• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Too old for Pokémon?!

Years
  • well in my opinion no games has no age.... well i dont think gore and blood is good for a 7 year old, but you get my point,
    im 17 and im a pokemon fan, and always will, I understand what your saying, but dont let them keep you from having a good time, in school i still see a pretty big group of student play yugioh(i want to play, but i dont have card... nor the money, T_T) and of many people i know about 70% of them say that childish, in my opnion F them, in the end most of them wont be with me, so why should the influence in what i like, or what i should like, well that my opinion.
    I realy dont think it has an age, i just think that social envy...

P.S. im in high school, and i know about 10 people(close friend) that played pokemon, about 6 of the have already HG or SS, and about 5 more that are in collage.

I dont know if this goes well here, but, good friend dont let you do stupit things.... alone...

hey, the games are cool. let's face it, the anime and manga are for kids. the card game is for kids. all the merchandise is for kids. but the games are a must have for any rpg fan! i'm 22 and i still love 'em.

anime and manga are for kids?
    when you see an ecchi manga... then tell me if that is for kids...
    and going overboard, wait until most people see and hentai anime/manga

sorry isnt the apropiate way to say but, its the true

Last edited:

Corazón

Pokémon Master
    Years
    • Seen Jun 16, 2010
    You can never get to old for Pokemon. I knew people that liked Pokemon ages ranging from 5-54! So in my opinion you can never be to old!

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
  • I'm almost 18 lol I still play Pokemon and anticipate every release.

My friend's mom plays, too. She's like... 50.

Spoiler:

SLEaman

I'm just here, aren't I?
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Aug 1, 2010
    I've played since I was about 5, didn't understand a thing though. XD I've been kinda hiding the fact, every once in a while, when I accidentally let it slip that I'm an avid Pokemon fan, usually I brush it off. A usual reply is "That's awesome" since everyone's all nostalgic about how Cartoonnetwork used to be good. Ironically, if you ask everyone, you could probably find a few people who are still interested in Pokemon. I saw a total of 8 people at my school with Pokewalkers.

ilikeluigi

Team Rocket's only hope
    Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2014
    I'm 20 and still play pokemon/collect cards. But I don't watch the cartoon anymore, it's not as good the old show.

Lieutenant Unstable

Camelot Castaway
    Years
  • Bottom line--Hell no!

I'm 17, turning 18 in May, and have been a Pokemon fan since I was six. Started with the anime and the cards, and my cousin got me a GBC and Pokemon Red. Been playing the games ever since. I just got a DS and Platinum and am loving it to bits. Planning on getting SS as soon as I am able, moneywise.

I STILL collect the cards. I still love the anime, but not to much the newer ones because I hate the new voice acting. But retro Pokemon(with Misty, before the voice changes, etc) I love the death.

I will never stop loving Pokemon. EVER. It was my first obsession, lmao. I will definitely be the ninety year old grandma sitting in the nursing home with a gameboy while everyone else is knitting. I hate when people think its childish. I still like Yu-Gi-Oh and Batman cartoons, too.

Spike Kintarin

Don't run! It's just ham!
    Years
  • Oy, I'm almost 22 and I've been playing since Red and Blue. ^-^ My first game was Blue, and I remember I got it for Christmas from my brother. It was EPIC. XD

I've gotten every single game and have loved each of them! (Well, as far as the regular ones... not a big fan of the Dungeon/Ranger...)

Heck, I still think its funny how anxious I was to get SS last week in fear that the gamestop near my work would be out. The guy joked around saying "Well, it just ain't as popular as it used to be." Ah well. I'll always love it. XP Though my fiance thinks I'm crazy... >_>;

Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2023
    I'm 16 and a sophomore in high school and I think the last time I played it was after the Elite 4 in Diamond. Since then I've only payed attention to it out of mild interests in what's going on (for example when I discovered they were make a Gold/Silver remake) Couple of days ago I found a thread in some other forum about Pokemon nostalgia, and it got me interested. At first I was like, "Oh no! I'm 16 I can't be liking this again!" I think it's just the cutesy stuff along with the association with the ridiculous anime that makes me think it's childish. Luckily I found this thread and it's kind of assured me. I'm still sort of borderline though and I don't want it to be an obsession.

BTW I know a senior in my school who plays this, and not just the old games for nostalgia or that sort of thing. I kind of thought it was funny when he had his DS in the lunch line and was talking about HG/SS.

CGCoder

Rawr Profile Stalker D:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 23, 2015
    12, love it,not childish.
    sorry to burst your bubble but this is a pokemon forum, OF COURSE people here are going to agree with you. sorry.

Arcanemage

Arcanine at heart!
    Years
  • 12, love it,not childish.
    sorry to burst your bubble but this is a pokemon forum, OF COURSE people here are going to agree with you. sorry.

I concur. But anyway, do what you want without fear of people traumatizing you for standing out. Be yourself and that's all that matters. Stay true to your character if you like Pokemon who cares what anyone else thinks?

Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2023
    i'm 14 years old, and i still know some people who play pokemon at my school. age is just a number ^^
    just because its focused more on kids dosent mean older fans can't play it

Years
  • Well, i was a fan of the pokemon tv show when i was a kid, but I never played any of the original pokemon games, just because my mom did not wanted to buy me a gameboy color cuz she thought my sister and I would fight over it, anyway.

Then, during my junior year of high school, I went to my friend's house to hang out, and some of my friends were trading pokemon between pearl and diamond, and since i was into the rpg/mmo scene, i gave it and try. So now, I am playing pokemon on my ds. Sure, I don't go around telling everybody that I play pokemon games, nor play it in between my classes, but some of my friends know.

Cartoon wise, I don't watch it on a regular basis, since I find some parts a little cheezy.

Years
  • No "too old" for me, I'm still playing it...
    Well I'm 22, and I don't care what people say like look like childish games, for child only etc...

TheGearofWar

RAAM Assassin
    Years
    • Seen Jun 14, 2010
    This is nilly. I see people who have long since seen their prime adult years go hardcore into vintage Disney.

I don't really see how liking Pokemon 20 years from now will be any different.

Kristine

Pokemon Addict Since 1998
    Years
  • You're never too old for Pokemon or any other game. Just do what you like to do. I still play; I'm twenty, and I've been playing since I was eight.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    Never can you be too old for Pokemon. I'm 14, my friend is 15 and we're walking around high school with Pokewalkers in our pockets. I'm also the farthest in the school at this game.

Bichu

←Onigiri(Rice ball) Pichu
    Years
    • WI
    • Seen Aug 12, 2018
    OF COURSE NOT?!??! You're never too old for anything! And Pokemon is no exception. I'll always support Pokemon, no matter what happens to it. :[ Even when i'm 50 I'll still follow it...if it stays that long. (20 Generations by then?!? maybe MORE?!? Let's hope not lol x__x)

Back