• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Watch out for Ghosts! (Read the First Post!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winter

[color=#bae5fc][font="Georgia"]KAMISATO ART: SOUME
    Years

If only they could at least give one more save files, making it possible to have two playthroughs. I personally found it disappointing and lame that for B2W2, I couldn't play Challenge Mode on the same cartridge without restarting.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years

That would be nice :c Maybe they'll surprise us next gen! Hopefully. Maybe.

I hope they bring back Challenge Mode though. It was such a great feature, and I was a bit disappointed when it didn't appear in X/Y.

TravelerTrainer15

Especially since Pokemon games are notoriously easy.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years

The new one is nice when you're training for a competitive team, but I still wish they had also kept the held item version, and added the Exp. All.

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017

Although the new Experience Share makes the games a lot easier, I do like that it takes out the need to spend hours grinding your team up to reasonable levels. That was always such a boring process in the earlier games.

Winter

[color=#bae5fc][font="Georgia"]KAMISATO ART: SOUME
    Years

I have never needed to grind in any game I played. O: Maybe it's because I try to fight every trainer that possibly exists in the game.

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
    Years

I never really had to grind either, but that wasn't what I used the experience share for, at least not for my main team. Reaching level 100 has become a lot easier over the generations. The highest level wild Pokémon in Kanto is 45 or something like that and that's even in a cave in which still many Zubat and Geodude reside. In Unova, for example, this level is 65, a huge difference.

Years

I have just beaten White for the first time, and this was the first time I didnt have to grind at all. I beat them all, (excluding N) with just 4 Pokemon I casually trained till then.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years

The only time I've ever had to grind is in HG/SS, because the level curve in that game is horribly broken. Even then it wasn't much worse than the grinding I'm used to in RPG games.

I think it's worth it to fight every trainer as you go through the game.

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017

I mostly have to grind when doing challenges. I often don't catch some team members until late in game so I have to spend a bit of time catching them up to the rest of the team. In normal playthroughs, I usually have my team put together relatively earlier so keeping up their levels isn't as bad.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023

This Gulpin person is making me die of joy omg whoever you are you have made Gulpin into the coolest Pokémon ever.

Years

Just stumbled upon this thread and thought I'd join. Don't really know what the current topic is though, would someone be so kind to catch me up on what's going on? Cheers.

Years

They're discussing level grinding but feel free to discuss whatever you feel like.
    Here's a new topic.

Does Hoenn really have too much water?

I never understood this complaint. Its an island. What do you expect around island? It's sure as heck not a floating island so it cant be air. And if there was all ground it wouldnt be called an island now, would it?
    I personally loved all the water. Tentacools not so much though. They are water form of Zubats.

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
    Years

I'm inclined to say both yes and no. I don't think there's too much water. Yes, true, it there's a lot water near the end, but I don't see it as too much. The only thing I see as too much water is that both the final Gym Leader and the Champions specialize in the water type, but that's just Emerald.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years

I like all the water in Hoenn. But I do understand the complaint. Exactly half the region is water. And I don't think it's the fact that it's surrounded by water that people don't like, but that in order to get to half the places in the game, you have to go through water (which involves getting bombarded by Tentacool, and it's easy to get lost).

I personally don't mind it though~

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    I don't mind the water too much, but I do understand the complain. Especially back in RSE it could be pretty easy to get lost in that vast ocean..

Years

It makes sense, really. The whole plot revolves around how Groudon created the land and Kyogre created the sea, it's sort of supposed to be half water half land. The reason people only notice the amounts of water is because there have been large land masses in all of the pokemon regions. I think that Hoenn is unique in that the only things on the water aren't just little islands, but actual gameplay and story elements. I don't see it as much of a big deal, but people will always want/find something to complain about. But what do I know?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back