• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Watch out for Ghosts! (Read the First Post!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017

I'm mostly excited for more fairy types to be introduced, and to see if there will be any other significant changes in mechanics like XY's introduction of Mega Evolution.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023

Bug, Grass, and Ice types to not be horrible defensive types kthnks. Though ofc they have exceptions it's just.... poor things.

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017

I agree that the type match-ups aren't completely balanced, but I think that helps make the types more unique. If they were all equally as good offensively and defensively across the board I don't think the game would be as interesting.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023

I won't argue with that. But if they could just have a little bit more support it would be helpful. So many of those types just instantly get shoved in the 'dislike' pile simply because they can't hold their own competitively.

Of course, that's with a lot of Pokemon, but hey. I guess there's those people (like me) who just don't give a damn regardless. ♥

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017

Yeah that is true that a good amount of Pokemon are disregarded due to their perceived 'weakness.' But what's funny is that pretty much every Pokemon is viable for at least in-game purposes. The only Pokemon I don't like to use just because of battle reasons are those that have stats that completely go against my in-game play style. I'm pretty much an all out attacker in-game, so I'm not a big fan of using super defensive Pokemon on my teams.. Which is sad, because Carbink is one of my favorite Pokemon but its stats are very incompatible with my play style.

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
    Years

Playing defensively doesn't pay off in the game, it simply takes too long to build up defenses or wait for the enemy to die of poison. Why would you waste your time with that when you can use another Pokémon with (special) attack and speed to knock it out before it has a turn to attack?

Also, I want to see a platypus Pokémon in the seventh gen and a Mega Dunsparce, preferably dragon or normal/dragon typed.

magicarp4thewin

Lv19 Magikarp, wonder what happens next?
    Years
    Mega bibarrel would be great, especially with that typing... Would give me a reason to actually use it and not carry it around as an hm slave (lol)

I would personally like to see a mega rypherior...maybe a nice fighting/rock type

TravelerTrainer15

I'm too lazy to read the whole thread. I have a Mega Raichu design, and I had designed Mega Sableye long before it was announced.

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    Playing defensively doesn't pay off in the game, it simply takes too long to build up defenses or wait for the enemy to die of poison. Why would you waste your time with that when you can use another Pokémon with (special) attack and speed to knock it out before it has a turn to attack?

Precisely why I don't waste my time with super defense-oriented Pokemon, haha.

I'm mostly excited to see the what the Mega Evolutions for the rest of the starters will be!

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
    Years

That makes me wonder if the Johto starters will remain single-typed in their future Mega forms, but only time will tell!

Additionally, I hope we can finally have multiple save files in one cartridge, but I'm almost certain that's a pipe dream, aha.

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017

Yeah, I think multiple saves won't be happening anytime soon as much as it would be so useful.

I could definitely see Dark with Feraligatr and Fairy with Meganium, I'm just not sure what type could pair well with Typhlosion. Maybe Rock or Ground since its based on a volcano?

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
    Years

Why look at that, a free ghost status! Didn't even have to stalk the thread or something. Chandelure for me please.

I'm too lazy to read the whole thread. I have a Mega Raichu design, and I had designed Mega Sableye long before it was announced.

Nobody forces you to. Good to see you pop in and chat along.
    I've seen many artworks of possible Megas designs that got revealed later, so many Sceptile that were drawn when Mega Blaziken was revealed, but none of the other two starters. Did your Mega Sableye share any similarity to the official one?

The entire point of not having multiple saving slots is to make you buy more games lol. Its not about having it as a cool feature, its about not having it, because cha ching

Yeah, exactly. Although now there's Pokébank, which allows people to store their Pokémon so they can reset the game without losing everything. But Pokébank isn't free either, so money again after all.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years

Pokemon Bank helps, since it lets you start a new save file without needing to lose all the Pokes you worked so hard to catch. I think that's the closest we're going to get though, for the reason Guardian stated :P

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back