• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Uprising: Fighting the Pokémon Extermination (OOC Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen today
Before we depart for Crystal City, can we meet up in the clearing? Where Stephen, Josh, and the first man are? Remember, you still haven't explained exactly what the Uprising is to Stephen, or Drake.

Mira

restless spirit
Years
Okay, I'm depending on you to help get everyone there as well. She can explain it to them while they flee to Crystal City.

ShadowDragon~

Dragon King Extra Ordinaire
Years
Btw, since my trainer only has a pichu, do you have any rules about capturing, leveling, and evolving? since i really want to expand my team, and hope to catch (or get, or trade) an eevee soon.

Btw: Idea, How bout with ranks, or instead, members can receive medals from you, or a high ranked uprising member, like

First kill badge: It sounds kinda shooterish, and its not something to be proud of, but it shows you can survive alone and use your pokemon well.
Teamwork badge: For saving an uprising member from being captured

those kinds of badges etc, then people can put the names in their sig, and or trainer card, or not at all idc, i just thought it wud b cool

Mira

restless spirit
Years
Okay:
Most likely there won't be very many chances to catch a wild Pokemon in this RP, and I can't think of many places where an Evee would be available.
We have an overload of Evees at this point... is there any other Pokemon you would consider taking instead? It's your choice :)
If you want to get a Pokemon soon, our team can interfere with the transport of Poke Balls or break into the "Pokemon Exporting Services" and keep one for himself...
There is a maximum of 6 Pokemon, but there is always an exception (transporting them, holding them for a character, etc.)

Oh, I'll get right on developing something along those lines, thanks :) Probably not something so structured as that, but maybe something more symbolic.

Last edited:

ShadowDragon~

Years
Kewl! :p
I dont really mind, but is it possible to intercept the 3 started pokes from the first generation? char, squir, bulba, because i really like those too.

Yeah i noticed xD you have an eevee team, and maud has 2 eeveelutions.

This is a possible conclusion for my team, not evolved of course

Pichu
Charmander
Bublasaur
Squirtle
Rhyhorn
Dratini

Those are some of my fav pokemon excluding leafeon and lugia :p.
I dont need this whole team at one time tough if its too much. It can just stack up one by one over the roleplay, oh and tell me if this team is too godlike (dratini, and the starters) If it were one pokemon, id like to intercept a bulbasaur first.

Anyway thx for showing consideration :P

Mira

restless spirit
Years
This region has all Pokemon (excluding legendaries) and I'll have to think about Dratini.

Patches: Isabel sees that as the Uprising grows again that they need a way to show different ratings of members. This had been the system before, but it was lost when all the members who held them were captured in Whisper Valley (which lead up to the series of Bounty Hunters chasing them). (this is just some backstory :) )

Silk Patch: Is given to a member when they have proved themselves trustworthy. It is a pale-blue colored ribbon.

Steel Patch: This shows that the member is powerful and can be trusted with more responsibilities. A person holding the Steel Patch has the power to lead a small group on a mission when given permission. It is a grey triangle that has Be strong. stitched onto it.

Platinum Patch: This shows that the member is strong, trustworthy, level-headed and completely devoted to the Uprising. This person is now second-in-command and can lead large groups of people on missions. It is a silver star with the words Fight for the right. stitched in black.

Uprising Patch: This is the Patch worn by Isabel. It shows that she is the leader. It contains the symbols of the different Pokemon in a U. It has the words To fight for freedom. To protect the innocent. stitched on in silver letters.

How does this system sound?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen today
I really don't like it. It's sounds too boy-scout-ish to me. Instead, of patches, how about a formal ranking with the position described by those patches?

Wolf in the Rain

BACK???????????
Years
This region has all Pokemon (excluding legendaries) and I'll have to think about Dratini.

Patches: Isabel sees that as the Uprising grows again that they need a way to show different ratings of members. This had been the system before, but it was lost when all the members who held them were captured in Whisper Valley (which lead up to the series of Bounty Hunters chasing them). (this is just some backstory :) )

Silk Patch: Is given to a member when they have proved themselves trustworthy. It is a pale-blue colored ribbon.

Steel Patch: This shows that the member is powerful and can be trusted with more responsibilities. A person holding the Steel Patch has the power to lead a small group on a mission when given permission. It is a grey triangle that has Be strong. stitched onto it.

Platinum Patch: This shows that the member is strong, trustworthy, level-headed and completely devoted to the Uprising. This person is now second-in-command and can lead large groups of people on missions. It is a silver star with the words Fight for the right. stitched in black.

Uprising Patch: This is the Patch worn by Isabel. It shows that she is the leader. It contains the symbols of the different Pokemon in a U. It has the words To fight for freedom. To protect the innocent. stitched on in silver letters.

How does this system sound?

Cool. Are you going to assign our characters patches, or will they have to earn them?

Mira

restless spirit
Years
I really don't like it. It's sounds too boy-scout-ish to me. Instead, of patches, how about a formal ranking with the position described by those patches?

hmm.... that's what I meant. The patches are just symbols of the privileges you have acquired. I didn't make that clear did I? I'll have to edit it tomorrow and change what they're called as well(It's late here and my brain isn't functioning properly >.<) It's not like you collect them ^.^ it just shows your rank.

wolfsrain23: Isabel will give them to whomever she feels deserves them. That doesn't mean your character should try and get a ranking, because Isabel can see through that, lol

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
Minku: Thanks for the insight :) good thing I don't have to make the final decision until they get to Crystal City. By the way, I currently have your character listed as already being a part of the group. Would you prefer she join when they get to Crystal City?

How about being old friends with Isabel and already being with the group? I spose, Ashi's personality will kinda make her raise eyebrows at the other members because she doesn't know their true potential or whatever haha.

Just make a post when it's alright for me to start posting. I was gonna have Ashi sleeping/napping on top of a roof or in an alleyway (out of site with Glaceon out) to start with then she sees the gang coming in and kinda does a ninja roll jump thing to greet Isabel heh, xD;

Mira

restless spirit
Years
So did she go ahead to Crystal City? Is she not part of the original group?

Crystal City: It is further up north, so it is quite cold and is usually snowing. The characters may need to find a place to stay. The gym wasn't torn down, but purchased by "Pokemon Exporting Services" for storage. In Crystal City, the law was put into effect quickly and without much opposition, so the people there don't put much thought into wanted people and very few Bounty Hunters feel the need to dwell there. It is a major trading city, which is why "Pokemon Exporting Services" put one of its bases there. Because it is a major trading city, Pokemon pass through to be exported and therefore the jobs people had lost with the new law were quickly replaced with new jobs, so the city didn't become poor like many others.

Last edited:

ShadowDragon~

Years
Here are some other ideas :

Patches: Ranks (yeah i got the seats from bleach :P)

Uprising patch : Leader, isabel
Platinum patch: Right hand, Luitenant, Second in command w/e :P
Gold patch : Third Seat
Silver patch: Fourth Seat
Bronze patch : A normal Uprising member

Badges: Awards

Uprising Badge: A badge leader Isabel carries around which grants her ablities to give badges.

Platinum badge: Isabel can decide to give this to someone who put their team's lifes before their own.

Gold badge: Isabel can give this to someone who completed a major mission, this person can now lead missions and squads.

Every time a member completes a mission they get a coloured badge? f/e

Green badge: First mission
Blue badge: Five missions completed
Red badge: Ten missions completed
Yellow badge: Fifteen missions completed
Rainbow badge: Twenty missions completed

That is my opinion of a good system, patches for ranks, and badges for awards etc i dont really care how u make it, i liked the patches one too, but at least some sort of organizing :P

Btw: I dont really need a dratini, if it doesnt work out ill just aim for a Ghastly or Sneazel or something.

Mira

restless spirit
Years
The thing is... the group doesn't really go by specific missions. Usually everyone has the same goal when they go off to accomplish something. You are awarded for things as Isabel deems worthy, but since no one really knows how her brain works, you never know who she's going to give it too O.O
But it is something along those lines, except that you do not collect the patches. They just show your rank.

Mira

restless spirit
Years
Draco: Uh... I'm pretty sure that's spam...

Pantera: iLike2EatPiez has made a reason for why her character ran off and is going to jump in :)

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen today
iLiketoeatpiez is really good RPer, but doesn't get to post very often. I remember that from the last time I RPed with her.
It took me this long to notice I posted it in tthe main thread. Since you've already answered, I wrapped it in quote tags.

I think we need to work on pacing in this RP. But, then again, pacing is an issue for pretty much any RP, so...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back