• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Toonami Came Back!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Mega Champion

Strategist
Years
  • Yeah... I don't believe this either...

I'm pretty sure they are still being immature and is taking this April Fools joke WAY past its expiration date.

Time to throw that out.

At least they've finally proven to everyone that they're immature. Took them long enough.

=/

Pecilia

Best Witch
    Years
  • Oh man, I've loved Toonami since forever being back might actually make me watch TV again. This is cool.

Years
    • Seen Jun 3, 2012
    Here are two Bumps from last night, one says [we're listening], the other [we're looking into it]:

youtube watch?v=vu_VGOCMZy0

watch?v=NVUP71w1YbY

#Winning

The Mega Champion

Strategist
    Years
  • Yeah I don't believe it sorry.

They've decided to continue they're MEGA FAILURE.

At least they've finally confirmed to everyone that they're immature though.

=/

Turn-it

Coordinator/Elite Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Dec 4, 2012
    I was hoping for their old time slot along with Adult Swim still running their line up. But them being back is all that really matters to me. If Adult Swim is so opposed to anime then this is a blessing in disguise for them. That way they can keep FMA and Bleach on Toonami. I still won't believe this is %100 legit till I see it for myself, but if and when this happens I am going to be extremely elated as I was last Saturday night. I am just curious what their line up would be. I am going to assume they will at the very least have DBZ, Gundam Wing, Yu Yu Hakusho, Trigun, Outlaw Star, Big O, Tenchi. Considering that was airred on Saturday. I'm just hoping for some Kenshin and Inuyasha Final Act, G Gundam, and Zoids. Then have some new shows such as maybe Soul Eater, Darker Than Black, Gundam AGE, Shippudden, etc.

Which Zoids might I ask?

As far as new shows I do agree with Darker than Black and Shippudden and maybe Soul Eater. I don't know if they will give a slot to Gundam AGE if they think about Gundam Wing again let along G Gundam.

User19sq

Here are two Bumps from last night, one says [we're listening], the other [we're looking into it]:

youtube watch?v=vu_VGOCMZy0

watch?v=NVUP71w1YbY

#Winning
    Awesomesauce. What makes this more reassuring is that Blum wants to voice TOM again! I can't wait to see what happens next!

Also, if Toonami ends up replacing Adult Swim on late Saturday nights, then I'd recommend When They Cry as a possible show. It's violent, yeah, but it's their cup o' joe. Just saying.

The Mega Champion

Strategist
    Years
  • BTW...

It has to start at 9pm not midnight.

Anything less than that means that Toonami hasn't really come back at all.

Just saying.

=/

Cello

Tonight!
    Years
  • BTW...

It has to start at 9pm not midnight.

Anything less than that means that Toonami hasn't really come back at all.

Just saying.

=/

That doesn't necessarily mean anything if it doesn't come on tonight. These things take time, not to mention there's no telling what slot of time Toonami will take up (Most likely Saturday night).
    Have a little faith and patience. I know AS like to troll from time to time, but I don't think they're that stupid, else they're never going to hear the end of it.
    There's far more consequences for them to pay if they fail to listen then there are consequences for actually listening to the fans and bringing Toonami back.

I'm pretty pumped to hear the whole "[We're listening]" and "[We're looking into it]" though.
    I think Blum's going to be the first one to let everyone know since he's more excited than anybody to be voicing TOM again. :P
    Hell I would be too if I were playing such a large icon for 90s folks.

User19sq

I just realized something. Would there be a problem if Blum's rehired for voicing, but the woman who voiced SARA doesn't want to reprise her role?

Cello

Tonight!
    Years
  • I don't think it'd be too big a deal. Did she have any lines in the April Fools day airing other than what was pre-recorded?
    If she doesn't do the voice I don't think it would be too hard for them to find another British (I think she spoke with an accent... can't really remember) woman to do the voice. She had a mostly robotic sound anyways, so it would be easy to mask it.

After some research I found SARA was voiced by "Cowboy" Sally Timms. She doesn't have an active twitter nor does she have a long history in any other voice acting rolls, so it's hard to dig up any info on her status in VA.

Last edited:

User19sq

They used her prerecorded lines, yeah. But if they're gonna start Toonami every night with the traditional intro, then I guess they'll need someone to voice SARA.

Years
    • Seen Jun 3, 2012
    Just in case someone's intrested, the ratings:

from reddit

r/BringBackToonami/comments/s2txc/toonamis_ratings_are_in/

Time Show HH Total Viewers
    12.00am Bleach 0.7 1,010,000
    12.30am Dragonball Z 0.7 999,000
    1:00am Gundam Wing 0.5 806,000
    1:30am Tenchi Muyo! 0.5 773,000
    2:10am Outlaw Star 0.6 786,000
    2:42am The Big O 0.5 769,000
    3:12am Yu Yu Hakusho 0.4 706,000
    3:41am Blue Submarine No. 6 0.4 595,000
    4:20am Trigun 0.4 561,000
    4:53am Astro Boy 0.3 502,000
    5:23am Gigantor 0.3 414,000

The Mega Champion

Strategist
    Years
  • Wow really?

You guys really don't know what I meant?

*sighs*

Of course I meant Saturdays. I meant it has to start at 9pm on Saturdays.

Anything other than that isn't really a comeback at all.

Understand now...?

=/

Game Over1375

Hito-Shura is awesome
    Years
  • Wow really?

You guys really don't know what I meant?

*sighs*

Of course I meant Saturdays. I meant it has to start at 9pm on Saturdays.

Anything other than that isn't really a comeback at all.

Understand now...?

=/

I do understand that you're raining on our parade here, but I see what you mean. Like you, I'm concerned that this could be one big case of trollin' on [AS]'s part. However, the truth is this: If [AS] reveals this is one big prank, I can guarantee that they will probably lose THOUSANDS of their viewers. If this isn't (and Toonami comes back), then they will probably gain THOUSANDS of viewers. Heck, I only watch [AS] on Saturday night for three things, FLCL, Cowboy Bebop, and Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood, and even then I don't watch them every week. If they brought Toonami back? I would watch all of the shows EVERY Saturday. Although that's just me, I can't help but feel that some people will agree with me on this one.

Stay gold. Bang.

The Mega Champion

Strategist
    Years
  • I do understand that you're raining on our parade here, but I see what you mean. Like you, I'm concerned that this could be one big case of trollin' on [AS]'s part. However, the truth is this: If [AS] reveals this is one big prank, I can guarantee that they will probably lose THOUSANDS of their viewers. If this isn't (and Toonami comes back), then they will probably gain THOUSANDS of viewers. Heck, I only watch [AS] on Saturday night for three things, FLCL, Cowboy Bebop, and Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood, and even then I don't watch them every week. If they brought Toonami back? I would watch all of the shows EVERY Saturday. Although that's just me, I can't help but feel that some people will agree with me on this one.

Stay gold. Bang.

I am doing nothing of the sort.

I want it back too.

I just want an ACTUAL comeback not something that is half-assed.

Years
    • Seen Jun 3, 2012
    So, last night we got "#BringBackToonami" trending on twitter for just one minute. Hopefuly someone heard our cry last night.

The Mega Champion

Strategist
    Years
  • So, last night we got "#BringBackToonami" trending on twitter for just one minute. Hopefuly someone heard our cry last night.

That's nice.

Adult Swim refuses to listen.

They're lying immature trolls that don't give a **** about their fans or what they want.

MORE MEGA FAILURE

=/

Years
    • Seen Jun 3, 2012
    If anyone wants to contribute tonight on twitter here's how:

Aqk-Xd8CIAExvdw.png:large

The Mega Champion

Strategist
    Years
  • Like I seem to have to say several times...

They're not going to listen. They never will listen.

They are just going to continue their MEGA FAILURE.

=/

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back