• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Watch out for Ghosts! (Read the First Post!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023

im too lazy to look back who was the new ghost so i can update first post.

also people who prefer the first generation are fine. those who 'love' the first generation and simply bash on the other generations without really anything solid other than it not being the first gen are I suppose "Genwunners" tome. Though really they're just annoying.

Years

Sven is right, Tara. I was the last one to get ghosted. As for what Pokemon I'd be, make me a Jellicent please.

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
    Years

Hoenn as a big team wasn't totally unexpected, many people loved the originals and with ORAS now the Hoenn fanbase got even bigger. I have to say I was pretty surprised Johto was so big, I expected it to be the smallest alongside Unova.

Winter

[color=#bae5fc][font="Georgia"]KAMISATO ART: SOUME
    Years

Hoenn definitely had its launchpad from ORAS and rightfully so given how hyped up the remakes were.

I'm probably one of the few Hoenn people who hasn't played ORAS, and my decision is solely based on my RSE experiences.

blue

gucci
    Years

ORAS were a huge improvement on RSE (and XY) in my opinion. The storyline was recreated perfectly and the integration of Mega Evolution blended brilliantly with the existing storyline.

Years

Hoenn as a big team wasn't totally unexpected, many people loved the originals and with ORAS now the Hoenn fanbase got even bigger. I have to say I was pretty surprised Johto was so big, I expected it to be the smallest alongside Unova.

Hoenn literally dominated over half the GT events, they were just that good and were literally getting the message across that you must absolutely play a Hoenn game to celebrate its brilliance.

Unfortunately, Unova sucked aside from just one event. The fact we did not have many active members at all played a huge part in us coming in last place. But what did so many people find special about Johto? I don't see anything special with them.

Laguna

Sir Zangoose
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Aug 31, 2016

Well I'm still here... Except I'm not gonna boo very often. Only if I find it appropriate.

Years

11 i read the rules it not like we're crowded but i'll tone it down with the booing

10 ghosts is crowded and current record. We used to have 5 or 6 before which was fun. This is just dumb because more the ghosts, less are the chances we'll get a big number.

Ghosts should boo randomly when they just feel like it, not when they see a number got high.
    That is what separates fun ghosts from annoying ones.

Laguna

Sir Zangoose
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Aug 31, 2016

No need to get so salty, Guardian.

Anyway, we should really get off the topic of there being ten ghosts right now, soooo... What are some type combinations that haven't been done yet that you guys would like to see?

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017

I'd really like to see more types paired with the Normal type. Sawsbuck and Pyroar are pretty cool and there is something refreshing about them not being pure Grass and Fire, respectively. I'd specifically like to see Normal/Ghost, Normal/Fighting (we have Mega Lopunny though), and Normal/Dark.

Years

I loved how Girafarig changed up the Normal-type by actually being the first non-Flying dual-typed Normal Pokemon. Now we have ones like Bibarel, Sawsbuck and Pyroar so I do hope for more unique Normal-types to come into the fray.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years

Gen 6 actually released quite a few of those (Pyroar, Bunnelby, Heliolisk). Kinda stinks that it gives them a Fighting weakness, but they also get a Ghost immunity in exchange (which makes Meloetta pretty fun to use since people tend to forget she's part normal).

Ghost/Fighting is another one that hasn't been done yet, but would probably make for a really cool Poke.

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017

Yeah, I hope to see the trend of Normal type being paired with other types continue in the next generation. I think the benefits of the added type (Ghost immunity, strong STAB in Return alone) outweigh the Fighting type weakness. Plus if more were introduced it would make Normal monotypes more fun!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back