• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Watch Out For Ghosts... (Read first post!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
Years

Looks shopped.

And this comment is coming from the person who made this little gem on Photoshop:

Watch Out For Ghosts... (Read first post!)

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023

honestly if you can't see that it's shopped then you're probably blind :b

GUYS GOODRA'S GOODBYE WAS THE SADDEST THING MY HEART CAN'T TAKE THIS MY CHILD SAYING GOODBYE TO HIS DRAGON UGHHH

ok i'm done.

maybe.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023

ooooh. that makes sense!

well, part two/the actual goodbye was just release today so the subbed version won't be out for a week or so. But hnnnnng by the time you catch up it'll probably be subbed and it's so sweet and heartwreaking and ughh I loved it so much. It's been a long time since Ash said goodbye to one of his Pokemon especially in this way.

Meadow

Years

Ah, so it was a two-parter? No wonder the 30-second preview that I saw (from the Garchomp episode) made no hints about Goodra leaving. But yeah, I'll be looking forward to seeing it subbed!

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023

Yep! Though people continue to be mad that Ash doesn't have a "powerhouse" on his team anymore that they don't really care about anything else. I'm getting so tired of hearing them hahah.

Meadow

Years

Hmm, if anything, I'm sure the writers will use this chance to give the rest of Ash's team a chance to grow beyond their current selves. Frogadier's development is basically guaranteed, but I really, really hope that Fletchinder will get (close to) equal treatment.

blue

gucci
    Years

I don't watch the series myself, but I've read that Goodra left to protect his friends in his homeland. Ash just can't seem to hold onto strong Pokémon. D:

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023

It's not like he can't hold onto them it's just that the writers normally seem to give them a storyline that ends with them leaving? But his Sinnoh team were all pretty much powerhouses and he had Pokemon like Krookodile in Unova so I just... wish people would stfu about him losing a powerhouse. That's..... not the point of the show.........

I do agree with the other Pokemon hopefully getting development. Personally I think they're doing a better job than Unova already because, since he doesn't have seven+ Pokemon already, things seem more balanced.

And honestly, Voliol, the best way to change the conversation is to bring up another topic. Just asking us to stop isn't going work especially not with me I can talk about the anime all day kthnks

Years
    Yep! Though people continue to be mad that Ash doesn't have a "powerhouse" on his team anymore that they don't really care about anything else. I'm getting so tired of hearing them hahah.

Because those people think losing a powerhouse makes him automatically weak.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023

I know. And those people need to shut up or find another show to watch imean....

.... yeah no actually I do mean that because I'm sick of people saying that because it's not true. Though I've learned that there are many many people who don't see the anime the way I do hahaha. but uuurg.

Meadow

Years

Honestly, 70% of Ash's losses are due to his opponent having plot armor, not because he's weak. As for the other 30%, I'd say 25% of that goes to his character development, and the last 5% is due to having an insanely powerful opponent. (Though there are many instances of the first two categories overlapping.)

Years
    Hey guys, just wanted to point out that I changed my Username. I've been using my real name for 5 years now and I wanted to change it for now. There are few reasons which I dont think are needed to be discussed on this thread tbh. Im just pointing it out on this thread since you guys are pretty much the only people I actually felt friendly enough in the past 5 years so yeah, there ya go. :P

ONTOPIC:

Ash has a powerhouse called Pikachu and probably the only reason he's still with him cos they are together from the beginning. Not surprised yet another powerhouse left him lol.
    And true to be told, he is not that much of a trainer. He's not weak either, but he's not strong. I've seen all kind of dumb moves he's made. And worse, he would just unnecessarily put some of his Pokemon in danger.

He won so many battles only cos of a huge bond he has with most of his Pokemon plus some other environment related reasons.
    In that way, Ash is a great trainer, but in the technical way, he's far from that. If he was, he would have won a Pokemon league by now.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back