I, I can get a displacement 4 times in a row.

I tried full speed twice, it does not work.

Last edited:

NatureKeeper

Tweaking in Platinum is useless. Using Action Replay to Walk through wWalls in Platinum is also useless.

The Pokémon needs a flag to be set so they can appear. Only the nintendo events set them, Of course, If we even know what flags are they it'll make sense with A\R but we don't, so...

And It maybe requires the items, not flags. I really dunno.

Anybody had anyluck tweaking in Ruin Maniac Cave, yet?

Dragonmaster91

It's just common sense!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2010
    Tweaking in Platinum is useless. Using Action Replay to Walk through wWalls in Platinum is also useless.

The Pokémon needs a flag to be set so they can appear. Only the nintendo events set them, Of course, If we even know what flags are they it'll make sense with A\R but we don't, so...

And It maybe requires the items, not flags. I really dunno.

Anybody had anyluck tweaking in Ruin Maniac Cave, yet?
    Yeah, but it also works in Diamond and Pearl, which is why I posted it.

Someone tweaked a really glitchy abyss in Veilstone, however, it only works in Platinum. However, it could be very useful.

A flag is something that is used in a script to either keep something from happening until you have set the flag, or so it only happens once, or both. I am thinking however, it might be possible to find them in the void, but I doubt it.

How do I know? I am a third gen hacker. Not that prominent or anything, but I still hack the third gen games (that's why you can often find me in the Rom Hacking section).

Here:
    reaper14th said:
    Pay attention kiddies, because details are important ;)

this actually requires some prerequisite

OK, go to the North-West part of Veilstone City and in front of the shed-looking thing that is CLOSEST to the entrance and then LOAD SOMETHIING FROM THE MENU

after LOADING SOMETHING FROM THE MENU go straight to the HQ building and (sorry for the crappiness) follow theses STEPS in image and the arrows just point down from 8

and then you should be in =) have fun!

Oh and here is a vid, making the rest of the post comepletely and undderly pointless

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHYOm2_yrnk

so far it only seems to work in platinum and it freezes or walls you if you load other areas first

Last edited:

loucas

100% hot
    Years
  • the classic ribbon details somehow differs everytime, i wonder because someone here says about mystery Zone, the details about the classic ribbon sometimes changes to , "a commemorative ribbon obtained at mystery zone" or something like that when it should be " a ribbon that proclaims love for pokemon " this happens a lot to me. what could be the reason it changes?

hello can someone maybe give an explanation to my previuos post??

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    The changing Classic Ribbon text seems to have something to do with receiving hacked Pokemon. Next time it changes, have a look at the last few Pokemon you got in trades; maybe one of them was hacked.
    I think the 'mystery location' text is the default text; if you hack a Classic Ribbon before you get any legit Classic Ribbons, that's the text it will show. Receiving a legit Wonder Card replaces the text shown with the 'love' text. I suspect that the Ribbons actually have overwriteable descriptions, and that the 'love' text is stored in your save file instead of the ROM.

loucas

100% hot
    Years
  • whoa ok now i know. i should release some of the hacks. if ever i should know which one is.. ok thanks Wichu

NatureKeeper

How do I know? I am a third gen hacker. Not that prominent or anything, but I still hack the third gen games (that's why you can often find me in the Rom Hacking section).

Great, I have a ROM-modder here. I felt like I'm Mr.Wierd working on Luminous Yellow while making a Tweaking Thread.

The changing Classic Ribbon text seems to have something to do with receiving hacked Pokemon. Next time it changes, have a look at the last few Pokemon you got in trades; maybe one of them was hacked.
    I think the 'mystery location' text is the default text; if you hack a Classic Ribbon before you get any legit Classic Ribbons, that's the text it will show. Receiving a legit Wonder Card replaces the text shown with the 'love' text. I suspect that the Ribbons actually have overwriteable descriptions, and that the 'love' text is stored in your save file instead of the ROM.

Similar to the Mew Flag in FR\LG\E. Needs to be set or else mew will not obey you. One of the major hack-IDing. And wichu, this is a tweaking thread. Hacked-PKMN ids are going as tips to the Trade Corner.

Edit:

Err... Could somebody give me a cute explaination to this video?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4k2gn6JSPE

It is how to reach the Hall of Origin using the void... But in french, so I really don't get anything... And by the way, they say they can't reload the Graphics...

Now it's time!

First one to reach the void and catch Arcues, will have an honorary place in the Hall of Origin and here.

Last edited:

Benzee

I got your number, on the wall
    Years
  • I get to the step where you're supposed to walk North 430 steps, and every time I get to the 237th step, it freezes. Anyone have similar problems/solutions?

NatureKeeper

I get to the step where you're supposed to walk North 430 steps, and every time I get to the 237th step, it freezes. Anyone have similar problems/solutions?

Nope. I do not believe so.

If you do it perfectly right, the game will not freeze.

Just retry. ;)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back